What is the different between 1.8 gearbox and 1.5 gearbox

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
All sifu,

Can anyone tell me wat is the different of 1.8cc gearbox wit 1.5cc gearbox. Currently I driving Wira GSR na but wit 1.5cc gearbox. Wat I feel is the fuel consumption abit high compare wit my frens. Does the gearbox effect the FC of the car. Wat can I do beside change gearbox.

Thks

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Last time I heard from a friend that lower cc engine gearboxes are geared with higher ratios to suite the lower power. So if you use bigger cc engine with a lower cc gearbox, acceleration will be superior but fc will suffer due to a higher final drive. But I'm not sure for mitsu 4G93 and 4G91. But for 4G92 and 4G13, it is that way. Because I thought of doing this project last time. So did some research.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
yup u might be right coz pick up might be very good. when i driving at the speed of 100km my rpm owill b around 3.5k. So do u think i need to change my gearbox back to 1.8

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... That is personal choice. Some people want to gear their car fr acceleration and they do not do much high speed cruising. So they set up like this. Some do more high speed cruising, is fc conscious, and prefer quiter, stress free ride. So they change.

For me, personally, I will change. I hate high fc and a loud cruising. I can give up that little bit of acceleration for better fc and cruising in return. Furthermore, the 1.8 with 1.8 gb isn't underpowered at all. The acceleration is quite good already.

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
std 1.3 gb cable. what is your condition 1.8 is that 222 gb ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wsonny... ultra long ratio.. 3 speed... auto. LOL Funny thing is I get super good FC. 15km/L on a good day and 13km/L normally.

No point swapping. But if you're looking to sell it, let me know.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
ok if i can find a good dear for 1.8gb then i let u guys know i selling my gb.

Or any advice if i can change my final gear ratio

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience