petrol pricing going up...Bolt on turbo?

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
Need advice; any sifu & fren is it reliable bolt on turbo this time coz petrol pricing go high Rm 2.70 for 1litre...is it b.o.t can help save fuel or not..:hmmmm:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
my petrol for 1km is 24 cents based on current petrol price...this happens only when im crusing at 100km or 3k rpm
hehe

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
BOT save fuel ??
Turbocharge increase your performance...therefore, if performance increase, wil your fuel consumption decrease??

go for NGV if u wan save oil....

del

Known Member
Jul 15, 2007
BOT for ur motorbike could save more fuel compare to cars.

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
AIR + FUEL = POWER

If you want more POWER, you need to add more AIR and FUEL.

What if you only add more AIR but FUEL constant? Engine runnning lean, temperature up, engine knocking, BLOW~

Therefore you can option for engine transplant which having lower HP, then you also achieve your aim eventually, hahahaha!!! Joking Joking

Generally, POWER and FUEL SAVING are like two different edges of a ruler, u cannot get 2 in a time, just choose which way u want to go.

Last edited:

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
HAWICK : nice advice&joking hehehe,,,i did a transplant..i am running a btop 6spd now.but not to satisfied with..the power so i made a survey..for BOT. One of the famous tuner for BOT(cannot mention her name and company) said tht his customer (using same engine & gbox) some time more safe then bfore(NA). i dont know la whether he mention about cruising on hway or etc.is it logic or not......?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
yes it is logic...

it is BOT but it boost very very low and the settings set for him is like safer then before his non-BOT engine..

so tis can help u decrease your fuel consumption at the same time u compare turbo power n NA power..of course u wil not get to know actually the turbo power is same as your NA power...:D

well there is no point if u wan to BOT but to save fuel....cause BOT mainly for ppl who wan better performance n power for either pickup/racing....

if u BOT and u said u wan save fuel..then u're not gona make the turbine boosting and wat's the point of BOT??

Last edited:

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
del : waahh..ur advice so good la bro..r u have an experience BOT four ur car bro?wht car r u driving?

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
clanskiller: nice advice....some time want more7X g force..not everytime want it.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
go get urselft NGV bro, bot wont save u fuel , since u r trying to save money , i dnt tink its the path u wanna go , bot will also increase wear n tear

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
clanskiller: nice advice....some time want more7X g force..not everytime want it.
u wan more7x g force then it gonna use more fuel...

but if for the situation i mentioned previously...u can feel the g force..but actually the force is stil same or maybe lower then your NA..tat's why u feel it..and then u wil say..wa bot save oil, got g force somemore..worth lei....

afterall if u let an experiance turbocharged users drive your car...maybe he wil feel like..eh u boosting at 0.3 bar only?! how come the turbo kick in mcm bo kick eh?? lol..

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
u wan more7x g force then it gonna use more fuel...

but if for the situation i mentioned previously...u can feel the g force..but actually the force is stil same or maybe lower then your NA..tat's why u feel it..and then u wil say..wa bot save oil, got g force somemore..worth lei....

afterall if u let an experiance turbocharged users drive your car...maybe he wil feel like..eh u boosting at 0.3 bar only?! how come the turbo kick in mcm bo kick eh?? lol..

bro, i thinking BOT my rav4 2.4 , what boost be safe ar?? because i not going to kacau internal engine or injector,, and summore 7speed auto gear..

i record my landcruiser with turbosmart wastegate already,, using hp, and got some mixed noise... hahaha very loud wo... will update to youtube and send u the link..

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
clanskiller : oic..bro r u 4g93t user?
adui..clanz not clans lol...yes i'm 4g93t user..

bro, i thinking BOT my rav4 2.4 , what boost be safe ar?? because i not going to kacau internal engine or injector,, and summore 7speed auto gear..

i record my landcruiser with turbosmart wastegate already,, using hp, and got some mixed noise... hahaha very loud wo... will update to youtube and send u the link..
rav4 not sure lo...not familiar wit toyota engine le...but if u said internal part didn't change,i also duno if the current internal parts can withstand the pressure/power or not...

maybe boosting at 0.6bar ok lo...last time i went N1 racing at sunway enquire for rx8 Complete Turbokit for my cousin...not to mention the cost...the package includes every piping to IC,Intake,Turbine,e-manage wit ready-tune by Garrett...
nvr ask wat is the turbine after hearing his explanation of rx8 tat buy tis turbokit only can boost at 0.3 bar as set by Garrett..tat is the maximum boost..i was like ?!.. ? ??

woo...fast fast show me :D...aiya u like trying to make me regret only oo hahaha!

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
adui..clanz not clans lol...yes i'm 4g93t user..

rav4 not sure lo...not familiar wit toyota engine le...but if u said internal part didn't change,i also duno if the current internal parts can withstand the pressure/power or not...

maybe boosting at 0.6bar ok lo...last time i went N1 racing at sunway enquire for rx8 Complete Turbokit for my cousin...not to mention the cost...the package includes every piping to IC,Intake,Turbine,e-manage wit ready-tune by Garrett...
nvr ask wat is the turbine after hearing his explanation of rx8 tat buy tis turbokit only can boost at 0.3 bar as set by Garrett..tat is the maximum boost..i was like ?!.. ? ??

woo...fast fast show me :D...aiya u like trying to make me regret only oo hahaha!

yeahh lo 0.3 boost.. pasang oledi give u few more horse and cow, then can give u see boost meter go up, and can use blow off valve ma hahaha... because rx8 engine now use to environmental friendly hahaha me noob dunno anything just burn me hahahaha..

sharing ma, where got make u regret la hahaha.. i just boost 17psi, lain kali i try record cantik sikit.. because banyak noisy hahahaha pasang the ssqv liao,, manual memang syiok play blow off valve hahahaha...

tomolo i upload la try try see nice ornot hahaha

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s all about the upcoming Hari Raya festivities and NAZA Quest, the official distributor of Chevrolet vehicles here in Malaysia has just provided a series of discounts and even a complimentary car for your convenience – all for the sake of ensuring that you’ve got yourself a Chevrolet that’s in good working condition for that long-haul back to visit the relatives...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience