Wiper not smooth..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
My wiper doesnt swipe that smooth even though i changed a whole new set a month ago. Before i change it, it swipe like..grr grr grr...sound. So i changed, and the problem still persists.

Any idea what's wrong with that? I try to feel the windscreen with my hand, indeed the glass is not smooth, only at that part. I suspect that the silicon layer is damaged. Any idea how to restore them?

Rain-X is an option, but heard some guys that it actually damages the silicon layer on the glass. *confused*.

It only happens on the driver side, passenger's side is smooth. Any bro can help?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
lwkalvin, i'm not sure is it related to the windscreen quality.

I drove wira before, many wira i shall say, some will not give sound or jump the viper, but some no matter how many set of new viper (different brand)you install, they just jump and produce the sound.

you need to re-apply Rain-X after every rain fall or after you wash your car. Doesn't sound like a permenant solution for me.

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
Yup, not a good solution i agree. I had tried using car wash to wash it, try using some dish washer and wash it also (Someone told me that it works). but hell, to no avail. still the same...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
the only thing i never try is to install a new windscreen.... you wanna try? :biggrin:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
squeeze some lemon juice (pure lemon though) and wipe it using newspaper....

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
g88 said:
squeeze some lemon juice (pure lemon though) and wipe it using newspaper....
Does that really help?? I think i have heard that too...never try it tho. But then using newspaper to wipe it , doesnt that make it more un-smooth? Its like cleaning it real clean, a clean glass is not smooth eh.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Are you sure that there's nothing missing from your viper? Coz the last time I forgot to put in two things which I thought was minor the wipers ended up not doing it's job smoothly.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I had problems with my wipers too and i found out that RainX was the culprit. Rainx leaves a layer of wax onto the windscreen. Its great if apply them week in week out and you always have a smooth layer. But if you stop applying them for a period of time, it sort of dries and hardens up and it'll be not smooth when you switch on the wipers. When the rainfall is light, you find that the wiper will squeek like hell.

Besides, if you stop applying Rain X, you find that there's really bad watermark stains on the area not wiped by the wiper. Its really irritating and you need many many times of washing to remove the watermark stains.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
prodigy said:
Besides, if you stop applying Rain X, you find that there's really bad watermark stains on the area not wiped by the wiper. Its really irritating and you need many many times of washing to remove the watermark stains.
have the same experience wit prodigy.

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
Yakuza - What are the two things u mentioned? ISnt it just clip it to the steel bar? what else to put ?

Prodigy - Thanks for the info. I'll have to think twice applying rain-x then. I think i really should try using lemon.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Same experience as what prodigy said too. Then again, ever since the first day I got my car, I hantam rain-x already la. hahaha But all my other friends who don't use rain-x, no bouncy and squeaky problem. I'm quite a regular rain-x user but since rain-x increase price from RM15 to RM21, the mid sized bottle, I didn't use it anymore. I use cheaper brands which work as well. I'm currently these products.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=114479

So far, it's been good stuff for me. The RAINON is the "rain-x" thing that I use. I apply the RAINON with a polish machine, actually. It works a lot more better than hand polish. And I've been using it for at least 3 years, nothing happen to my windscreen also. hehehe In tank wiper wash liquid, I use rain-x wiper wash. It helps to "freshen" up the water repellent effect.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
my friend used rain X and than the problem occurs....even after he stopped using the squeaking sound continues; unless it's pouring cats and dogs........
guessed it's the surfaced of the windscreen that caues the squeaking sound....

bravia

Known Member
Jun 13, 2006
BlackSamurai said:
have the same experience wit prodigy.
Me too have the same problem, i think that Rain X will spoilt our windscreen if u dun us it continuosly, like taking drugs.hehe
Now i stop using Rain X already and everytime its rain, there will be annoying sound
My solution: Try apply some WD40 on the nuts at the end on the wiper,it might helps, happy trying.

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
Bravia, i don think the sounds cause by the nuts lar. Is the wiper-windscreen sound. Not the old nuts.

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
hmmmmm .. somehow im having the same problem .. but recently i found out that not only the wiper and the windscreen is causing the squeky sounds .. instead the nuts that mentioned by bravia is the caused .. tried some WD4D on it .. it might helps :)

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Watermark stains are really irritating. It took me like a 20 times of washing before i was able to remove those stains and its all because of Rain X.

But i've just found a way to remove stains pretty effectively, by using claybar. It removes stains and tar from bodyworks really effectively, but you need to apply wax everytime you clay your car body. On the other hand, if you apply clay bar on your windscreen, you obviously don't need to wax the windscreen.

bravia

Known Member
Jun 13, 2006
lwkalvin said:
Bravia, i don think the sounds cause by the nuts lar. Is the wiper-windscreen sound. Not the old nuts.
I knew its the wiper which create the sound but no harm trying what i say cause sometimes, especially old cars, the nuts is rusty/tight which cause the wiper to jump place and create sound. :regular_smile:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
prodigy said:
Watermark stains are really irritating. It took me like a 20 times of washing before i was able to remove those stains and its all because of Rain X.

But i've just found a way to remove stains pretty effectively, by using claybar. It removes stains and tar from bodyworks really effectively, but you need to apply wax everytime you clay your car body. On the other hand, if you apply clay bar on your windscreen, you obviously don't need to wax the windscreen.
bro could u elaborate more on this 'claybar' thing?interesting noobie here :shades_smile: i've apply rain-x many times but doesnt give me 'satisfactory' level since it leave some watermark stains. is this 'claybar = tanah liat = clay'?or a 'claybar' brand name?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
rain x is basically very good; but the only thing is the after effect....
we tried once on highway; pouring very heavily; my friend with rain X just basically drive without wiper on and vision is damn good. Wheras my car only can drive 30-40km/h........... on highways..........

the effect to the windscreen is bad; that's all I can say....

lwkalvin

Jul 13, 2005
kuala lumpur
bravia said:
I knew its the wiper which create the sound but no harm trying what i say cause sometimes, especially old cars, the nuts is rusty/tight which cause the wiper to jump place and create sound. :regular_smile:
Alrite...i will try it. but my car is not that old...2 years old only. ;> Thanks!
anyway, i think of a way suddenly, u can just flip up your wiper (not touching the windscreen la) and try to switch it on. U can hear if it is that squeeky sound coming from that old nuts. Rite ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all there...i just wanna know...what is J and JJ??...PCD i know la..he.he.he..any body can tell me what is J and JJ for rims...izit measuring unit for rim wide or measuring unit for knuckle??....all answer are welcome..thanks..:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience