Which headlights to go for?

vito208

Oct 24, 2005
Hi all i'm new in here. My cefiro also using this type of the headlight. The socket is for signal right. You need to change to proton perdana signal socket. becauase the original socket is not fit to it. It can cause water go into your light. Any problem for the light you can call me 012-7820288(Raymond).

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi raymond..so it means those h/light from taiwan will not direct fit into our ride n need some mods on the signal socket?? susah lor...i also gettin them from bidtrade next week....

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Everything will fit except for the indicator socket. The Taiwan Cefiro indicator wiring has 3 wires, which is why the headlights indicator socket will have 3-pins, which requires a female connector from your car's wiring to have 3 wires.

But in my case, my Maxima has only 2 wires for the female connector from the car. So what I did was, retro fit the old indicator socket from the old headlights, to fit the new headlights. It requires some cutting to the housing's hole in oder to slot the socket in.

because:

the new headlight's indicator socket has 4 prongs
the old headlight indicator's socket has 3 prongs.

Mine works fine, and doesn't leak. Well, I don't mind, I got it for a bloody good price and deal from bidtrade! And I love modifications as well, custom fitting pleasures me :)

However, I did found another alternative, but I didn't try it. You can use the socket off A33.

It has 2 wires connector, but the socket is of 4 prongs, but the problem is, the sizes of the 4 prongs are slightly different from the Taiwan headlights, but you only need to 'cut' or 'skim' off just a sligt mm off the A33 prongs, to fit in perfectly.

I have no experience with the perdana socket though, maybe vito can clarify? I think he is trying to tell us that the perdana socket will plug straight in to the Taiwan headlights and still use the original wire connector?

Hope I got it right.

vito208

Oct 24, 2005
edgar raphael you're right. The new headlight socket has 4 prongs. You only need to 'cut' or 'skim' off just a sligt mm for the prongs/ the housing hole. Maybe the A33 socket is same with the perdana also is two wire & 4 prongs. That't why i use the perdana socket. Lucky i have the perdana spare headlight(previous car). Not so difficult to modifier it. The signal light just use two wire, one for + & one for -. I change off the connector to perdana signal socket. I buy the car acc shop install the lihgt for me, i don't the false till i saw the light get water go in. I take out the headlight then i found the problem is the acc shop use the original 3 prongs socket on it. and didn't fix probably into the housing.

vito208

Oct 24, 2005
The headlight is fit to the car. The sighal light is cool. Like diamond light. I like the headlight.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Thanks, first and only in Australia :lol:

Any retro fittings are subject to faults. What I would advise is, if you decided to retro fit any sockets to the Taiwan headlights is to apply silicon seals on it. I didn't put any on mine, and it no water has leaked in despite driving the car in the rain for one whole week now (yes for the first time ever in history, such crazy weather in my state).

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
maybe deffy can help...where is he when he is needed...
Erm...did I hear someone use my name in vain?... :smile:

Actually, I have no idea how many wires go to my signal lamp. However, in the past, whenever I have been faced with this situation, and cannot find a fitting plug, I simply change both sides of the connector - both the male and female. A trip to the local scrap yard will yield miles of discarded tangles of wire harnesses with a variety of connectors attached. You simply need to find an appropriate one.

For lights, if it is 2 wire (common), then that's simple. If it is 3 wired, then it is likely that it is a looped circuit...i.e. the positive probably connects to some other light or is intended to loop to some other signal light that may not be present in your car. Trace the original wiring through that connector and make sure that the wires match up...and it will work without problems...and with a brand new connector that will not leak... :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

As I know Miss Firing System is mean to reduce Turbo Lag, but is it possible for a normal (not Turbo) car to have Miss Firing System?

If Yes, what's the approach to achive that?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience