V-tec Vs Mivec

wan_iswandy

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2007
new generations always grow, bros.. for many of us, maybe this topic oredi kapooot, 20 years old punya topik.. but for the young guys, now they just start to learn la.. for otai2, just share ur 'old' knowledges here.. 3+3=6 is easy for us, but difficult for 6 years old kid right? :nurse:

i dont think Mivec is old.. All technologies are not old, they are just improving and getting better right? New evos use Mivec right? :slug:

just my 5 cents.. :biggrin:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
New Evos use variable cam timing not two different sets of cams.

niakulah

Jan 20, 2009
:driver:what was i see... early this year when im going to kelantan i was seing the car with very-very big vtec engine... it's not honda but 'kenari".. im follow this car about 20km... im not remember the plate number but i was catch the picture with my handphone...
i dont know what they was doing/?? vtec in kenari!!! can u imaging>>>>

ha ha ha .... (it's funny??):biggrin:

Bump: :driver:what was i see... early this year when im going to kelantan i was seing the car with very-very big vtec engine... it's not honda but 'kenari".. im follow this car about 20km... im not remember the plate number but i was catch the picture with my handphone...

Bump: :driver:what was i see... early this year when im going to kelantan i was seing the car with very-very big vtec engine... it's not honda but 'kenari".. im follow this car about 20km... im not remember the plate number but i was catch the picture with my handphone...

Mar 21, 2008
i know, i know......

if u want to beat a vtec with a mivec, just BOT it and end of story......

but if vtec also BOT, never ending story

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bump:
wat u mean vtec in kenari:smokin:
VTEC can be found inside:-
Mini Cooper
Smart for 2
Kancil
Kelisa
Satria
Golf
March

Just that its not common for public to sees it, coz its illegal in msia.

And why these mad ppl choose VTEC ? Does it ring a bell ? :thefinger:

Last edited:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
can V-tec be bolted on to other manufacturers engines ????
......... hmmmmmm ........... :smokin:

Bump: can V-tec be bolted on to other manufacturers engines ????
......... hmmmmmm ........... :smokin:

lavodo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
this one is never ending story laa.. the question is, which owner can put a lot lot of money to their's engine... ( mivec or vtec )... that all..

Bump: this one is never ending story laa.. the question is, which owner can put a lot lot of money to their's engine... ( mivec or vtec )... that all..

Mar 21, 2008
If anyone doesnt know that whatever engine can be swapped into difference car make models, that means he never watched astro or surf the internet before.

Only malaysia and some countries have law on engine swapping on diff car makes. But I still seen local mechanic built some choppers based on some VTEC engines and 2JZ engines, the answer is simple, they produce massive power.

I dont really see alot customizers mech using mivec engine, does it rings another bell ? :rofl:

Last edited:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
It is legal to swap motors between brands of cars ONCE in the car's lifetime. If that engine goes apparently you can not use another brand's engine. So it is not fully illegal.

N-gage

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
TRG
:driver:what was i see... early this year when im going to kelantan i was seing the car with very-very big vtec engine... it's not honda but 'kenari".. im follow this car about 20km... im not remember the plate number but i was catch the picture with my handphone...

its really???or u wrong listen???mybe vtec be behind u....hehehe

Bump:

its really???or u wrong listen???mybe vtec be behind u....hehehe

Jul 5, 2009
bro,
i check for you any team still have map sensor mivec manual 4g92

Bump:
which one MORE powerful !!!
i heard mivec open MORE powerful than vtec open ...
i'ts that true .....
correct me if I am wrong :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
bro,
Any team still have map sensor mivec 4g92

Bump:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I drive a Daihatsu G100 Aura.

Here's the problem:
My engine idling without the air con is 1000. That's fine with me. But when I turn on the air con, it shoots up to 1300!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience