What car would you get for RM 3k a month?

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Hello to my fellow ZTH brothers. Referring to the topic, I would just like your suggestions in what car would you consider getting if given that amount of dosh per month for installment. My personal preferences are brand new continental cars and I do not wish to import any reconditioned Japanese cars. And also I am opting not to go for MT this time as you know the condition of the traffic in KL/PJ these days are pretty fucked up as I have a hard time everyday with my GTi LOL. Thank you for your time and your replies will be very much appreciated.

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
3 k? ur salary 3k per month or u are willling to pay 3 k per month for installment?

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
owh..ok./ha..ha.. wow tats a lot..

Last edited by a moderator:

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
3k for a continental car ar.... not much of a choice here lar... hahahaa... got for the Naza Bestari man... that is the cheapest continental car as of now...

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
3k a month is a lot, i think golf gti also can. if not golf 1.6 enough la. hahaha

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Down payment how much? RM3k/month for how many years? If minimum d/p and loan for 9 years, easily can get new C200 or A4 TFSI. If want 3-5 years loan, then A class or 156 Selespeed.

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
oops... i read wrongly... hehehe.. i tot i say 3k for the downpayments... hahaha.... wah.. 3k on installment ar... that is good shitz... u can take up to about 120k in loan... break into 5 years.... at 3k a month lor... so end of the day.. is how much u willing to spend in total... including ur downpayments

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Down payment how much? RM3k/month for how many years? If minimum d/p and loan for 9 years, easily can get new C200 or A4 TFSI. If want 3-5 years loan, then A class or 156 Selespeed.

oops... i read wrongly... hehehe.. i tot i say 3k for the downpayments... hahaha.... wah.. 3k on installment ar... that is good shitz... u can take up to about 120k in loan... break into 5 years.... at 3k a month lor... so end of the day.. is how much u willing to spend in total... including ur downpayments
Thanks for the suggestions and the replies guys. Actually I am pretty clueless regarding the loan and stuff as my dad is funding me cos im still studying. All he said was that he will pay RM 3k per month just on the installments. Anyway im looking at cars which have a good top end speed, has to be able to go beyond 220 km/h

predator_mania

Mar 7, 2006
wow..@@ ur dad willing to pay 3k for ur installment?that's pretty cool...imported continental cars?get BMW...BENZ like not so suitable...just my opinion..

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Bro... since u are still studying ar... do not go so far lar as to drive a continental car lar... get urself familiarise with owning a car first lar... doesn't mean ur dad offer u so much.. u must spend that much wan... get yourself a good Japanese car first... then learn all the things there is with this experience.. coz even if u do make a mistake... the cost is gonna bomb on your dad much lower than if u get a continental car lar... I suggest... why not go for a Honda Civic... its fast.. can hit up to 200 km/h.... if u wanna get a faster car... go for a Fairlady lor... different cars have different cost and problems lar... continental and Japanese both... but i suggest u learn with a cheaper car lar... and easier to modify and maintain car... since u are still young... can u imagine next time when u have to buy your own car and not be financed by your dad... u will find that ur new job will not be sufficient enough to pay that high a figure for installments... then u have to demote yourself from a continental car to a Japanese car( yes... some people will view it as demotion lar.. but its really up to individual..) anyways... thats is just my opinion lar.. hahaha.. its still up to you lar..

Last edited:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
agreed with lil_piggy2 suggestion. Civic FD Type-R should fit your heavy foot and summore attract lotsa chicks and china dolls hihihi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna know if anyone had done it on Proton, be it 1.3/1.5/1.6/1.8. Kindly share ur experiences in terms of :

1. What components u used
2. Installation experience
3. Tuning, do u use stock ECU or piggyback or programmable ECU
4. How the car behaves? eg Bad idle? High fuel consumption? No pickup? etc etc

Just asking coz I'm looking onto doing it on my 4G1x engine in future. Thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience