VW Golf

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
Bert said:
Auto means the the engine from the Passat izzit?

I am thinking of looking for the 2.016V manual from a Mk3 GTi to go into my Vento... the AFT engine is kidna lackign in power.
hmmmm....in that case i would advise u to dump in the 1.8T 20V inside your Vento..
that would be cool...=]

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
conti,

Would love to go for that option if I can find a 1/2 cut form a Mk4 golf gti... From what I was told, the 1.8T form an Audi cannot go in as the mountings are wrong.

Also anyone has any info on doigna 2.016V transplant and can I also use the passat 9a Engine as well in my Mk3?

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Bert who your mechanic? .... The Audi and Golf shares the same engine although they are mounted differently I don't think there should be any complicated difference...

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
Bert said:
conti,

Would love to go for that option if I can find a 1/2 cut form a Mk4 golf gti... From what I was told, the 1.8T form an Audi cannot go in as the mountings are wrong.
I think you have been misinformed. If you read magazines from US & UK, there are many Rabbits and Mk II Golf with Audi 1.8T engine inside. I don't know what modifications are needed to fit the engine but from some of the articles, it isn't too difficult a job though some fabrication will be needed.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
H2,

I do my work at Audible but I dont think they are the Car mod kinda guys... So if wanna mod gotta look for someone else... ANy mechs to recommend?

Kook,

I did see those in the mags but am not sure of the extent of the mods required. Also its kinda difficult to find a 1.8T engine locally whether from VW or from Audi... proice is not cheap too. Better off looking for a 1.8T from a Golf Mk4 as those are manual transmissions. The ones from Audi so far I have seen are all Autos.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Bert there is not much mech out there which really wants to get their hands dirty with mod... The mechanic I used since 1997 never encourages me to mod.... I tend to agree as modding has it inherent problems.....

However yours is just an engine swap so I think your mech should be able to handle... How come you send your VW to an Audi mechanic?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
cuz VW owns Audi and these guys are pretty experienced dealign with the standard AFT engine in Malaysia... Also close by to me cuz I dunno where is the VW mechanic in Jln Ipoh at and Klang is waay to far away to go.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Bert ... Klang is very far but basically its an excuse for us nutters to jam with other enthuciast ... Anyway if your present mechanic is solving all your problems don't change...

By the way what was the reason you want to modify?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
hehe... I heard abt Klang but I dunno where it is actually... Was told its somewhere in Kg Jawa...

Anyway.. just want more power for the car... the car is pretty underpowered with a 100+kg driver and ICE in the boot. Also I am itching to get a manual and after driving my friends Mk3 with a 2.0 16V manaual... its so much more fun than the 1.6 engine.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
hi guys.
do you love workin' on ur dub? here's some carnage frm last week, i wuz out sorting out some wires.
a new (read : good-used) radiator goin' in, some fresh paint fer the enginebay, and it's all good. and now fer a decent bumper! i wan a front mk2 big bumper. u guys have any unwanted ones?

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
BERT - give me your mobile. I am going back to KL for a break next week and I can take you to my mechanic.... basically the short or tall block both has its advantsges and disadvantages... When we meet can ask you friend to bring his Mk3 and we see la OK...?

HKS-GT2835R - Big bumpers are rare ... I had to wait for 5 years before I got mine... anyway why don't you place and order with the potong keretas... my friends did.

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
guys lets do another tt season!!!then we can discuss more bout this...we hav few experts for engine conversion...hehehe...they can give u some advise...

im having a 1.8 16V inside my 76' rabbit =]

should we do another tt?...any suggestion?

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
HKS-GT2835R said:
hi guys.
do you love workin' on ur dub? here's some carnage frm last week, i wuz out sorting out some wires.
a new (read : good-used) radiator goin' in, some fresh paint fer the enginebay, and it's all good. and now fer a decent bumper! i wan a front mk2 big bumper. u guys have any unwanted ones?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/aidiefume/dirty.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/aidiefume/dirty2.jpg
dude!!!
i have a second hand mk 2 big bumpers!!!
i can let it go to u damn cheap!!!
let me knoe if youre intrested!

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
continental_drifter said:
dude!!!
i have a second hand mk 2 big bumpers!!!
i can let it go to u damn cheap!!!
let me knoe if youre intrested!
great news there.
pm/email me ur best price, bro.
i'll be needing it ASAP.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear zthorianss..

i hav a prob with my car..FYI, my car is b20 with type R ecu+vafc at 45% correction..my problem is..my O2 sensor (or exhaust sensor) maybe malfunctioned. My car gives engine sensor problem signal when i maintain certain speed.lets say i maintain 70km/hr at same gear..the signal will flash and my car will loss some power+jerking

i made a check with various w'shop..all request that the sensor must be replaced. i also sent my car to honda service centre and the mechanic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience