petrol pricing going up...Bolt on turbo?

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
master jinkl,
since bot ma.... hardly plp use so big turbo lo... unless those big cc car .... but then again if boost at 0.4 on td05-16g, will it fall out of compressor map island? which also refer to surge line?

but then think back.... those big cc car, whn bot with td05-16g and boost 0.4bar, will they feel anything? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

everytime talk until so technical no fun la.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bro..when big cc use small turbo-wat happen is, in compressor map.. the point will fall under choke not surge...

bigger the engine cc - faster the turbine spool - faster the compressor side compress air - faster the engine boosting..

so when using tdo5 in big cc let say2.5cc u can still feel the boost-still fun but maybe u will not satisfied coz u r so greedy u want more:biggrin:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Turbo engine have much lower fuel consumption than N/A engine during long distance cruising (90~110km/h)

Example : 40 litres of fuel, I could get about 500~530km (I cruised from KL to JB then back to Melaka)

But in City traffic, its vice versa.

Example : 20 litres of fuel, I could only muster 120~150km

The Turbo engine has higher pumping loss to spool the turbo when car is stopped.

So in city traffic when you are stop and crawl most of the time, much more fuel is needed for Turbo engine.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bro..when big cc use small turbo-wat happen is, in compressor map.. the point will fall under choke not surge...

bigger the engine cc - faster the turbine spool - faster the compressor side compress air - faster the engine boosting..

so when using tdo5 in big cc let say2.5cc u can still feel the boost-still fun but maybe u will not satisfied coz u r so greedy u want more:biggrin:

bro, you've just spelled me out. whahahahahaha

yeah yeah, choke... not surge.

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
mr joeker...i like ur explanation...that is fr true experience...cruising on highway;long distance..better choose turbocharger car isn't?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If the GT-R signifies Nissan's Innovation, the 350z signifies their heritage, then the Silvia (or the 240sx or the 200sx or the 180sx) is the model that signifies their youth. Since the famous (relatively) low cost FR sport coupe ended production in August of 2002.

(artist rendering, not actual car, by Best Car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience