Where to repair CF Parts

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Hi dear zthrians,

Just asking whether anybody knows where to repair the CF parts in Klang Valley area? My CF front lips was severely damaged by stone chips leaving ugly chip marks all over it.

Anybody know any place that can repair the CF lips?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance :driver:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
My problem is the lacquer part that was chipped off leaving CF weave exposed below....its an original BMW Performance lips but quality haiyaaaa haiyaaaaa *smack my head with the amount ive paid*

I'll post pics later when im home

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
oh, sounds like it's not structural damage......it's just the clear coat that has been chipped. Send it to paint shop, they could polish it out the chip marks and coat it again. But dont expect it to be as good as ori...

Damage is bound to happen again as is its a lower lips.

Welcome to Malaysia, bro. We have the best roads in SEA. A million thanks to JKR folks...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
oh, sounds like it's not structural damage......it's just the clear coat that has been chipped. Send it to paint shop, they could polish it out the chip marks and coat it again. But dont expect it to be as good as ori...

Damage is bound to happen again as is its a lower lips.

Welcome to Malaysia, bro. We have the best roads in SEA. A million thanks to JKR folks...
I tot thanks to JKR cronies haha :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

My problem is the lacquer part that was chipped off leaving CF weave exposed below....its an original BMW Performance lips but quality haiyaaaa haiyaaaaa *smack my head with the amount ive paid*

I'll post pics later when im home
u using e90 or f30? those cf lips are damn expensive for sure.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think its the gel coat layer which was chipped together with the clear coat.
U can send it for a layer of clear coat but it wont be as good as before as there are no more gel coat layer to makes the CF pattern more striking.Plus, if done wrongly then u can see rubbing mark......This one hurt the most.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Sorry for late reply,

Bro Ken yeang,

Yes not structural damage since the weave still in good order...see pic below for reference...any paint shop to recommend or any paint shop can re-apply the lacquer layer?

Bro DanzEterna,

Im driving e90 same as yours bro :driver:

Road condition? My area got few new road build but the road condition is like driving on sand dunes with tars :banghead:

Bro gunnerzz,

Any place to repair the gel layer? Its already hurts my eyes with 1 big chip mark...i wish to remove & recoat the clear layer if possible but dunno do-able or not :smokin:

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sorry for late reply,

Bro gunnerzz,

Any place to repair the gel layer? Its already hurts my eyes with 1 big chip mark...i wish to remove & recoat the clear layer if possible but dunno do-able or not :smokin:
From your pic,
it does not look like a gel coat layer. So my last post was incorrect.
It looks like a resin layer only or a resin layer coat with a thin layer of clear coat.
U cannot fix a resin layer.
Clear coat u can fix but u must find a spray shop with super tidy work because the slightest dust will be like a fossil under a layer of clear coat. Its there forever for everyone to see.
I said this because they will need to sand off the existing layer and when u sand down a hardened CF, the dust is all over the place.

It can be fixed bro, dont worry.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sorry for late reply,

Bro Ken yeang,

Yes not structural damage since the weave still in good order...see pic below for reference...any paint shop to recommend or any paint shop can re-apply the lacquer layer?

Bro DanzEterna,

Im driving e90 same as yours bro :driver:

Road condition? My area got few new road build but the road condition is like driving on sand dunes with tars :banghead:

Bro gunnerzz,

Maybe u can go Sunway to ask those bodykit shop, or ask Custom Bodyworks at Sunway, Same row as N1 Racing. Friendly guy.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Bro gunnerzz,

Thats the main reason i came & ask here to know if there's any shop that can do the tedious job which I guess normal paint shop wont take the risk...main culprit is the thin clear coat layer & I can't see any resin layer below it...RM2.5K quality pppfftttthhh :banghead:

Bro Supra_fanatics,

I'll go ask the Custom Bodyworks see if they able to do it....thanks for your head-up...need to fix it asap since its getting worse day by day :banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
But being the lower lip, it will get damaged again from stone....
Thats the problem,
One more thing, clear coat does not seem to stick well to CF maybe to to the existing chemical on the CF itself. Notice from how the coating was chipped.

I wont recommend following the car in front too close on road with stones or sands.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe those paint protection films will be better but is really expensive and not sure it can fit to curved areas?