What's the grippiest tyre?

Oversteer

Sep 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Why not try Dunlop Formula R?

But for Cheap trills, some ppl use Goodyear Eagle RS Sport.

Both also dunno have your size or not...wow, you run 18's on track days...respect

Why not get real track tires like Silverstone FTZ Slick....they also have FTZ Type RR which is even Homologated for road use
Silverstone - High Performance Tyres
Look for competition tires.
Thanks for the tip about Silverstone. Never thought of that. How would the price compare to Toyo R888?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
anyone heard of Kumho XS... over the states this tyre is hugeee...
great reviews also... and cheap..
Yes. I heard it scored the highest ever points (g-force) on the Average Cornering test in the dry by tirerack.com..beating AD08.

Here are some links:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...emes-of-extreme-performance-summer-tires.html

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=118

Kumho Ecsta XS (Extreme Performance Summer): The Ecsta XS (eXtreme Street) is Kumho's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for passionate driving enthusiasts looking to make the most of their vehicle's capabilities in competition, at the track or on the street. The Ecsta XS is designed to deliver Kumho's ultimate level of dry road performance while maintaining wet traction.

only thing i read that was not so good about kumho is it wares out fast.

Enybody heard of Toyo Proxes DRB?
The stickier or grippier a tyre...the faster it ware out

Last edited:

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
yeah yeahh..i saw that review alsoo..
and in the USA most of the high performance using it also..
soo yeahh...
i will update with review as soon as i had them on n tested...

should be good..

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
welll im sure they are better also..
but this tyres are muchhhhh cheaper and about the same level of performance..
im good for it...

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
Toyo Proxes DRB???:hmmmm:
oledi on maket??
yeah i saw one shop in JB selling...he said better then T1R ...
\

Actually, to start with, T1R ain't that grippy anyway. Its an average joe Ultra Performance Tire.

So then comes the DRB, from the feedbacks I get, DRB is only slightly better in the Dry where else T1R is slightly better in the wets...simple as that.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Usually a tyre that is super grippy in the dry usually performs badly in the wet.
That's why in F1, when it rains, they have to change to rain tyres.
thats most concerns the local car enthusiasts, cos most of us oso looking for perform superb on dry, then still works well on wet when street riding... thats why many ppl take the R1R..

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
thats most concerns the local car enthusiasts, cos most of us oso looking for perform superb on dry, then still works well on wet when street riding... thats why many ppl take the R1R..
I do agree R1R is one of the best for that situation, AD07 just doesn't feel right in very wet situations....Infact, its very difficult for me to defend myself in the rain using AD07 against those Kancil, MYVI and Avanza on skinny tires cutting the puddles.

But the Price of R1R is much much more expensive than AD07, and i heard that it doesn't last as long as AD07 either.

I really hope AD08 solves the problems of AD07...but at what price?

Thanks for the tip about Silverstone. Never thought of that. How would the price compare to Toyo R888?
Well, if the FTZRR is not the grippest stuff...I dunno what is...unless its race spec Michelins or Slicks
I dunno the price, but have seen it in the garage sale thread, but best is try contact Silverstone yourself to know more and get more :)
I heard they come in two compounds and sound like a Land Rover tires in all its glory.
Best thing is its road legal

Last edited:

Oversteer

Sep 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I will give Silverstone a buzz next week to get some prices as they seem to have my size judging by the website.

What's the pricing like for Toyo R888 versus Yoko AD07 for the same size?

What about Dunlop Formula R, Yoko A048.... anyone have any experience with these two tyres?

Tks for the replies... valuable feedback always appreciated.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Is this how that Silverstone FTZ look like?

There is no "longkang" at all for it to disperse water quickly. Would be dangerous in the wet.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
R1R is very grip - wet & dry
thread wear off very fast - bout 10,000 to 15,000km depends on driving style.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eloo c-foos,

Thinking of transplanting engines for my waja.
Just need to know which one should be more suitable
Between evo4 or MIVEC 1.8 RS.

2. How much would the half cut costs for both engines.
3. Which is a good workshop for transplanting engines in KL?
4. Any issues to get JPJ endorsement for Evo 4 in Waja?
5. The power for both engines. Which is more beuty in terms of "Fast".

:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience