Using small kid to make sympathy money

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Have u guys ever seen small kids(look like kindergaten) wif a few packets of prawn crackers which is almost the size of him or a wooden tray with biscuits n etc n sell to u during ur meal at certain restaurants??? Wif their age, walking around wif those stuffs are not light at all for them.

Nowadays i observed that adults used this way to make customers pity the small kid n sell of thier stuffs faster. Coz most of the ppl sure pity them n but their stuffs to let them fulfil thier job faster.

They were even taught to "cheat" by telling these r the last few packets n etc. After tat they will come bak wif a few more packets again.

Do u guys think it's very unfair for the kids? They should be enjoying thier childhood. I also wonder if they were given any proper education as well after wroking so hard.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
That's still not that bad. Seen the beggars who purposely starve their kids?

Iirc, there used to be a woman at taman segar pasar malam who is always there with her baby. Poor thing.

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
government should control.......but so far government dont care

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Yup children suffer because their parents are either too lazy or too naive to get a job. As much as they would like to think it's down totally to bad luck, it's more to do with having a poor mentality.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
yeah, the other day got some riff-raff came to my house door, i just got home and lucky the gate close already. then he come to me cuz i go to the mailbox to check, then he just say "mintak duit". I'm like wtf? so confirm one more time, "apa? duit ar?" then he just reply in half sleeping face "ya...". Then i say "sik ade" then ignore him and go into my house.

then he FRIGGIN SLEEP IN FRONT OF MY GATE!!! maybe he want to test patient with me cuz he see me in semi-formal overall and maybe i want go out (but i just came back), or maybe he just want to sleep in the shades. dunno lar.. so i ignore him again.

then when the garbage truck came, he's gone liau.. dunno he go away or the garbage collector throw him into the truck... :biggrin:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
sometime, some parents are like that but you can't blame them 100%...every people have thier own problems....it better for them to sell things then go and mintak duit by the roadside or shopping complex... :)

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
recently these few week ...got 1 old folk...begging money around sunway pyramid area...to be exact, ming tian restaurant there...i really cant tolerate him, everytime stop the car,, sure come beside ur car....tok those hakka/cantonese language...say wanna eat , no money, pity me lah..all shit...first time i see i run, second time i make angry face warn him....third time just looking at him fiercely...mch, got leg and hand still wanna beg....go do work lah....mop floor 1 hour also got 3 bucks lah....really dunno wat to do if this continue...who to complain? what can we do ar?...that day saw the police who walk past ask him to show IC...i tot ok d..he wont come d...who knows it continues...mch...

so i feel atleast they sell something better than they go beg....they sell something atleast they can use it proudly, and ppl wont look down..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeah... now they all use small kids or old lady to cheat people lor... because they look innocent ma... u guys wont suspect anything...

if for me, i jz ignore them lar... u got kaki and tangan, cannot find proper work meh??... wanna beg for money pulak.... go wash plates also can earn money ma...

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
One Saturday morning I encountered this dude outside my GF's house in Subang. As I was getting back into the car (parked outside) ready to leave, he walked up to me. I got back out and stood up to see what he wanted. He immediately started by saying, "I've to ask you something, but you'll surely scold me. In fact I've already been scolded by so many people". All this was in Cantonese. Since my Cantonese isn't exactly fluent I mixed it up with a few English words. He then started to speak in fluent English about how he needed RM 3 to take a bus to erm... Segambut or something. 3 bucks can't hurt so I just gave it to him. He ended up spending the next 10 mins thanking me under the blistering sun. Not wanting to sound rude, I started getting in the car but he insisted on knowing my name so he could pay me back. I declined and he said he would return and place an envelope with the 3 bucks at my GF's gate. I told him where the nearest bus stop was and just buggered off. Didn't seem the beggar sort as he looked lucid and spoke good English and Cantonese.

Whatever it is, I normally give some money knowing that it may be a con. In this day and age, we can never be really sure. Therefore, I take it as though I'm doing a good deed. If he wants to take advantage of me, then well... that's up to him. I did my part.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
so did he pay u back or not? :) just out of curiousity....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Duke Red

I had similar experience like u too. i was nearby Pudu waiting for friend. suddenly came this guy full suit with briefcase. started by asking me the time, then he told me he needed rm3 to get back home. his money not enuff. well why dun he sell one of his things? i dun want to make fuss so just gave him the money. then he went away.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
K_Takuya said:
Duke Red

I had similar experience like u too. i was nearby Pudu waiting for friend. suddenly came this guy full suit with briefcase. started by asking me the time, then he told me he needed rm3 to get back home. his money not enuff. well why dun he sell one of his things? i dun want to make fuss so just gave him the money. then he went away.
Beggers upgraded already? LOL, 'we have to sacrifice something at the beginning'.

Pudu Raya, Central Market, Kotaraya, Petaling Street are some pariah places.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Wah full suit and not even 3 bucks on him??? Hmmm... wonder why it's 3 bucks and not 1 or 2 or 4 or 5...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok here it goes,
I am facing slips with exedy normal clutch
I have in my mind to change to exedy semi racing
but then some of them warned me of Clutch Pump frequent failure , true ?
What if i put a racing clutch with OEM pressure cover , how ?
and anyone here on triniti clutch with oem covers ?
thanks a million.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience