Bad Idling with Waja BOT

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Hi all brother and sifu,

i have seen alot of thread discussing about bad idling with turbo car, but since mine is BOT, it might be harder to trace what is the exact problem. Since i got my turbo kit from zth forumer, the car was running fine until bad idling happened. it was found that my car coil was burnt when my car was hard to start. Recently my car bad idling happend again, i went to my foreman and he added a additional stepper motor (FICD) to compensate the bad idling. But the problem doesnt seems getting better.

If in the case of Bolt On Turbo, what is the most possibility of causing bad idling? and everytime when i start my engine, i must press the throttle pedal in order to make it start.

1) Alot ppl said waja throttle body's stepper motor (FICD) is weak, but my foreman already added an additional FICD which will activate when i on the aircond. Does it really help?

2) Some people said might be the throttle body get dirty, but my foreman cheked and he said it is very clean. COuld it be the throttle body sensor spoilt? what is the symthom if the sensor spoilt?

3)Could it be the extra injector giving extra petrol which causing it bad idling? But after i had changed my original injector, throw away the extra injector then replaced with GSR injector, the problem is still persist.

4)could it be bad tuning? or the piggy back cannot control (have limitation to control) the petrol precisely when the car is idling? in this case, the standalone can help?

5)after all, my foreman said is the intercooler have air restriction which cause the air cannot go into combustion chamber evenly during idling. FYI, my I/C is from VR4, and i think its kinda not logic because all the way my I/C was working fine, takkan it will tiba-tiba tersumbat without any reason?

6) could it be piping leaking? either air intake piping or exhaust piping??

All sifu, if you have experience similar case like mine please do assist me. My car is for daily drive and bad idling is really a nightmare especially you are in the traffic jam. the engine always tiba tiba mati at the middle of the traffic.

[youtube]zmRxAqHdVRo[/youtube]

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
try n change ur t/b with ur fellow friend who drive waja.at least u can eliminated
the posibility of ur t/b being k.o if u use it n the problem still persist.t/b sensor
also can cause the same problem.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
thanks for your feedback GT_AUTO.

to change the T/B will take alot of job or not? i afraid my friend not willing to change with me if it takes too long job. from your explanation, does it mean that my problem is actually only caused by T/B or the sensor? i can eliminate others posibility of causing it bad idling...

heavyfoot

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
If you need waja tb or any 4g18 parts please let me know... tq. Hope your prob fix.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
thanks for your feedback GT_AUTO.

to change the T/B will take alot of job or not? i afraid my friend not willing to change with me if it takes too long job. from your explanation, does it mean that my problem is actually only caused by T/B or the sensor? i can eliminate others posibility of causing it bad idling...
it wont take long lar.about ur question,probably the hectic idling cause by ur
t/b but i'm not sure.usually the t/b is the culprit when it comes to hectic idling.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
2)Just clean watever sensor you have....

3)Extra injectors aren't used in idling, very less likely the problem....

4)It doesn't matter wat you use, bad tuning and wrong fuel pressure can your engine hard to start.....

5)I think you need to find a new mechanic, he's bullshitting you..... Is your intercooler really in bad shape??

6) even there's a piping leakage, it doesn't casue bad idling.....

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
thanks all for the feedback.

GT_auto, probably i will find a 2nd hand throttlebody to test out. wondering if mivec or GSR terbalik throttlebody can fit to my engine or not :P

Lennon, i was doubt with his explanation on the I/C, that's why i put discussion here to further verify the problem. your opinion on bad idling is caused by the tuning or any other reason? u can see the video i uploaded here. i doesn't press pedal, the RPM needle just go up and down up and down :(

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
POsible Idle air valve is week too,

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Since your car have been running well until recently, i would say one or two of your sensors are damaged or dirty..... Usingg aftermarket fuel pump or regulator??

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
i am using walbro fuel pump, no regulator. what kind of sensor will be affected?

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
i am using walbro fuel pump, no regulator. what kind of sensor will be affected?
u using walbro fuel pump will no affect aythoing, but fuel will be inject much more then before therefore rich mixture also........

this problem mostly, map sensor not in good condition or throttle bosy sensor is fault, like TPS fail wil couse raise down rpm also or engine sudden die,...........idle air valve too.......bad idle, sudden too low rpm also......

ignition timing at what degree now > it's normal degree, 10 ?......proton maybe is 10 degree while idle engine..........so waja not sure to.......

another point is, original car have a air hos suck in the pcv smoke, tat is a point too.......so idle air valve no need work too much.....therefore another tube at valve cover is suck clean air in...........so cycle the air and smoke in valve cover.....

sorry bad explain

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Ahren, did you change your walbro b4 or after tuning?? You gotta check the fuel pump is it supplied with 12V..... Like Jack said, adding fuel pump without adjustable fuel regulator can cost your car to act like this...

Last edited:

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
i change my walbro fuel pump before tuning. the fuel is controlled by power commander (dynojet product), on the other hand, emanage is controlling the MAP sensor.

actually i not really understand what jack_hon say. do you mean the bad idling is caused by

1)t/b sensor faulty
2)map sensor faulty
3)TPS failed (what is that?)
4)idling air valve (is that FICD?)
5)air hos suck in the pcv smoke, tat is a point too.......so idle air valve no need work too much.....therefore another tube at valve cover is suck clean air in (???)

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
btw, is there any tools to diagnose whether T/B or MAP sensor is faulty? i afraid even after i change for both also no result :(

and also if want to clean the sensor, is it using chemical to wash it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi

i thinking of changing my brakepad to better one...
(front disc rear drum)

so.. any reccomendation?
what is the price range?

i wan to change front together with rear
and padd them in.. so it become balance..

appreciate your opinions..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience