VQ20 to VQ25

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
hi, was searching for such info then come across this thread....
sorry to hijack ur thread.....

just swapped a VQ25 engine lantai for my dad's A32 (ori VQ20)....
blew the engine last week on the highway...culprit is the cracked radiator which wasnt noticed (covered by air dunk for air filter)....just my luck....towed the car back to my mech place....n he suggested to get an engine lantai n direct swap (although i initially wanted to drop a whole halfcut....he asked me not to waste money)....so ok....get the full engine lantai (block, head, intake, tb, injectors) n drop it in....collected the car in 1 week time...noticed very significant improvement on torque....
but still rather worried abt AFR as still using VQ20 wiring n ecu....only injector using VQ25.....
although dun see much prob as this car will be driven by my dad....no full throttle/high rev....but in heart....still rather worried on AFR....was considering to get a cheap AFC (those old skool 5button type) n get it tuned on dyno.....

so....any suggestions on my case????

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

blew the engine last week on the highway...culprit is the cracked radiator which wasnt noticed (covered by air dunk for air filter)....just my luck....towed the car back to my mech place....n he suggested to get an engine lantai n direct swap (although i initially wanted to drop a whole halfcut....he asked me not to waste money)....so ok....get the full engine lantai (block, head, intake, tb, injectors) n drop it in....collected the car in 1 week time...noticed very significant improvement on torque....
but still rather worried abt AFR as still using VQ20 wiring n ecu....only injector using VQ25.....
although dun see much prob as this car will be driven by my dad....no full throttle/high rev....but in heart....still rather worried on AFR....was considering to get a cheap AFC (those old skool 5button type) n get it tuned on dyno.....

Just keep an eye on the temp & engine knock
sound. I think it would run leaner.:biggrin:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
engine temp??? guess the temp gauge is useless....
never show any sign of overheating even dat time the engine piang on highway coz of the leaking radiator.....
but so far so good la....m using it now for outstation....still monitoring on FC....
also din rev high....most also 4k....gonna try one time full rev when i;m back in JB.....

Skyfiro A32

Known Member
Jun 12, 2007
hi all,

i'm planing to drop my engine frm vq30de to vq25de end of this year,might jus swap the engine kosong w/o the vq25de ecu.is there any issue on this?

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Problem is, if you are buying engine kosong and without paper work, you can't get to register in JPJ too.

If you manage to find a 2.5L running condition..just transfer everything la...no need to worry later.

Skyfiro A32

Known Member
Jun 12, 2007
thanks dream.tent..is anyone have any feedback after droping from vq30 to vq25?
fc will improve? and power still okie?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
power will drop especially the pulling effect (torque), city driving FC maybe same, highway is sure lower compare to 3L

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
if the FC improve and power remain, why nissan put in the VQ30? must as well go for vq25 from the start.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
VQ25 power is definitely not as good as VQ30, especially the torque which u will notice during overtaking. In gear downshift, VQ30 gives kind of surge in power, whereas VQ25 the power comes slower and not such "surge" feeling. But I would say VQ25 is still suffice for normal use.

FC shud be very very close to VQ30 around legal speed limit. Going at higher speed say 160km/h or more then do not know, cos still dare not step it more than that yet...:tongue:

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com

If you are worried and don't mind spending a bit more, get a UniChip (Piggy back) and tune your car on a Dynometer. Get AFR right and tune to smoothen the torque.

PM me if you need help on the tuning...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
if the FC improve and power remain, why nissan put in the VQ30? must as well go for vq25 from the start.
Power would drop but maybe fc improve if town driven. I love the VQ30 power & torque but cannot afford the road tax only mah...hehehe...:bawling:

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

VQ25 power is definitely not as good as VQ30, especially the torque which u will notice during overtaking. In gear downshift, VQ30 gives kind of surge in power, whereas VQ25 the power comes slower and not such "surge" feeling. But I would say VQ25 is still suffice for normal use.

FC shud be very very close to VQ30 around legal speed limit. Going at higher speed say 160km/h or more then do not know, cos still dare not step it more than that yet...:tongue:
Get it endorsed bro, raya around the corner , lots of enforcement officers setting up roadblocks, man! (got caught using hid, hehehe...):mad:

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

VQs eletronics r ultra sensitive, so better not mess with it , keep everything original bro:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

VQs eletronics r ultra sensitive, so better not mess with it , keep everything original bro:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody have ever tried to modify to put rear aircond on their local cars like the one on bimmers or merc..... I would like to try this project, but have not much experience on DIY. Maybe you can share ideas on how this could be done.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience