what car does waja design come from...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

wirawarier

Jan 27, 2005
i've once read that .. it is an article from ukcar magazine .. forgot whats the name .. but a reputable mag name in uk la .. gen 2 is a car rejected project by vauxhaul company .. and .. the review is so damn bad .. i got the article in the mail many months back .

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Waja = butt ugly
Gen2 = beyond fugly

Add poor quality components + shoddy workmanship = cheap n crap looking cars.

Proton will never beat the Koreans. In fact, Naza is slowly killing them / eating into their local car market with their latest offering of Ria and Citra (rebadged Kia). Hell... even Perodua is catching up and has improved a lot when compared to Proton.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
what waja comes from or source/base from is somewhat inmaterial.

Old habits seemed to have taken root.

What bad habit is that proton learned from the "M" venture is that they also learn to ; conceal/not report/dont' repair, faulty parts and pass of as "good enough" for malaysian public.

It took over 10 years for someone to "discover" bad practices at "M" in japan but over here, it's washed down the drain.

my bad...... :(

spank me

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
Waja floorpan taken from Volvo S40 :)

Regards;

ISWARA GT-R

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
8th Miles 53100
Originally posted by 4agze@Mar 9 2005, 19:18
i saw a magazine before and there's one Mitsubishi it is lookalike (90% - exterior) to WAJA... but it was written there it will be launched around 2004-2005 (forgotten)...

and from there, i know WAJA is NOT designed by Malaysian
I'll say they copy waja instead
coz waja was launched 5 years earlier :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

cifex

Oct 11, 2004
SELAYANG
Visit site
Originally posted by drifterzzz@Mar 11 2005, 16:27
4 me i think waja go to this model its a VOLKSWAGEN JETTA here the prove look like ler

front grill look alike alfa romeo 156

POSTIA

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
PENANG
Visit site
although im part of d malaysian creative industry....but sorry to say....our country design arena still below d level....from our fashion industry to automotive design...
*sigh*...not to say all...but.....*sigh*

wondering are those designer born wif bad taste @ weird design sense...or mayb they were forced 2 come out wif tis kind of dsign 2 meet certain ppl's need? but then our country's educational, communication n infra system are much advance than som other country... *sigh*

proton12vauto

Known Member
Aug 9, 2004
Kepong
www.cqtech.com.my
Well... this is my opinion. No matter how bad word our proton cars quality or design, we sitll have to proud that we the only country in SEA that manufacturing.design our very own car. Be nasionalis by supporting our country cars even you are using foreign cars.

Just my 2 kupangs. I'm still using proton saga megavalve auto

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by proton12vauto@Mar 14 2005, 11:08
Well... this is my opinion. No matter how bad word our proton cars quality or design, we sitll have to proud that we the only country in SEA that manufacturing.design our very own car. Be nasionalis by supporting our country cars even you are using foreign cars.

Just my 2 kupangs. I'm still using proton saga megavalve auto
Well, are you saying that we should be proud of our national car company that needs to protection form the G to survive?

Are you saying that we should be proud of our inferior imitation of cars which are technology wise, 2decades old?

Are you saying that we should be proud of the campro badge, and not the engine?

Well, at least I'm proud of the proton saga, but subsequent models were sheer disappointments.

Sorry if anyone feels offended, but as a paying customer, I expect value for money, which our national car company is not delivering.

proton12vauto

Known Member
Aug 9, 2004
Kepong
www.cqtech.com.my
Yes I agree with you. But how Japan & Korean up lift their car production to the world?

1. Governmet policies
2. Working altitude
3. War
4. Nasionalisme
5. You name it cause alot

That's why I still using Proton Saga Megavalve even it's 14 yrs old. Still ok and steady

lostdesigner

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by POSTIA@Mar 14 2005, 02:06
although im part of d malaysian creative industry....but sorry to say....our country design arena still below d level....from our fashion industry to automotive design...
*sigh*...not to say all...but.....*sigh*

wondering are those designer born wif bad taste @ weird design sense...or mayb they were forced 2 come out wif tis kind of dsign 2 meet certain ppl's need? but then our country's educational, communication n infra system are much advance than som other country... *sigh*
as an interior designer myself... i cant really design a certain type of interior all by myself with my design.. have to follow the CLIENT need.. sometimes their demand are a bit rediciulous i might say... and my boss have to follow their needs just because they paid us to do so... so actually we design things that are not totally to our liking.. yet we have to live with it... coz me myself as a designer i cant say much coz thats my way of earning my salary... have to follow my CLIENT crappy design eventhough they want their houses to look like a kindergarten... so this applied to all the designer in malaysia.. not that they cant design well... but they have to follow their bosses and their client needs and liking.. so this will end up their design will look like crap and not alot of function... so like proton.. hmmm.. what i can say is... their client is not us- the malaysian citizen, but the politician who are looking for some "extra" money and also thier corporate client who more interested in money then the function and design of the car... thats why we end up with waja and gen2 and also the ma"campro"... last but not least is what i can say about proton is.. they build this car to help our country financially... and actually for malaysian to enjoy... thats all...

dope_test

Apr 7, 2005
soon or later we have to come out with our own design. so, Waja is a good first step. but why proton dont have wira 1, wira 2, wira 3 or waja 1, 2 ,3 or whatever. why every model came out with totally new name?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
he he .. they dunno how give name.. cause they let their models flirt around wif another model .. end-up gave birth onekind model which doesnt know the father / mother ;) ekekekek .. tats y different model ;)

WIRA SEDAN = WIRA
WIRA COUPE = PUTRA
WIRA HATCHBACK = SATRIA

others all mixed oledi ..

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
lostdesigner.. i totally agree with u .. the 3 months of patient i gone tru during my internship working in a company.. they alwiz come up with rediculous idea and alwiz kenot make up their mind.. once minute the supervisor said the website have to be like this .. then i say, why not make it like this ? then he said, no no i want it this way .. then okay i do it his way.. then boss check .. bugger say no no no he wanna do it the way i was suggesting ealier on.. wasting ppl time only ..

aihh after read 3 pages of post and evidence that some of our forummer here found... can make a statement that last time proton copy japanese car now they copy european car..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
ha ha talk about decisions...

do you know before waja was launched back in year 2000, the design team came up with 6 designs of wheels. and you know what? the board of directors had difficulties choosing which design to go.

in the end...they asked Dr.M and he chosed...the 7 spoke ones! ha ha ha the directors had to agree laa...all yes man!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
been thinking of getting myself a new rubber... 1 workshop recommended me this Pirelli P6, me quite impress oso but need advise frm u all b4 i take it... anyway, oso need to know the price... just for comparison... btw, am thinking of getting 215/60/16

TQ guys.

p.s., any other suggestion for my new rubber is oso welcome, my preference is more towards performance but still need comfort
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience