Tyre on front and rear

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Hi all, my car is FF, is there any problem if i use different series and brand for front and rear set? eg: 2 x continental, and 2 x toyo.

the reason is my rear set is almost botak, so i plan to use cheaper tyre to replace, and in future front set botak and change to cheaper set to replace.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi all, my car is FF, is there any problem if i use different series and brand for front and rear set? eg: 2 x continental, and 2 x toyo.

the reason is my rear set is almost botak, so i plan to use cheaper tyre to replace, and in future front set botak and change to cheaper set to replace.
different brand is not a problem
and by different series do you mean for eg 205/40/17 become 205/45/17 or is it the width of the tyre?

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
different brand is not a problem
and by different series do you mean for eg 205/40/17 become 205/45/17 or is it the width of the tyre?
Just diff brand only, series will use the same, what i mean is different model of tyre
but use diff brand and tyre pattern , cruising will not smooth?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

No problem, as long as same size and brand for front set, and the same size and brand for the rear set.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How about for Front 215 & rear 225 ?
Any impact or better instead of look ?
Can also, but best if your car is RWD. Wider rears try to prevent over steer, which RWD always happens. For FWD car normally under steer, so not much advantage except dry traction.
Another problem that will occur is that you cannot rotate your tyres, so the 225 will always be in the rears and they will last a long long time for FWD....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what would be your choice?an original but used and old bucket seat, or brand new thailand or taiwan made replica bucket seat. will the used original seat be good after refurbished, or straight away use brand new ones, but not original. please give comments, thanks!!!:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience