Which Is The Best Components Set....??????

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Guys, I have narrowed down the best possible component sets that's according to my budget and below I have 7 sets that I don't have any clue which to choose.... :confused:

So I need you guys to help me out to decide which is the best component to buy..... :confused:

1- Focal (165 V2) 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker
2- INFINITY Reference Series 605cs 6.5" 2-Way Component System
3- KICKER K65.2 6.5" SPEAKER COMPONENT SET
4- MB Quart Premium Series PCE-216 6.5" Component Speaker
5- Rockford Fosgate P162S 6.5" Component Speaker
6- MB Quart DSD-216 6.5" Component System
7- RAINBOW Dreamline W165SL 6.5" 2-Way Component System

I have strong affection for the Rockford Fosgate but my brain says go for either the Focals or Rainbows.... :smokin:

HELP ME ! ! ! HELP ME ! ! ! :adore:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
no offence Avin but like u,i went here n there looking for a component set according to my budget n came across almost similar lineup as urs,the prob was,all the brands stated there has knock offs selling in lelong....n most of the shops.....so,those items u scouted,were they originals n how much were they??

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
i would personally go for :
1- Focal (165 V2) 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Guys, I have narrowed down the best possible component sets that's according to my budget and below I have 7 sets that I don't have any clue which to choose.... :confused:

So I need you guys to help me out to decide which is the best component to buy..... :confused:

1- Focal (165 V2) 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker - tweets are sharp
2- INFINITY Reference Series 605cs 6.5" 2-Way Component System - Tweets are harsh
3- KICKER K65.2 6.5" SPEAKER COMPONENT SET - Tweets are harsh
4- MB Quart Premium Series PCE-216 6.5" Component Speaker - Older ones are good but new ones are shit
5- Rockford Fosgate P162S 6.5" Component Speaker - Unless its the power series than dont bother
6- MB Quart DSD-216 6.5" Component System - same as no.4
7- RAINBOW Dreamline W165SL 6.5" 2-Way Component System - are you sure its not cap palang? because its expensive

I have strong affection for the Rockford Fosgate but my brain says go for either the Focals or Rainbows.... :smokin:

HELP ME ! ! ! HELP ME ! ! ! :adore:
whats your budget anyway?

5hadow

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
the best one is the best sound thru your ears. u have to audit every one of them to see which one suits you best coz at the end, its you who will be listening not e1 else. But if i were to ask for oppinion, i would definitely go for focal. unless some audio fanatics let me audit their rainbow. BTW, how much is Rainbow speaker eh?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
acg what amps are u using, and what type of music do u listen to. once u state your budget we can give recommendations, doesnt have to be whats on your list also.

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Zenn, I currently have an ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH P4004 amp with me. Not hooked up yet to my system. I'm working around 500-700 dimes/set for the components....I listen all types of music but favor Hip-Hop/RnB and a lil bit of Nu-Metal....:smokin:

Last edited:

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Personally, I think the Focal will be a good choice (comparing to those in the list). Most people opined that Focal tweeters are sharp (especially whern they are newly installed). Nevertheless, through my personal experience and some of my friends, they tend to tame down after running in for at least 50 hours. Focal speakers are known for their details. Last word is that please be caution as there are lots of fakes especially Focal,Rainbow & MB Quart. The rest of the brand you stated are not really popular as speakers manufacturer. Rockford Fosgate are well-known for their amps. Although powerful but not as clean as they should worth. Old school RF amps are still the best.

Finally, tuning and installation still play very important roles in creating an audio nirvana although SQ is a subjective matter. Hardware is just part of the story.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
All are good if u can get the original product.
Of coz, is depand on what kind of music u listen to...
power amp and speaker mounting location set up etc.
However, I will go to Focal for clear sound.:biggrin:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
What you are actually looking for are tweeter that are good on off axis and can cross lower, say 2khz. Sharp tweets are meant for kick panel. The closer they get to your ear the more sharp it is.

The P4004 are good amp especially the older series. But for 700 budget, you might go for 2nd hand or the best I can think of is Cap Kuda Terbang.

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
What you are actually looking for are tweeter that are good on off axis and can cross lower, say 2khz. Sharp tweets are meant for kick panel. The closer they get to your ear the more sharp it is.

The P4004 are good amp especially the older series. But for 700 budget, you might go for 2nd hand or the best I can think of is Cap Kuda Terbang.

I'm working around 500-700 dimes/set for the components....I listen all types of music but favor Hip-Hop/RnB and a lil bit of Nu-Metal....

Pls tell us why with his music taste he needs tweeters that can cross at 2khz??
And with a budget of 500-700 dimes, what comps can he buy with tweeters that can be crossed so low??

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
No matter what type of music you listen to, which ones would you prefer a tweet than can cross @2khz or 4khz? I myself listen to a lot of rock, trance and others.

Unfortunately I cant think of any because I know I wont buy something which does not do the job for me.

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
No matter what type of music you listen to, which ones would you prefer a tweet than can cross @2khz or 4khz? I myself listen to a lot of rock, trance and others.

Unfortunately I cant think of any because I know I wont buy something which does not do the job for me.
I am sorry but I don't have a clue of what you are trying to convey.

Last edited:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my

can, sure got... but the question... the biggest question is...:confused::confused::confused:

ARE U WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it true tht thick plug cables would create EMI(if i'm not mistaken) when spark which will interfere with our car's electronics component?

hope sifus can give some guides n experience cause i'm thinking to change it to a thicker plug cable...

thanks
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience