Steering wheel vibrating

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi guys,

My car is currently having some problems after I changed from superstrut to adjustable absorbers.
The symptoms are:

1: Usually when I turn the steering wheel, it would return back. However when I fully turn the steering wheel, it won't return back to origin position.
2: Steering wheel vibrates when braking. Not so much when driving slowly. More so on high speed.
3: Steering wheel vibrates when over 130km/h.

After changing the absorbers, already done alignment. Is it the alignment not done properly? Steering rack worn out?
Please help guys.
Thanks a lot

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi dude,

Did you do tyres balancing? It's looks like your tyre is imbalance and causes vibration while in high speed and so do while you braking.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
You have to check you vehicle's castor. Currently there is not enough positive castor which is why the steering never straighten. Btw, your adjustable absorbers have separate height adjusters or is the height adjusted from the spring seat? There is a possibility the absorbers have been adjusted too low and the vehicle is riding on the bump stopper.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You have to check you vehicle's castor. Currently there is not enough positive castor which is why the steering never straighten. Btw, your adjustable absorbers have separate height adjusters or is the height adjusted from the spring seat? There is a possibility the absorbers have been adjusted too low and the vehicle is riding on the bump stopper.
Further to bro. nyantong post, how low have the adjustable been set to? I had vibration problems last time when I set them too low and the drive shaft was vibrating because drive shaft angle was bent some how. I had them raised and no more vibration. Of course problem may not be same as your ride, just sharing....:driver:

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Already talked to the mechanics. He said need skim the disc brakes and the other problems can be solved easily. Will update you guys when I meet the mechanic next week

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've 1 HKS 3037 turbo need repair, the bearing come out oredi.. any workshop is the most recommanded or anyone here can pm me if u're doing repair turbo service..
roughly how much if repair this kind of ball bearing turbo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience