Wiper not smooth..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Watermark stains are really irritating. It took me like a 20 times of washing before i was able to remove those stains and its all because of Rain X.

But i've just found a way to remove stains pretty effectively, by using claybar. It removes stains and tar from bodyworks really effectively, but you need to apply wax everytime you clay your car body. On the other hand, if you apply clay bar on your windscreen, you obviously don't need to wax the windscreen.

bravia

Known Member
Jun 13, 2006
lwkalvin said:
Bravia, i don think the sounds cause by the nuts lar. Is the wiper-windscreen sound. Not the old nuts.
I knew its the wiper which create the sound but no harm trying what i say cause sometimes, especially old cars, the nuts is rusty/tight which cause the wiper to jump place and create sound. :regular_smile:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
prodigy said:
Watermark stains are really irritating. It took me like a 20 times of washing before i was able to remove those stains and its all because of Rain X.

But i've just found a way to remove stains pretty effectively, by using claybar. It removes stains and tar from bodyworks really effectively, but you need to apply wax everytime you clay your car body. On the other hand, if you apply clay bar on your windscreen, you obviously don't need to wax the windscreen.
bro could u elaborate more on this 'claybar' thing?interesting noobie here :shades_smile: i've apply rain-x many times but doesnt give me 'satisfactory' level since it leave some watermark stains. is this 'claybar = tanah liat = clay'?or a 'claybar' brand name?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
rain x is basically very good; but the only thing is the after effect....
we tried once on highway; pouring very heavily; my friend with rain X just basically drive without wiper on and vision is damn good. Wheras my car only can drive 30-40km/h........... on highways..........

the effect to the windscreen is bad; that's all I can say....

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
bravia said:
I knew its the wiper which create the sound but no harm trying what i say cause sometimes, especially old cars, the nuts is rusty/tight which cause the wiper to jump place and create sound. :regular_smile:
Alrite...i will try it. but my car is not that old...2 years old only. ;> Thanks!
anyway, i think of a way suddenly, u can just flip up your wiper (not touching the windscreen la) and try to switch it on. U can hear if it is that squeeky sound coming from that old nuts. Rite ?

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
Boon, Prodigy .. basically rain-x not a good solution yea.

have side effect..unless u apply it everytime u wash your car. Tak boleh lar.. haha.

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
lwkalvin said:
Alrite...i will try it. but my car is not that old...2 years old only. ;> Thanks!
anyway, i think of a way suddenly, u can just flip up your wiper (not touching the windscreen la) and try to switch it on. U can hear if it is that squeeky sound coming from that old nuts. Rite ?
haha good try brother lwkalvin .. thats how i found out that its the nuts that giving me suqeky sounds :)

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
hahaha.....so it's only nuts that's giving the problem...
spray some WD40...case solved!

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
I have the same problem to. Can explain more about claybar? My friend took his car to a grooming centre and they polish the miror and the sound gone.I must try that to but basicly i tried all polish already by my own but no deff...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
there's another product by Soft99 which is a windscreen polisher....
will try to post the pics after I search for it in my messy house.

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Talks about clay bar, it cost slightly above rm100, can get from Ace Hardware.

I didn't have it, too expensive.

I did let the car wash centre tried (clay bar cleanning) once on my car, just a small area on the rear boot.

The effect of cleanning off all those sticky dirt is damn great. After wash but before clay cleaning, the surface is a bit rough, can feel by hand, eventhough i have polish & wax it few weeks ago. Then after clay bar cleaning, the surface is damn smooth! And can see the dirt sticked on the clay bar. Those dirt cant be clean off by car wash, will stick to clay bar.

Application of clay bar:
Use after car wash, but before polish & wax. 1st: "mixed" it like mixing plastersin(for 2nd time usage & above), to hide those dirty things inside the clay, then spray water to the clay bar & the car surface, then rub the clay bar on the surface (straight, not circular), repeat "mixed it" several time after clean-up a small section, clean section by section.

After clay bar cleanning, wipe dry & can start polish & wax again.

Last edited:

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
About Rain-X, i am regular user. It did great job only during: heavy rain pour + high way drives (need > 60kmh to get the effect).

Like bro B00n said, i also didn't switch on wiper during heavy rain on high way, bcos water drops clear off faster that way. I can see ppl struggling to see with wiper speed to max & drive slow but still cant have good vision.

But if drives slow in city, rain-x doesn't do that much. The only good part is the side window & rear winscreen,and side mirror too. Helps to keep clear vision all round.

Its advisible to have winscreen polish once a while. Bcos ordinary car wash (unless do it daily) hardly clean off stuborn dirt & water mark. So polish it can clean it better.

I use car plan glass polish (rm10~12) then combo with generous amount of rain-x. After application, just use a not-too-wet cloth to wipe clean. It want better effect, wipe again with dry cloth after that.

For really serious water mark, can use those a/cond cleaning liquid (red color) to clean it first. Water mark wont occur if you wash ur car frenquently, irregardless whether you use rain-x or not.

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
For wiper judder problem, according to accs shop ppl, if the glass surface is clean & not too "dry", due to application of rain-x, then problem is that the structure of the wiper (the metal part) is slightly "bengkok" already, although not so obious to be seen by ordinary ppl.....dunno true or not. They advise to get a new pair of wiper if its not due to the glass dryness.

Refill wiper blade also not performing as good as new wiper bcos the few "spring arch" that hold the wiper blade will lost its strength in long term. When you hold up your wiper, you cant see it bent the wiper as when it is new. So replacing the whole set of wiper is more advisable.

Just my 2 cent lar. Please dont fire me lar :>

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
de windscreen is too clean oredi i guess.. tat's why de wiper doesn wipe smoothly.. i haf been having this problem since i first drove my car.. till now oso same.. guess it's becoz we wash our car too often..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Building Your First Engine on a Budget

If you mess around with cars, sooner or later you're going to find yourself in the position of needing to freshen an engine. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is, or how old it is, because if you're reading this magazine, chances are good that you run the equipment a little on the aggressive side. This increases the likelihood that your engine will, at some point during your ownership, be left with its tongue hanging out.
crafters can be a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience