What MTB to get with a budget of RM1,500

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I see some very nice brain buckets around. What brands are recommended?
There are many brands out there Scott, Bell, Giro, etc... Thing is each manufacturer produces different sizes and shapes. Just get one that suitable your budget, fits well, have sufficient vents for cooling. Don't straight buy, try and check fitting properly. Looks comes with a price...

I have problem finding a good fitting helmet. Both here and when I was in the states last year.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmm yeah I think getting a right fit is the most important criteria. Can't wait to survey more shops. Don't know got any bike shops at Negeri Sembilan. Will be there for a few days.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There are many brands out there Scott, Bell, Giro, etc... Thing is each manufacturer produces different sizes and shapes. Just get one that suitable your budget, fits well, have sufficient vents for cooling. Don't straight buy, try and check fitting properly. Looks comes with a price...

I have problem finding a good fitting helmet. Both here and when I was in the states last year.
You find until overseas also. But in overseas you have to find like kid size.....

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Just spotted a bike shop at senawang. Closed today. Want to check it out tomorrow.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You find until overseas also. But in overseas you have to find like kid size.....
No size difference between overseas and here. Between manufacturers yes even when there is a sizing S, M, L. Some manufacturers product longer helmets, some wider, some more head room, etc. Need to find the right fit. Can compensate a little with the sponge padding in the helmet.

Oh yeah, usually the helmet is rated to last a couple of years. If you ever knock the helmet somewhere (fall, etc) need to replace for safety.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Eohl, I went to senawang bike shop just now. Go look see look see and the friendly owner said the mongoose salvo comp is not too bad. It's a full suspension. What is your take on that? Is it a good buy?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My cheapo bike....

My daughter's bike

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Cheapo paddle that came with the bike. My kids actually broke quite a few.....

Then fitted Shimano ones, lasted quite a few years already, did not break even one....ha! ha!

My son's weight even broke the gear, so change to Shimano one also and use many years already.
If buy cheapo ones, don't know need to change how many??
He never take care, change also rusty liao.....:bawling: