Wira evo 3.. JPJ... Need Help!

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
Here's what i know..

You can only upgrade or maximize bout 25% of ur current engine to the next convertion.. nothing more than that..

Engine has to follow or must be from the same make or equivalent like
E.G: proton cars... engine proton/Mitsubishi 1.6proton/mitsu can convert to proton/mitsu1.8...

Cannot stuff in other make or models... like proton using nissan engine/toyota n etc.. And there's no such thing going step by step convertion like:
E.G proton 1.3 to 1.5, then 1.5-1.6,then to 1.8,then to 2.0 n continues..

its basically depends on the cars body n chasis strenght.. if it was born from factory as 1.3,it cant be converted more than what the chasis can handle.. usually can go bout 1.8 only the max.. if u r lucky... but still got to go to 1.5 then 1.6 then 1.8..

for 2.0convertion.. going 2 need a 1.8/2.0 straight from factory car.. like Putra,GTi,R3,Waja 1.8,perdana..

Guys... you wanna do it back door way is fine.. pay a few sums or find sum lobang... but REMEMBER.. the book says it all.. n this regulation is been implemented now.. for those who've succeeded with 1.3-2.0 or equivalent in previous years than no problems.. they cant kacau u much,since it was not implemented back then...

But new comers.. i dont advise for u to swap engine bigger than the car's capability... even though u can suap or use backdoor/lobang... eventually ur gonna get caught at roadblocks.. n when u do... they will start question u this n that... even if u got approval papers.. then they will crack down to find out more... u might have to go for inspection.. they might even impound ur car 4 investigation..

all that... Just for the sake of making it street legal when it is cant be done legally animore now..

just my 2cents

euthanasia

Known Member
Jan 3, 2004
if u know your car sure kena JPJ at road block, and if u know u have all the legal papers eventho its illegal in the JPJ book of rules, and yet, you'll reach an ending which dont end, like what Luka have described...As i was just wondering, apparently, the pegawais go as they like wasting your time and money...The only thing i know is that, U duwan to go to JPJ inspection, and u duwan to promote bribery BUT u r a car nut, so how to solve?

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
1.3cc to 1.8cc , inspection =passed . The work shop is near BAHAU at Negeri Sembilan.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
aiks, i thought all engine transplants need jpj pusat's kawal selia letter regardless of where u r in msia??

Last edited:

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
For me to change from a 1.8 to a 1.8 GSR is already a lot of trouble. Have to go all the way to Putrajaya to get an approval to change the engine then only can I go to Puspakom for inspection. This is all because of the engine model number which shows not a lot difference. Proton engine model number shows 4G93 P and the Mitsubishi's shows 4G93. Since I don't want pay 'duit kopi' got to go through this method.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Slipknot Fanatic said:
For me to change from a 1.8 to a 1.8 GSR is already a lot of trouble. Have to go all the way to Putrajaya to get an approval to change the engine then only can I go to Puspakom for inspection. This is all because of the engine model number which shows not a lot difference. Proton engine model number shows 4G93 P and the Mitsubishi's shows 4G93. Since I don't want pay 'duit kopi' got to go through this method.
1.8 - 1.8 is very easy case since it is same cc.....alot of troubles for u coz u never do tis i guess......btw, at least u learned something from this....:_:

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
huakenny said:
1.8 - 1.8 is very easy case since it is same cc.....alot of troubles for u coz u never do tis i guess......btw, at least u learned something from this....:_:
Thanks for the tip.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
so any updates? heard few illegal racing in kl n jb were filed to police... will this affect the outcome?

joejef

Known Member
Sep 4, 2005
puchong
help

hi to all, i need some info about engine conv. im going to buy a wira 1.3 and its already been conv to 2.0 evo3. according to the owner its already got jpj approve and endorsed, my question is will i get in to trouble if i kena jpj road block in near future? thanks in advance

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
joejef said:
hi to all, i need some info about engine conv. im going to buy a wira 1.3 and its already been conv to 2.0 evo3. according to the owner its already got jpj approve and endorsed, my question is will i get in to trouble if i kena jpj road block in near future? thanks in advance
dont worries about tht, since ur car has been done wif reg of new engine n endorsement.no need to worry, btw make sure u always bring the reg card,kawal selia letter,puspakom inspection letter at least copy of tht.

evo rulessss

AUT15

Known Member
May 27, 2005
CyberJaya
EvoGanu said:
dont worries about tht, since ur car has been done wif reg of new engine n endorsement.no need to worry, btw make sure u always bring the reg card,kawal selia letter,puspakom inspection letter at least copy of tht.

evo rulessss
My advise is before you buy a car with conversion please send this car for Puspakom inspection...play save bro, now a day lots people say can but the reallity is not!! :_:

tuner

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2005
TOKYO
can i ask for 1 thing is i change the 2wd to 4wd like wira 1.8 2wd now i change to gsr 1.8 turbo 4wd can i pass or not can apply jpj or not please help ok !!

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
tuner said:
can i ask for 1 thing is i change the 2wd to 4wd like wira 1.8 2wd now i change to gsr 1.8 turbo 4wd can i pass or not can apply jpj or not please help ok !!
if u change the drivetrain to 4wd...be prepared...its illegal to do it no matter what. u might get ur car sita by jpj if they found out. be careful...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to repair carbon fiber in PJ/Subang/Shah Alam?? My CF spoiler is cracked...i think some idiot tried to steal it by ripping it out :(

its cracked at the seams... the part where the 2 pieces are joined together...so hopefully itll be an easy fix.

pic of my spoiler :

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience