What Standalone ECU is better?

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Dyno to see your AFR, not your horse. Lower efficient horse will wallop a big horse.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I have one friend with BT stock std,except trumpet and FPR (set at 2.5bar)...AFR is like crazy,super rich like turbo engine,WOT at high rpm in the region of 10++ AFR,why??? My head cannot think anymore.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I have one friend with BT stock std,except trumpet and FPR (set at 2.5bar)...AFR is like crazy,super rich like turbo engine,WOT at high rpm in the region of 10++ AFR,why??? My head cannot think anymore.
Bro, if around 10 AFR, its richer than turbo setup already... hehe
Tried swapping out the ECU? Coz sometimes my ECU also will go crazy, especially when cruising.
After my project is completed, I might visit sifu wong to check out my ECU and prolly restore it.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Bro, if around 10 AFR, its richer than turbo setup already... hehe
Tried swapping out the ECU? Coz sometimes my ECU also will go crazy, especially when cruising.
After my project is completed, I might visit sifu wong to check out my ECU and prolly restore it.
Already did...first he use Auto BT ecu,super rich...when cruising the AFR damn rich around 10++,at first when accelerate its ok,but when the vacuum stabilize back during cruise steady speed,the AFR will be rich.Not sure whether my wideband meter playing tricks with me but this gives me headache...

Then swap to BT 6MT ecu...also same..

Then try another MAP sensor..also same...

Damn cant think anymore...after CNY i will bedah siasat that car...check all the wiring,sensors,vacuums...etc...

Could it be the O2 sensor? But my SVT+BT hybrid also no O2 sensor...never have problem,fuel save too..

ryzzal

Known Member
Jun 24, 2004
i think emanage has a display that sold separately called E-01..anyone can confirm it?
profec e-01 is a boost controller cum emanage display & tuning tool cum boost meter cum rev meter...

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
Betul jugak agaknya,haha

Injector belum check la tapi macam konfem 4age..

Aku rasa ada hantu raya la duduk dalam itu enjin...injector spray minyak,dia minum separuh,separuh masuk enjin...pastu ecu detect lean,kasi tambah lagi minyak...
kancil aku injector evo 530cc lagi dasyat hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's not the device. The standalones you listed out are pretty good already. Unless you have a very special setup in your engine, all of these ECUs will work great as long as the installer+tuner knows what he's doing.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
ECU selection very subjective, depends on your requirement.
There are plenty advance management in the market which is very expensive.
For normal usage (daily, beginner tracking) you probably need something you familiar with.

I choose Haltech as it very software friendly to me.

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Adaptronic all the way, already proven with dyno results, street drivability, drag and track performance in west and east malaysia.

Adaptronic is the best function ecu for it price range.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So we took the newly launched Proton Saga to Ipoh, Perak for a full review. It is Proton's latest, affordable practical and cheap-to-maintain car that is targeted (mainly) to the needs of Malaysian buyers.

For full specifications, read our launch report here. You can also read our first impressions...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience