gab absorber

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
Anyone outhere using GAB coilover absorber?? can all the sifu outhere give some review about this absorber. im planning to buy this absorber soon, so need to find some info about this absorber.currently im still using stock standard satria gti suspension setup.

kjr6662

Jan 15, 2005
Hi

For ur information to share, honestly me not much know about gab absorber but me do know a good absorber for satria gti, the brand is TITAN absorber, which hardness, softness, height can be set by the sifu for this brand. If u really interested, u can email to me at [email protected] to get more info. To tell u the truth, my own car now r using the brand, and it function good, and now me r recommending to all who would like to improve the car road handling, braking system, stability and comfort. Kindly not hesitate to email me.

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
GAB Absorbers

I am using GABs on my VR4 Wira. It's ok, not too bad. Of course you cannot compare with Tein. Good enough for a Satria GTi and many Proton cars. I'm using it for about 1/2 yr already and have been wacking the corners nicely, hills or even flat. Furthermore its cheap.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
tq tq

just fitted my satria gti with hwl coilover, tot of using the gab coilover but the hwl set is cheaper then gab. hwl set cost me 1600 plus installaion. the gab coilover set cost around 1800 with installation. i was told that the gab coilover set is just an ordinary absorber but was fitted with thread so that the hieght can be adjust . anyway.. just want to ask again what do u think about this hwl set?? is it worth to service it back after one year?? how much will it cost me to service it back? tq for ya reply anyway

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Gab

Not really a standard absorber with threads. I actually used their standard abs before I switched to the adjustables and there are differences. I can choose the weight I want for my springs as well as the stiffness of my abs. Aren't all standard absorbers and adjustables the same except that there is height and stiffness customisation?? :D

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
ic ic.. so you can also set the damping rate for your gab abosorber izzit?? kewl2 my hwl can only set the ride height.. : ( the damping rate or the "soft&hard" setting can only be done at the factory.. anyway how much it cost you for the gab adjustable? aiyaaa i should get the gab adjustable seyh.. hwl is abit hard la.. :P

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
GAB Absorbers

potssum said:
ic ic.. so you can also set the damping rate for your gab abosorber izzit?? kewl2 my hwl can only set the ride height.. : ( the damping rate or the "soft&hard" setting can only be done at the factory.. anyway how much it cost you for the gab adjustable? aiyaaa i should get the gab adjustable seyh.. hwl is abit hard la.. :P
No no, I also can't adjust the damping rate. I only can do it in the factory. But normally ppl don't adjust damping rates so freq. Once it is set, you'll stick to it. You can go back until you get the right rate.

I do admit, the springs are a little soft. Xtorm, can you change your springs to harder ones?

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
noise..

ic.. does ya absorber make any noise when you drive over the yellow lines?? hehe the "anak ayam" noise?? hehe i think since i changed to the coilover set i have been hearing this noise.. i wonder.. why.. anyway do you know how to over come this noise?

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
GAB Absorbers

potssum said:
ic.. does ya absorber make any noise when you drive over the yellow lines?? hehe the "anak ayam" noise?? hehe i think since i changed to the coilover set i have been hearing this noise.. i wonder.. why.. anyway do you know how to over come this noise?
To be very frank, yes. It's some kind of defect. It happens even more when it's cold in the morning. Just bring it back to change. I think it's something to do with the bushings.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
defect?? so what happen when u changed the bushing?? does the sound go away?? its really annoying to have dat noise hmm.... anyway thanks for all ya reply..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

They say all good things must come to an end, and when it came down to the US F1 team, it was the rare case of the end coming before the beginning. There were drum rolls in anticipation of the raise of a American Formula One team, something that many were looking forward to. But as big of a bang they created when announcing their contention, the USF1 went out with nothing more than a whimper. There has been no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience