Where Do You Mount The Ballasts

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi sifus, I am planning to install a HID kit by myself. I am planning to install it on the Suzuki Swift. My question is, where do installers normally mount the ballasts? On the fenders? Or do they mount it on other places? I was also wondering if there is any need for drilling so that the wires can go through?

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
i not sure yet how they actually mount, my fren mount with taking off the front bumper somewhere there, but i DIY install myself, i put on the mud guard there ...

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
sonictheory said:
i not sure yet how they actually mount, my fren mount with taking off the front bumper somewhere there, but i DIY install myself, i put on the mud guard there ...
Hmm, on the mud guard... Bumper too troublesome ler. I am planning to mount it somewhere I don't have too much trouble accessing and also not too hot. Which part of the mud guard did you exactly mount it on?

Also, anyone can suggest me good quality HID at a good price? I don't want those with bulbs where when installed will glare and blind on coming traffic. I know some might say readjust your headlamps, but theoritically, if the precision of the bulb is good, there is no need to readjust the headlamps since they were factory calibrated.

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
im driving city, so changing bulb and all would be around wheel arch there....just right on the top of mud guard....there's a little place for me to tie up ballast... some ppl would say glaring is depend on ur headlamp reflector..dunno how to explain...or get retrofitted loh..sure no glaring...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subject : Dull 15' Fondmetal wheels.

The first step is to clean up the wheels. Use a detergent to make sure there is no dirt or oil left.

Sand it like there's no tomorrow. Just a light pressure is enough to wash away the top layer of the paint...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience