Vios bolt on turbo ? reasonable price ?

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
sorry guy i am totally noob in this ~ i feel my vios damn slow.... 9.4sec after i done , light weight pully, mainford , fitler and all the normal modification that you can get from ACC shop... but i still feel that is not enogg...

i just wanna feel that force that pushing when acceratin.. my vios only have abit only.. damn i addicted with the power and the sound psssssssssssst...

i wanna start but i have no idea where to start ~~ :banghead:
helppppp ~~

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
hi there, we all want more power :rofl:

but before you start shopping around for a BOT kit, you need to ask yourself these few questions.

1. turbo kits increases hp by double digits. this also means your engine wear and tear increases by the same amount. do you have the budget AND the discipline to maintain a turbocharged car? please remember that you are not only paying EXTRA to maintain your engine, you also need to pay extra to maintain your gearbox, brakes and tires (very important, dun use cheapo tires).

2. going fast is fun but being safe is another matter. if you are the type who always rush here and there, swerve in and out of traffic, it is quite dangerous to you and other road users. you have to be able to control yourself and the sudden increase in power of your car. when it rains, you have to be even more careful. i have seen people when raining, from standing start the guy floor the accelerator when the traffic light turn green and the car lost control and bang into divider because of torque steer. can you be discipline enough to drive safely and responsibly, especially when you are fetching your family/gf/friends? will you simply cucuk other road users now that you have a more powerful engine?

3. assuming that you are ok with (1) and (2), and you start shopping for your BOT kit. you need to have extra cash to upgrade other things. as your car has become faster, you MUST upgrade your brakes and use good tires. no point going fast but cannot stop in time or cannot control your car because your tires no grip.

DONT be like so many who just happily chase for high hp and then forget about their brakes. even if you can reach 100km/h by 5 secs, doesn't mean that you can stop your car from 100-0 by 5 secs also. use good brake pads.

choose the right size of rims and good tires. big rims and tires may give you more grip but it also means its harder for your ABS to kick in. during rain, big and wide tires is actually more dangerous because it is harder to disperse the water. always check your tire pressure to ensure you have optimum grip. remember this, you may have the best of everything but the contact between your tire and the road is about the size of your palm. imagine you only have 4 palms supporting more than 1 ton of weight (i not sure how much your vios weigh after you add turbo kit and all the other upgrades). if your tires are not properly inflated, you wont have proper grip.

happy modding. :wavey:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
BUY YRV Halfcut. Remain the engine block. Use the head and turbo from YRV. No problem. Interior can sell to MYVI owner.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
can depends on how much pressure u planning to induce only... Summo got tiptronic... muahaha...

B20(2.0L) block on B16 head(1.6L)...?
4G94(2.0L) block on 4G91/92/93(1.5L/1.6L/1.8L) head..?
4G63(2.0L) SOHC convert to 4G61/67(1.6L/1.8L) DOHC head..?

why cannot leh..?

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hi there, we all want more power :rofl:

but before you start shopping around for a BOT kit, you need to ask yourself these few questions.

1. turbo kits increases hp by double digits. this also means your engine wear and tear increases by the same amount. do you have the budget AND the discipline to maintain a turbocharged car? please remember that you are not only paying EXTRA to maintain your engine, you also need to pay extra to maintain your gearbox, brakes and tires (very important, dun use cheapo tires).

2. going fast is fun but being safe is another matter. if you are the type who always rush here and there, swerve in and out of traffic, it is quite dangerous to you and other road users. you have to be able to control yourself and the sudden increase in power of your car. when it rains, you have to be even more careful. i have seen people when raining, from standing start the guy floor the accelerator when the traffic light turn green and the car lost control and bang into divider because of torque steer. can you be discipline enough to drive safely and responsibly, especially when you are fetching your family/gf/friends? will you simply cucuk other road users now that you have a more powerful engine?

3. assuming that you are ok with (1) and (2), and you start shopping for your BOT kit. you need to have extra cash to upgrade other things. as your car has become faster, you MUST upgrade your brakes and use good tires. no point going fast but cannot stop in time or cannot control your car because your tires no grip.

DONT be like so many who just happily chase for high hp and then forget about their brakes. even if you can reach 100km/h by 5 secs, doesn't mean that you can stop your car from 100-0 by 5 secs also. use good brake pads.

choose the right size of rims and good tires. big rims and tires may give you more grip but it also means its harder for your ABS to kick in. during rain, big and wide tires is actually more dangerous because it is harder to disperse the water. always check your tire pressure to ensure you have optimum grip. remember this, you may have the best of everything but the contact between your tire and the road is about the size of your palm. imagine you only have 4 palms supporting more than 1 ton of weight (i not sure how much your vios weigh after you add turbo kit and all the other upgrades). if your tires are not properly inflated, you wont have proper grip.

happy modding. :wavey:

EVO SIFU have spoken..hehe :driver:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
GT Auto in sunway has done turbo on a vios if i'm not mistaken...ask them...

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
Hi, yes you're right. GT Auto was the one who did the turbo kit for my Vios.

GT Auto posted some pictures in their website, you can view it here.

I also posted up some information of the bolt-on project in my blog, you can click here to check it out.

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
why la... people like to push car engine performance that wasnt designed for force induction....such a waste and why just cant enjoy the way it is meant to be....?

dont meant to start a flame war here... im just curious what some of the people are thinking. it will be like rebuilding n modifying the whole thing just to accomodate a force induction system that couldnt be push too high.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
why la... people like to push car engine performance that wasnt designed for force induction....such a waste and why just cant enjoy the way it is meant to be....?

dont meant to start a flame war here... im just curious what some of the people are thinking. it will be like rebuilding n modifying the whole thing just to accomodate a force induction system that couldnt be push too high.
For the sake of driving pleasure... And fun...
it's still fun until something happens to the engine...

Like most JDM are designed to take 280BHP. EVO, Skyline(Exclude GT-R 35, as they aren't called Skyline anymore) Fairlady, and etc...

Of course some ppl will say, well, they are design to take more, but they are limiting it to accomplish the rules and regulation or some other reasons....

My question is... How much more is more... Do we know..? We still see GSR with 3++WHP, EVO with 4++WHP, skylines with 700bhp/whp on the road... that weren't even supposed to be a onroad vehicle... But there still are... Some like to play around with what they have...

So.. worth it or not... Depends on how much the owner is willing to pay and how mch the owner willing to risk their engine/car for the power increment...

Cheers... But seriously... Bro renxun has a point too unless if the car/engine damages won't affect the owner's daily routine... Even if it does, please accept the reality of the choice they've made n make no complain...

And one more thing... engine is a simple yet sophiscated system... all modification are interelated to some other supportive mods in order for the engine to be reliable for a daily driven vehicle...

Cheers...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now i have the layout for my spectra which i would likes to been custom change, :D any suggestion about which shop labour is better and not too expensive ... don't suggest daichi that is not good enough but it is damn expensive ..... :mad:

the custom bodykit of mine, i think only the front bumper change a lot ant the side and real bumper just add on the lips i think any suggestion ? :cool:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience