Bad Idling with Waja BOT

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
do not swap all at same time... hard to detech which part is prob... try swap t/b first... if prob still not solve.. than try swap with other parts.. remember swap part by part & monitor yr engine.. other part need to swap such as cable plug, coil, map or maf sensor ( dunno waja use which one ) , o2 sensor , throttle sensor & other part that you think it related to yr prob..

oso try change new spark plug....

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
nan83, actually today i start my car and monitor my car idling for sometime. actually i think the ficd not really work up. when the compressor kick in, sometime rpm drop abit, sometime the rpm drop badly and mati engine :(.

anyhow tomorrow will try to swap the throttlebody and autochoke with my fren car? should i exchange the throttle body sensor and map sensor as well?

jackhon, you mentioned about check the sensor by using multimeter. but even if the voltage is ok, we cannot prove that the sensor is in good condition right?
YEs, u can prove it the sensor in good condition or not...!!!!!take signal wire and sensor ground to see........

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
thanks everybody for giving opinion.

yesterday i exchange the TB with my fren, and solved 2 problem
1) idling become better. though sometime will raise and drop abit if compared wiht my fren which his car RPM needle stay still on that RPM :P
2) engine can start without step on the throttle pedal

what i did yesterday
1)exchange TB with fren. Firstly disconnect the additional FICD and monitor the idling. the idling was good. doesnt up and down like my previous TB
2)after that, i tried with connect the additional FICD with my fren TB. The car idling start to goes crazy, up and down. So i conclude that additional FICD is the culprit.
3)use back my TB without the FICD. adjust the RPM higher so that engine wont die when aircond kick in. found that my car still drop and raise at 500 rpm but it doesnt go up and down like crazy
4) use back my TB with FICD. found that sometime when air cond kick in the RPM doesnt drop much, sometime when aircond kick in, the rpm drop until engine mati :-s

My finding- when turn off the air cond, or when i turn the aircond to the coolest, i find the idling was very smooth, no drop or raise at all. when the air cond turn to the warment, when compressor start kick in the RPM drop obviously. could it be the power supply problem also?

Last edited:

ahgy

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2007
ahren i got same prob with u..im on bolt on too but not waja..satria 1.6 la..b4 bolt , i don haf ta press pedal to start the car..now i haf to.. when temp cold , my car will mati engine..so i haf to rev the engine until the temp raise...then my car engine wont shut off de...idling is very bad..at 640-690rpm...if on a/c the ficd will raise the rpm..so smoother compare with a/c shut off.. i also got no solution for this..when u go for a foreman to check , same things as wat ure thinking now.. need to test 1 by 1 to know..

if u solve ur prob,do share ya

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Hi guys,

finally i got time to fix my car last week. my idling become ok after i replaced my old t/b with a new 1. the new t/b also fixed my another problem which i need to press pedal everytime when i start my engine.

but my engine check light is still on. wonder if it caused by the new replaced GSR injector :-s

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
check light?try n bring it to proton n ask them to use m.u.t to check for faulty
sensor.got friend on the inside better.f.o.c.:)

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
i afraid they will charge me for more than RM100 for the check ... that's y i still yet for car check up

wajarays

Known Member
Jan 1, 2008
hi ahren ... hows your waja now ??? isit problem solve edi ??? me also waja 4g18p bolt on turbo :itsme: already used 1 year ++ with 60k miles without any problem :biggrin: hope can meet and yumcha with you one day ....

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
problem solved. but seems like emange is not too ngam with my engine. always burnt coil.

wat engine management u are using? btw, i am free to out for yum cha.. hehe .

wajarays

Known Member
Jan 1, 2008
im using PS PowerSport engine management , tuned by drager Racing ..... urs also from drager racing rite ?? if im not mistake , u buy the whole turbokit from waja 4646 rite ??

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
yeah.. i got it from waja4646... that time he was using emanage.

the emanage seems not working well with 4G18. burnt coil 3 times -_-" i am looking for alternative engine management system. do you did any dyno?

wajarays

Known Member
Jan 1, 2008
yup ... got 150whp/220wNm with 0.5bar last year ... on engine around 170hp/250Nm i think ... urs ??

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
169whp with 0.6 bar. but i think that is not accurate..

will do dyno after i retune again

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, any sifu can tell me about waja 1.6 manual gearbox izit same use in 4g93t(ck model),because my gsr ck is auto gearbox, i wan to change to manual.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience