::What is comfy other than Eibach?::

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
SkyWalker-
wa... really a sifoo in disguise...... got apprentice summore....
can i be your apprentice too?:biggrin: ..

simon-
so far the brands that i came across here is tein, tanabe, GAB, eibach,
hotbits, etc etc.... never came across maxspeed before, but will scout around for more options and comments.....

ae101rulez-
titan? dun la bro, u want to see me makan roti and kopi for months ar....:embarassed: .....
btw, what happened to your car? the word rally made me imagined that your car fly over the bump then perform a powerslide...:biggrin:

GT Auto-
im also curious about originality.... if the price offered is too good to be true,
then we will know that there is a probability that its fake..
but wht if the price is just nice?... unless the logo stated there is not TEIN, but TIEN ("sky" in chinese, so its CHINA BRAND...:rofl: ), its hard for us to determine whether its original or not rite?:hmmmm:

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
bro civic,
RS type ive used before (for many years). the dam thing is so tahan lasak. comfort wise, ok lar. Pls note that as soon as u lower ur car, it will never be comfy...never is the word & no matter if you install a RM5k system in ur ride.
coilovers are the worst for comfort. for cornering and spirited driving, then its ok. town driving, tell u wat...u'll be visiting the chiropractor soon
eibach and koni i also use before. the best combi i've tried. unfortunately, the koni isn't very lasting (for 1 reason or another)
now, i jst cut 1 loop of my ori springs and pair it with kyb gas shocks. so far so good, 2 years down the road and no leakage on the abs. however, cornering is severely compromised...and pls dont think you can pek corner, coz you cant !!!! comfort wise...ok. best thing is...its the best bang for your money.
so, if money is your predominant factor, then jst chop 1 loop ori springs and drive conservatively. try it, and if you don't like it...well, the money is only wasted on doing alignment (approx RM40 max).

cheers !

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
SkyWalker-

GT Auto-
im also curious about originality.... if the price offered is too good to be true,
then we will know that there is a probability that its fake..
but wht if the price is just nice?... unless the logo stated there is not TEIN, but TIEN ("sky" in chinese, so its CHINA BRAND...:rofl: ), its hard for us to determine whether its original or not rite?:hmmmm:
yup....true...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Yes bro.. Thanks
okok.... gimme some time i help u ask around...:itsme:

Rosli smart suspension is not really recommendedle...try to get reputabe or maybe try TiTan....i using Rocky Smart suspension n thanks to them, no only my car wobbles in up n down the bump but if you drive to fast over bump, better get ready for some rally activity...hahaha:biggrin: :biggrin:
taikor, how to compare a rm400 thing to rm2.8k thing...:hmmmm:

SkyWalker-
wa... really a sifoo in disguise...... got apprentice summore....
can i be your apprentice too?:biggrin: ..
u can be my sifoo also if u want...:adore:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
simon-
so far the brands that i came across here is tein, tanabe, GAB, eibach,
hotbits, etc etc.... never came across maxspeed before, but will scout around for more options and comments.....
yep i too have never come across maxspeed in any shops in my place...only one shop had it & the box never carried any info abt place/address of manufacturer & my friends were joking tht i bought the most 'cheaplak' spring in the market (rm120 a set) but now when they test my car they say the feel is 'almost' same as a standard ride eventhough my tyres re 45 series...somethimes cheap stuff works lah....not all the time

Last edited:

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Lol. Cheap stuff works, but for how long? In the long run, it might be more worth it get a RM500+ springs which last longer and give you better comfort rather than changing a cheap set over and over again.

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Lol. Cheap stuff works, but for how long? In the long run, it might be more worth it get a RM500+ springs which last longer and give you better comfort rather than changing a cheap set over and over again.
Lol. Expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer???? how sure???101% sure ??? its not 100% guaranteed that the expensive stuffs will give you better comfort than cheaper ones or will last a lifetime.....nothing is guaranteed

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Lol. Expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer???? how sure???101% sure ??? its not 100% guaranteed that the expensive stuffs will give you better comfort than cheaper ones or will last a lifetime.....nothing is guaranteed
eibach is TUV tested...

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Of course not all expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer lah, but there are certainly some brands which perform better but cost more. It's all subjective.

And of course there are cheaper brands which will give you more comfort (again, subjective) than more expensive brands.

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
strange..... today i went to change my brake pads, so i asked the mechanic uncle bout the symtoms of a faulty suspension... first, he asked me to look if there is any oil leaking out from my absorber... so i checked, but my absorbers were very dry... then, he tried to compress the abs through pushing down the chassis several times.... he said nothin is wrong... he made me feel like my abs are very healthy.... arrgghh...... then how come my front gap is 5 fingers when my rear gap is only 2 fingers?... :banghead: ...
i think even if i put lowered springs, my car wont achieve balance..... sob...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
strange..... today i went to change my brake pads, so i asked the mechanic uncle bout the symtoms of a faulty suspension... first, he asked me to look if there is any oil leaking out from my absorber... so i checked, but my absorbers were very dry... then, he tried to compress the abs through pushing down the chassis several times.... he said nothin is wrong... he made me feel like my abs are very healthy.... arrgghh...... then how come my front gap is 5 fingers when my rear gap is only 2 fingers?... :banghead: ...
i think even if i put lowered springs, my car wont achieve balance..... sob...
what absorber are u using??... if gas-charged, of coz no oil loh....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Of course not all expensive stuff guaranteed to last longer lah, but there are certainly some brands which perform better but cost more. It's all subjective.

And of course there are cheaper brands which will give you more comfort (again, subjective) than more expensive brands.
this i agree

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
what absorber are u using??... if gas-charged, of coz no oil loh....
correct me if i'm wrong sifo but gas charge abs also got oil inside.
tec_shockabsorbers_08.jpg
this is twin tube design that we comonly encounter at spare parts shop.
tec_shockabsorbers_12.jpg
in this pic,it's a mono tube.above the dividing piston is oil while the lower part
is gas.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
how bout GAB? izit ok? cause i heard many testimony that GAB is good...
but price...hehe it will burn a hole in ur wallet...

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
all shocks has got oil, and its a good way of telling when the abs are no good when u see oil stains around the abs

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience