::What is comfy other than Eibach?::

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Hi All Sifuz of suspension and lowered rides,

im driving a honda civic eg with 17 inch rims, and now i "think" that my suspension kong de..
coz rear is 2 fingers gap, but my front is around 5fingers.....
and my rear feels a lot stiffer than the front
thanks to that my ride now very special and looks like motorboat..:mad:
so, now the idea i currently have is:
1. change to ori absorbers + lowered springs
2. change to short stroke abs + lowered springs

Which option is better? and what abs or springs should i go for?
my priority is like.........
60%-lowered look and 40%-comfort...
pls recommend me something other than koni+eibach coz my wallet is not thick enough
for dat.........
Thanks for helping this newbie...:burnout:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
budgeted suspension modders might wanna look into RS suspension... tuned locally by experts.... customization wise, to those who did it, i havent heard any complaints... but for those who havent try it before, many does not dare to do it...

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
My sifoo.. :adore:
Heard that Eibach spring better especially in lowering car... Is that true..? German stuff is it..??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
My sifoo.. :adore:
Heard that Eibach spring better especially in lowering car... Is that true..? German stuff is it..??
thats what they said lah... i got no money to try... they say eibach springs lowers ur car... but yet it matches well with ur oem absorbers, so it doesnt gets bumpy so much....

ryucky81

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
johore
hi all sifu, recently my fren bought subaru impreza 1.6, he wanna lower his car cos front really gt big gap, rear still ok about 2-3 finger. now on 215/45/17 rims.

does eibach springs will do the tricks, or nd to change to adjustable sport suspension n springs? if yes pls recommend brand n price.

thanks and regards

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi All Sifuz of suspension and lowered rides,

im driving a honda civic eg with 17 inch rims, and now i "think" that my suspension kong de..
coz rear is 2 fingers gap, but my front is around 5fingers.....
and my rear feels a lot stiffer than the front
thanks to that my ride now very special and looks like motorboat..:mad:
so, now the idea i currently have is:
1. change to ori absorbers + lowered springs
2. change to short stroke abs + lowered springs

Which option is better? and what abs or springs should i go for?
my priority is like.........
60%-lowered look and 40%-comfort...
pls recommend me something other than koni+eibach coz my wallet is not thick enough
for dat.........
Thanks for helping this newbie...:burnout:
go for the 2nd.try tein sport spring.cheaper then eibach.made in japan.comfort
too.

hi all sifu, recently my fren bought subaru impreza 1.6, he wanna lower his car cos front really gt big gap, rear still ok about 2-3 finger. now on 215/45/17 rims.

does eibach springs will do the tricks, or nd to change to adjustable sport suspension n springs? if yes pls recommend brand n price.

thanks and regards
avoid buying those spring that especially made for 2.0.it wont suit ur car as
the spring is hard to accommodate the big engine.i don't think it's ez to look
for sport spring for ur car but u can try n ask around for it.

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
skywalker-
yup yup... thats wat they all mechs said........
"u want comfort, go for eibach.... german brand.. onli harder than ori spring little bit"... but after knowing the price, haihz....... RS springs? nvr heard b4..
where can i find them?

GT Auto-
thought about tein springs too.... but tein alon also has lots of models rite?
heard that the tein s-tech springs are designed for comfort...
but wat absorbers should i pair them to?

Thankx to all for helping....:beer:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
skywalker-
yup yup... thats wat they all mechs said........
"u want comfort, go for eibach.... german brand.. onli harder than ori spring little bit"... but after knowing the price, haihz....... RS springs? nvr heard b4..
where can i find them?
not RS springs lah... RS (rosli smart) suspension... jz bring ur standard suspension to the mechanic and he will modify ur suspension.. means cutting ur springs and refilling ur absorber with higher density oil... price is reasonable for budget modders, around rm350-rm400 for full set... fully customized for ur preference (he will interview u first of what settings u like)...

yes, many think it as a taboo for cutting ur standard springs... in fact, i'm also against it... but if ur chopped springs is compensated with re-oilled stiffer absorbers, den its ok... because the lost/ruined spring rate is compensated by a stiffer/modded absorber.... reliability issue, i'm doubtful as well since it involves drilling ur absorber... but so far, reviews from some users said after using for 2 years plus still doing fine, no leaks...

so, its ur choice la... i'm not 100% supporting RS suspension... but if ur standard absorbers are dead and ur budget limited, why not give it a try...

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
i know that modifying the stock suspension will be the cheapest solution available......but, one thing that im concerned is...... there are alot of RS workshops rite? eg ramli smart, rocky suspension, rajasingam spring-cut etc etc..(just for example purposes ONLY..:embarassed: ).... and i still havent heard of any reputable shop in penang that does this.... secondly, im yet to confirm that i wont be afraid to drive my car after the suspension "surgery" is done.....
anyway, thanks to all sifu sifu that willingly helped me...
cheers...:burnout:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i know that modifying the stock suspension will be the cheapest solution available......but, one thing that im concerned is...... there are alot of RS workshops rite? eg ramli smart, rocky suspension, rajasingam spring-cut etc etc..(just for example purposes ONLY..:embarassed: ).... and i still havent heard of any reputable shop in penang that does this.... secondly, im yet to confirm that i wont be afraid to drive my car after the suspension "surgery" is done.....
so far, the one recommended by many is in seremban... called rosli smart suspension... i dun have the contact number though, but if u want can try get for u...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
that a good 1 bro....hahahaha:laugh:

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
so far, the one recommended by many is in seremban... called rosli smart suspension... i dun have the contact number though, but if u want can try get for u...
That's very kind bro... Upss..!! My Sifoo..... :adore:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
maybe try & c if can gt a brand called "max speed".............its really cheap but its not as hard as the more expensive brands......im using 4 my wira but i donno if they gt for civics or not

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i here tat n got c it the member here of nickname by (GTR2579)
got sell the engine 4G91 1.5 TWIN CAM,but is carburetor?????
who here got c before?? is it same power of fuel injection??
which 1 better? coz my car is satria 1.3 carb,hear tat say no need much thing coz there also carburetor,only change engine n jpj register tat all,so wats ue answer is???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience