wheel or tyre noisy??

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
hei guys..

i'm currently using an 195/55 R15 tyres, and right now i have some problem on it because there's a loud noise came from the tyre on the driver side whenever i run the car on 40km/h until 80km/h. i've already change the wheel bearing and done alignment on it also, and its still noisy.. and for your info, the absorber also 'mati' already at the driver side.. could someone advice me on it, bcoz i already ran of ideas on it now..:hmmmm:

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Need to be sure where the 'sound' coming from - from your description could be anything...tire, absober, mountin, camber. etcetc

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
i'm currently using BFGoodrich tyre(Front Left) and Runway(Front Right).. the thickness of the tyre are about 30-40%.. the rear tires are new ones, both are Dunlop Formula D, just bought it early last month.. for you info, whenever i hitting a bump or pothole on the road and also during cornering, the front right side tyre always hitting the fender plastic cover.. the front wheel bearing, cv joints, and ball joint are change to a new ones.. and another additional info on it, my car is very lower on the right driver side than the left passenger side even there's no load on it..:driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Your front left and front right tires are from different brands. This could be the noise source as different tires have different thread pattern and different compound, which create different kind of noise/noise level.

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
but the other day i went for alignment, they told me that i should change the absober.. if i done the alignment at that time, the tires still noisy on the road.. thats what i've been told to.. should i need to change absober also?:hmmmm:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
hmm, you said your absorber already 'mati' right? I would change it if I were you. Absorber is an important component of the suspension and we better not to compromise on safety. :driver: After changing the absorber see whether still got noise or not..

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
oh... ok, after this i try change the absorber and tires also la.. hopefully this will solve the problem la.. thanks guys for all the advice.. :rock:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help. Recently my honda city 2009 dashboard warning light on very frequently. I sent to Honda service centre to checked. After several checking, they are sure that my car's ECU is ok, no error code appear. But it still happen again when i drive out from the service centre.

The warning light all on when in few situation :
- It happen when i gear in.
- It happen only when gear 1 & 2.
- It wont light on when after reached normal speed.
- It happen when i parking.

And when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience