petrol pricing going up...Bolt on turbo?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
how come the clip hor..the timing of the BOV like a bit weird weird geh?lagging??
u release throttle,after 1 sec only the BOV got sound...or maybe your HP lagging LOL

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
clanzzzz not clanss...hehehe...4G93t? that means u dont have any experience on BOT fr NA to turbo charge la bro, 4g93t only plug & play ..

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
how come the clip hor..the timing of the BOV like a bit weird weird geh?lagging??
u release throttle,after 1 sec only the BOV got sound...or maybe your HP lagging LOL

hahaha diesal car is like that ma, tiada vacumn need make a switch lo... actually the bov just make to show only la, hahahaha
lain kali with out BOV and make a clip, i show u quick shift :P :rofl:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
clanzzzz not clanss...hehehe...4G93t? that means u dont have any experience on BOT fr NA to turbo charge la bro, 4g93t only plug & play ..
-.- .... yes i don have full experiances on BOT from NA to TURBO...but stil i got the general knowledge on how it works..is not because 4g93t is plug n play so everything is totally diff :/...like turbine is stil turbine...

and don get misunderstood...the post tat i mentioned if u let an experiance user to test your car ....is not me...is a fully experiance user...maybe your mech ?or someone else...

one is exhaust air bro, one is intake air
lolx...i meant both keluar angin... :/..sorry didn't specify deeply cause i just quick reply :D

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
boost 0.3? whr is the fun? whahahaha... trust me. u dun feel anyting on 0.3.....

turbo will save fuel on smooth driving or highway where the throttle load is more constant. Will burn more fuel on city driving. How bad it burn, depends on your foot.

As for my case, my FC same as be4 i BOT. i also dunno why. dun ask me. whahahahaha

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
boost 0.3? whr is the fun? whahahaha... trust me. u dun feel anyting on 0.3.....

turbo will save fuel on smooth driving or highway where the throttle load is more constant. Will burn more fuel on city driving. How bad it burn, depends on your foot.

As for my case, my FC same as be4 i BOT. i also dunno why. dun ask me. whahahahaha

cenot say like that 0.3bar, understand wht is compressor map and turbo flow first bro , 0.3bar of boost on td04 , is not same as 0.3bar of td05

td04-13g at 0.8bar , has the same max flow as td05-16g at 0.4bar only, so how now ? r u gonna say , 0.4bar in the td05 not fun ? wont it still be more powerfull than a 0.6bar td04 bot

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
0.8bar td04 vs 0.4bar td05, i'll take td04 thank you very much. for the power output of a td04 but have to wait so long for the turbo to wake up from its beauty sleep, not worth it hehehe:smokin:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
master jinkl,
since bot ma.... hardly plp use so big turbo lo... unless those big cc car .... but then again if boost at 0.4 on td05-16g, will it fall out of compressor map island? which also refer to surge line?

but then think back.... those big cc car, whn bot with td05-16g and boost 0.4bar, will they feel anything? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

everytime talk until so technical no fun la.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
master jinkl,
since bot ma.... hardly plp use so big turbo lo... unless those big cc car .... but then again if boost at 0.4 on td05-16g, will it fall out of compressor map island? which also refer to surge line?

but then think back.... those big cc car, whn bot with td05-16g and boost 0.4bar, will they feel anything? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

everytime talk until so technical no fun la.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bro..when big cc use small turbo-wat happen is, in compressor map.. the point will fall under choke not surge...

bigger the engine cc - faster the turbine spool - faster the compressor side compress air - faster the engine boosting..

so when using tdo5 in big cc let say2.5cc u can still feel the boost-still fun but maybe u will not satisfied coz u r so greedy u want more:biggrin:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Turbo engine have much lower fuel consumption than N/A engine during long distance cruising (90~110km/h)

Example : 40 litres of fuel, I could get about 500~530km (I cruised from KL to JB then back to Melaka)

But in City traffic, its vice versa.

Example : 20 litres of fuel, I could only muster 120~150km

The Turbo engine has higher pumping loss to spool the turbo when car is stopped.

So in city traffic when you are stop and crawl most of the time, much more fuel is needed for Turbo engine.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bro..when big cc use small turbo-wat happen is, in compressor map.. the point will fall under choke not surge...

bigger the engine cc - faster the turbine spool - faster the compressor side compress air - faster the engine boosting..

so when using tdo5 in big cc let say2.5cc u can still feel the boost-still fun but maybe u will not satisfied coz u r so greedy u want more:biggrin:

bro, you've just spelled me out. whahahahahaha

yeah yeah, choke... not surge.

triple111

Apr 7, 2008
mr joeker...i like ur explanation...that is fr true experience...cruising on highway;long distance..better choose turbocharger car isn't?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's the deal?

UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT) also introduced the all-new Toyota Alphard for the Malaysian market. Being in its 3rd generation now, this is not the first time the Alphard is offered by UMWT.

The units imported and distributed by UMWT are specially prepared and tuned for our market. With ECU program by TMC, customers are ensured that the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience