vibrating steering wheel

satbir_91

Dec 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Forgot to mention..all engine mountings are also new.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Not sure about manual but for Auto cars, if on Gear N and idling can feel vibration from car or steering or even when I shift to reverse gear, if vibration is badly felt, most probably your engine mounting Kong adi.

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
Sometimes it can also caused by your tyres...are the tyres in good condition??....because harden tyres can cause the
Steering wheel to vibrate.....few years back my dad own a 2000 wira...the is in good condition but its tyres...are quite harden....so in this case....the steering wheel starts to vibrate at 120km/h...

Is the cars fuel injection.....and its timing....alright??..,

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sometimes it can also caused by your tyres...are the tyres in good condition??....because harden tyres can cause the
Steering wheel to vibrate.....few years back my dad own a 2000 wira...the is in good condition but its tyres...are quite harden....so in this case....the steering wheel starts to vibrate at 120km/h...
"vibrate on idle"

Nothing to do with tyres.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys.

Double check the engine mount esp near the timing belt area.
Thats is the one will cause strong vibration when worn out.
Even if its new,it will vibrate if u had removed it recently to replave the timing belt.

Also,if u are using replacement part then the quality nowadays is very questionable.

One other cause which is rare but do happen on wira is the crank pulley actually causes the vibration.
It happen on my mum wira.all new mounting but the steering still bibrate a little during idle.
Mech said it could be the crank pulley as he exp before trying to solve the issu on another car.all bisjes are changed but the car still vibrate.
He cannot guarante it solve the problem as he himself cannot tied the vibration to the pulley..

satbir_91

Dec 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The dashboard doesn't vibrate. But only steering wheel vibrates a lot. When driving no vibration. I will get the mountings checked again and see la. Could it be something to do with the steering rack?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

The car is stock standard bro.

satbir_91

Dec 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
steering rack bush is new bro. Only 3 months old yet. I replaced the front n back engine mountings previously. Probably need to get the 2 side ones checked also. Thanks bro.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
now wonder...the two lower mounting wont contributento vibration when worn out as much as the mounting near the timing belt and gearbox area.

do replace them in set to make tem last longer.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006

Is the cars fuel injection.....and its timing....alright??..,
how many miles u have under ur belt macho man?
cracks me up dis morning. tq!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Suspect engine mounting too. Check all 4, bottom 2, front and back, side 2, left and right.....

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
if not about bushing...how about the the pump??...power steering pump
clog ke...wear n tear ke...loosenes..etc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just converted my wira to evo 4 engine, done 4wd, my spec are all standard with mines re-chipped ecu from japan(lucky i got it together in the halfcut)..

i just wonder

1.) my mech tell me to change the ori wastegate to tial, is it compulsory?? does the ori 1 din giv out constant boost??? or the boost not strong and cant out put the 2xx whp??

2.) with stock form, will it be easily tapau by the those street vtec (not heavy modded) , kcar turbo or some stock gsr?? (face problems...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience