Why Proton SC insist on using SAE 50 motor oil for CAMPRO?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Salam/Greetings....

Early next year, I'm going to have a 2008 Persona B Line from my sis (sambung bayar) since a) my kancil reached full settlement end of dec 2010 and; b) she went oversea, but she couldn't bare to sell her first car off to a complete stranger and finally; c) she offering it to me without having to pay for downpayment or anything.. just pay monthly only for the remainder of 7 year tenure

When I receive the car, I'll not sent the car to Proton SC since IMHO they charge a bit expensive.. for that amount of money, I can use quality semi or even full synth oil from established brands...

1 thing that bugged me is that as per topic la.... normally for a modern twin cam engine, I saw the recommended oil rating is SAE 40... even now Toyota SC offering 10W-30 semi-synth oil for VIOS!

Most ppl say that running CAMPRO (whether it's the 1st gen, IAFM or the CPS version) with SAE 40 oil will make the engine noisy... izzit true? izzit just the noise or there are something more???

...Thanks for reading...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
Salam/Greetings....

Early next year, I'm going to have a 2008 Persona B Line from my sis (sambung bayar) since a) my kancil reached full settlement end of dec 2010 and; b) she went oversea, but she couldn't bare to sell her first car off to a complete stranger and finally; c) she offering it to me without having to pay for downpayment or anything.. just pay monthly only for the remainder of 7 year tenure

When I receive the car, I'll not sent the car to Proton SC since IMHO they charge a bit expensive.. for that amount of money, I can use quality semi or even full synth oil from established brands...

1 thing that bugged me is that as per topic la.... normally for a modern twin cam engine, I saw the recommended oil rating is SAE 40... even now Toyota SC offering 10W-30 semi-synth oil for VIOS!

Most ppl say that running CAMPRO (whether it's the 1st gen, IAFM or the CPS version) with SAE 40 oil will make the engine noisy... izzit true? izzit just the noise or there are something more???

...Thanks for reading...
plz check ur service manual..for 4g93 the recommended viscosity is 20w50...maybe campro also around that

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thanks for the reply... it seems better for me to continue sending the car to proton sc then...

1 question though, in the vios manual stated that recomended oil rating is sae 40... but now toyota is promoting heavily on 10W/30 (semi-synt) & 5W-30 (full-synth) as the new recommended oil rating...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
new engines have tighter(edit) tolerance, so new cars coming from factory nowadays go for the 30weight, some use as low as 0w-20. for me, it depends on needs, if u whack ur engine kaw2, better get a thicker oil, if its new, use the thinnest viscosity ur engine may be able to contain without too much oil loss. i think its a good practice to follow the manual, but a couple of trials to determine what engine oil ur engine is able to work with is worth it imo. id go with the 5w-30 with a new engine and go for thicker oil if needed from there onwards sir

Last edited:

fatality69

Jan 9, 2009
Kch/Swk
plus, recommended oil by SC for Campro CPS is 10w-30 engine oil. And why can't Campro IAFM follow the same since basically the engine is 100% the same on the block and internals (except the rest of the stuffs attached to it)?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thanks you sir xtremeleo & fatality69... been so busy that I forgot about this thread..

an update, I didn't get the persona since my sis didn't go for that oversea transfer for personal reasons but now she's using 40wt full synth engine oil as per recommended by her mech friend (who happen to work @ proton plant before)...

...the engine is a bit noisier but up to this point, the engine felt noticeably lighter and fuel FC kinda improving

fatality69

Jan 9, 2009
Kch/Swk
tempted to try engine oil on my campro iafm engined Persona by Toyota which is semi synthetic 10w-30 @ RM92 per 4L bottle.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone outhere using GAB coilover absorber?? can all the sifu outhere give some review about this absorber. im planning to buy this absorber soon, so need to find some info about this absorber.currently im still using stock standard satria gti suspension setup.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience