when turn my steering to left or right got sound ( tak tak tak) at right rim.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
drive shaft - car will gegar when at low speeds
tie rod end - when turning corners or U turn, car will feel like the tires gonna pop out.
lower arm - got 'kuk kuk' sound when going on bumps....
engine mounting - engine vibrating when car idling.

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
tie rod end - when turning corners or U turn, car will feel like the tires gonna pop out.
bro, i thought the tulang anjing oso can cause the 'kuk kuk' sound when passes thru bumps and bumpy roads?

tak tak or kuk kuk sounds usually comes from ball-joint parts while mouse squeeking noises usually are from rubber bushes (eg. ARB/lower arm bushes)... at least from what i've experienced so far. correct me if i'm wrong though :biggrin:. Adjustables always kill the tulang anjing.

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
bro, i thought the tulang anjing oso can cause the 'kuk kuk' sound when passes thru bumps and bumpy roads?

tak tak or kuk kuk sounds usually comes from ball-joint parts while mouse squeeking noises usually are from rubber bushes (eg. ARB/lower arm bushes)... at least from what i've experienced so far. correct me if i'm wrong though :biggrin:. Adjustables always kill the tulang anjing.
i think our bro's ride here is stock....

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
i think our bro's ride here is stock....
just sharing some possibilities :idea:. was just elaborating danz's statement of the 'kuk kuk' sound when passing thru bumps whereby tulang anjing can also cause that similar sound.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
if its tulang anjing bush gone or the tie rods gone...when going over hump or bumpy roads...not only have the tuk tuk sound but u'll feel like the wheel is loose n can feel it shaking loosely all the way thru the steering wheel.

or another way to determine if its lower arm/upper control arm bushing or tie rod gone is hard acceleration/braking...steering wheel during normal cruising will be straight. accelerate hard n u need to turn steering either left or right to keep car straight. then when brake hard same thing.(dont mistake this with torque steer which doesnt affect steering when braking)

also another sort of gegar is when yr wheel bearings gone case...when driving can hear an omnious hum from either 4 wheels...not sure what other way to check this symptom...i saw my tyre mech jack up the car n spin the wheel while putting her hand on the lower arm to feel for vibrations...

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
if its tulang anjing bush gone or the tie rods gone...when going over hump or bumpy roads...not only have the tuk tuk sound but u'll feel like the wheel is loose n can feel it shaking loosely all the way thru the steering wheel.
hey Arturo, could that be the absorber mounting too? My car has that sound when going over bumps but the ball joints are still good.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
absorber mounting as in the bush? if it's anything regarding to the rubber bush u'll get either metal rubbing metal sound or tuk tuk. i once had a lower arm whose bush gone case till it sounded like metal bending n rubbing sound. whole floor pan can feel the vibration.

absorbers have 1 mounting fixed to the car chassis n the other fixed via a rubber bush to the arm correct? u mean the joint between the arm n absorber?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
absorber mounting as in the bush? if it's anything regarding to the rubber bush u'll get either metal rubbing metal sound or tuk tuk. i once had a lower arm whose bush gone case till it sounded like metal bending n rubbing sound. whole floor pan can feel the vibration.

absorbers have 1 mounting fixed to the car chassis n the other fixed via a rubber bush to the arm correct? u mean the joint between the arm n absorber?
No, i mean the absorber mounting as in the shock absorber's top-mount which is fixed to the chassis. I had all my lower arm bushes changed recently and the result was satisfying apart from this tuk tuk sound when going over bumps.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
but the mounting on the chasis isnt supposed to move wooor....if u get sound from there then its super dangerous. exactly wat sort of tuk tuk sound la? issit like creaking spring sound or tuk tuk tuk tuk when go over bump?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
No, i mean the absorber mounting as in the shock absorber's top-mount which is fixed to the chassis. I had all my lower arm bushes changed recently and the result was satisfying apart from this tuk tuk sound when going over bumps.
i think that one consists of bearings inside the mounting... it's not using rubber bushing, right?:hmmmm:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
How about ball-joint... changed it yet?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
i think that one consists of bearings inside the mounting... it's not using rubber bushing, right?:hmmmm:
yup, it's bearings..not rubber like what nissan cars have..

How about ball-joint... changed it yet?
haven't changed but they are still good -- checked with the proper tool.. I also don't have alignment problem or uneven tyre wear after changing my lower arm bushes..

Based on all opinions, I still think those two are the suspects with the ball joints having a lower possibility... Will get it checked after next payday n update u guys. :D

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
racing engine mounting will also vibrates the car... :driver:...like internal vibrator... :proud:

Last edited:

kolver99

Jan 11, 2010
Penang
chinozie - i already bring my car to the mech for check and they say my CV joint, lower arm no problem. SUSPECT ONLY the bearing problem. maybe the bearing want to K.O already.

zeus83 - i change the CV joint is made from japan but not TOYOTA brand cost rm3++. I already try you step and the sound just like at the center of the rims. only at right side. can it be bearing???zeus83 normally how much for the cost of the each bearing?

now the mech also don't know what to do already......blur........

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since everyone is talking about the price hike, someone posted this on my newsfeed n it is like hotcake on facebook news feed

I found this in facebook, about some super fuel

http://www.facebook.com/RahsiaEnjinPower?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

I want to know? it is legit? safe?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience