waja 4g18 manual trans - high lidle speed

sin910

Jul 9, 2010
Malacca
Hi Guys,
I'm using a manual trans 4g18 waja.
Recently, i found out there the idling speed of my engine is abt 1.2k rpm when a/c is off, but it drop till 900 rpm when i swtich on a/c.
I've try to tighten the idle screw on the throttle body till fully closed.
But there was no different.
The rpm will goes up when i loosen the idle screw. But the rpm will maintain at 1.2k rpm when the screw is fully tighten.
Hope all sifus can help.
TQ:bawling:

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
hi..i've experienced this before as well...but in my case,its my mounting..i change all 4 engine mountings,then my rpm stays idle with not running up and down too much..

u could also try and retune at PSC(proton service centre)

vogelspinnen

From Facebook
Mar 8, 2010
Since RPM drops when A/C is switched on, most prob is a ISC motor problem. It seems to be quite a common wear and tear prob for 4G18 leh. Try borrowing the motor from a friend, its a black thingy attached using 3 screws at the side of your throttle body, see if it solves the problem.

holydevil

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2008
hi bro! I think what u can do is , to check your Throttle Body . There is a stepper motor/TPS/black thingie with 3 screw as other sifu mention on it . The stepper motor might already spoil might as well go borrow from your friend to confirm that is the problem.

the last time i order from proton , cost me almost rm900+.
but i believe nowadays alot cheaper than previous year.

if that is not the problem , u need use the DTC (diagnostic tool code)
to clear all the problem via OBD2 cable there.

hope this works

- www.team-imperials.com (T.I HolyDevil Waja Owners- Borneo Leader)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hw can i make my extra car headunit to work in my room?

i got 1 extra HU after i change my original Wira HU with Sony player. i saw some computer shop or car accessory shop can play music or radio outside the car.
i wonder hw i can make it so?

do i need a voltage converter? or a car batt? pc power supply 2 on the HU or....? pls help me~ :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience