::What is comfy other than Eibach?::

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Lol. Expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer???? how sure???101% sure ??? its not 100% guaranteed that the expensive stuffs will give you better comfort than cheaper ones or will last a lifetime.....nothing is guaranteed
eibach is TUV tested...

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Of course not all expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer lah, but there are certainly some brands which perform better but cost more. It's all subjective.

And of course there are cheaper brands which will give you more comfort (again, subjective) than more expensive brands.

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
strange..... today i went to change my brake pads, so i asked the mechanic uncle bout the symtoms of a faulty suspension... first, he asked me to look if there is any oil leaking out from my absorber... so i checked, but my absorbers were very dry... then, he tried to compress the abs through pushing down the chassis several times.... he said nothin is wrong... he made me feel like my abs are very healthy.... arrgghh...... then how come my front gap is 5 fingers when my rear gap is only 2 fingers?... :banghead: ...
i think even if i put lowered springs, my car wont achieve balance..... sob...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
strange..... today i went to change my brake pads, so i asked the mechanic uncle bout the symtoms of a faulty suspension... first, he asked me to look if there is any oil leaking out from my absorber... so i checked, but my absorbers were very dry... then, he tried to compress the abs through pushing down the chassis several times.... he said nothin is wrong... he made me feel like my abs are very healthy.... arrgghh...... then how come my front gap is 5 fingers when my rear gap is only 2 fingers?... :banghead: ...
i think even if i put lowered springs, my car wont achieve balance..... sob...
what absorber are u using??... if gas-charged, of coz no oil loh....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Of course not all expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer lah, but there are certainly some brands which perform better but cost more. It's all subjective.

And of course there are cheaper brands which will give you more comfort (again, subjective) than more expensive brands.
this i agree

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
what absorber are u using??... if gas-charged, of coz no oil loh....
correct me if i'm wrong sifo but gas charge abs also got oil inside.
tec_shockabsorbers_08.jpg
this is twin tube design that we comonly encounter at spare parts shop.
tec_shockabsorbers_12.jpg
in this pic,it's a mono tube.above the dividing piston is oil while the lower part
is gas.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
how bout GAB? izit ok? cause i heard many testimony that GAB is good...
but price...hehe it will burn a hole in ur wallet...

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
all shocks has got oil, and its a good way of telling when the abs are no good when u see oil stains around the abs

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
SkYwAlKeR and civic EdGe, I think I have the contact number of Mr. Rosli, the owner of Rosli Smart Suspension. So, I post here ok. This is not an advertisement, just to help our friend to contact this person. Please don't ban me. :rolleyes: The contact number is: 0192309961.

The price range are:

Refill oil of one absorber: RM50
Cut 2 spring infront: RM50

You must bring your OEM spring and shock absorber. Only oil-filled absorber can be customized by Mr. Rosli. Gas charged oil-filled absorbers cannot be done by him. Make sure your absorbers are in good condition. I think the theory for his customization is something like 'to compensate the new cut spring rate with a suitable absorber's oil rate.' From the internet forums, most of his customers gave positive reviews.

I have the address and the map also, but maybe latter. I'm also considering to customize my springs and absorbers there.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
how can GAB be expensive?
It's pretty much a local brand, i'd say, and comparatively, there are several more expensive makes out there.

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
sifoo skywalker-
mine are stock absorbers.... and i think if i have not mistaken they are 14 yrs old de.....:biggrin:

boggysv-
last time i did have lots of rubbish in my trunk... but now after clearing them out, i still cant see any difference on the ride height....
confused between abs and springs? u mean i have mistaken between these two definations? or u mean the ride height of my car is determined by the springs itself only?:hmmmm:

hmm.. i think i already have some base idea in my mind....
that is to change to lowered springs first... if still cannot obtain balance, change to short stroke abs.... if still cannot, then...............
have to get use to my current motorboat-style-ride height loh........:driver:
...wat to do, no money to change car...:boring:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
correct me if i'm wrong sifo but gas charge abs also got oil inside.
View attachment 126518
this is twin tube design that we comonly encounter at spare parts shop.
View attachment 126519
in this pic,it's a mono tube.above the dividing piston is oil while the lower part
is gas.
soli boss... my pakai hantam plan failed....:adore:

how can GAB be expensive?
It's pretty much a local brand, i'd say, and comparatively, there are several more expensive makes out there.
because they have the so-called AVCS thing.... active valve control system...

sifoo skywalker-
mine are stock absorbers.... and i think if i have not mistaken they are 14 yrs old de.....:biggrin:

hmm.. i think i already have some base idea in my mind....
that is to change to lowered springs first... if still cannot obtain balance, change to short stroke abs.... if still cannot, then...............
have to get use to my current motorboat-style-ride height loh........:driver:
...wat to do, no money to change car...:boring:
14 yrs old and have yet to change ur absorbers??...:adore:

jz a reminder, when u start to lower ur car height, ur comfort will surely compromise... to obtain the balance is depending on each individual...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

needed help...
im drivind a kenari and wanna know how much is tanabe sping will cost include install... where is the shop... thanks 4 ur help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience