VW Golf

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dear All,
Want to know if there are other members from the air cooled family of VW.... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
one watercooled mk2 reporting..:biggrin:
got dub?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
KB, kelantan.
i'm not the only one here. my mech has one, his big bro has a mk1 convertible, and this tok imam guy got a mk2 oso..

about the mk2, that's not mine..but gonna look like that in a few months..
here's mine..the actual one.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
HKS-GT2835R said:
KB, kelantan.
i'm not the only one here. my mech has one, his big bro has a mk1 convertible, and this tok imam guy got a mk2 oso..
Are any of the golfs for sale, esp the Mk 1 convertible????

Anyway, the title of this thread is "air cooled" VW Golf.....I tot Golf is water cooled? air cooled VW usually means Beetle, doesn't it?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Kookaburra said:
Are any of the golfs for sale, esp the Mk 1 convertible????

Anyway, the title of this thread is "air cooled" VW Golf.....I tot Golf is water cooled? air cooled VW usually means Beetle, doesn't it?
hahah..
my bad.
aircooled = VW bug
watercooled = VW Rabbit!

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dudes ... my mistake. I really meant water cooled. I have a Mk 2 16v (original) with some modifications. I have owned the car for 11 years now. Would love to meet up with you KB guys sometime...

I knew Beetles are big in Kelantan but never knew there was a Golf too ....

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
H2Zero said:
Dudes ... my mistake. I really meant water cooled. I have a Mk 2 16v (original) with some modifications. I have owned the car for 11 years now. Would love to meet up with you KB guys sometime...

I knew Beetles are big in Kelantan but never knew there was a Golf too ....
MK1 & 2 got lah here in KB.
mine hafta remove the 1.8KR cuz the engine jammed already when i bought it, so now a 9A 2.0 16V passat is already in its place. and i LOVE it!
but now radiator & my powersteering bocor lah..damnit!
here's that stupid leaking rad in person!

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
eh ... 2L ... mine still 1.8KR. WOuld really love a test power. They say the 9A has more power... you engine bay looks clean. ...

how many members Mk 1 and Mk2.... most of my frineds sold theirs... :(

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
H2Zero said:
eh ... 2L ... mine still 1.8KR. WOuld really love a test power. They say the 9A has more power... you engine bay looks clean. ...

how many members Mk 1 and Mk2.... most of my frineds sold theirs... :(
clean?
hahah..
fren, the intake manifold IS clean, i assure you. but the rest are not, i assure you oso..:biggrin:

on paper the 9A has 145bhp, atw, if i remember. it has a good broad power on long distance, and more power can be had on minor mods, according to guys at clubGTI uk.
i still keep my KR cams, for future mod, and wanna put better header oso. the current ones is rusty like hell..!

Mk2+mk1 owner i cannot tell how much, scattered all over here, but there's 4 MK2 owner in which 2 of them i know personally.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
H2Zero said:
... the KR cams are much sought after.... really hope to meet more people who are into Golfs....
contact eoj on autoworld.com.my, he knows a lot Mark 1 and Mark 2 owners.

eoj

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
guys,

there was a little gathering of golfs last saturday nite at the tmn sea projet. about 10 cars from mkI, cabs, mkII and mkIII (maybe a IV). i couldn't make it cos i had to go outstation. the guys are planning one lunch trip to tg malim soon...... so will keep u fellas updated if interested.

kookaburra,

BUy buY bUy BUY buy Buy BUy.. wat u waiting for ????!!!! hahahha......

eoj

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Stan,

was surprise to see you that day at Taipan. Is that your regular hang out place?
hehehe.

anyway i have been using the Titan for almost 6 months and i must say that its still performing. I have a query on the settings.

how do i know what is the current settings and what are the range available for adjustment? Meaning how soft or hard can i go? is there a range say from 0 - soft to 9 hard?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience