Turbo-charged Altezza

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
fellas ...

whatever it is ... 3s-ge ... 3s-ge(t) ... 1jz-gte ... or 2jz-gte ... sxe-10 altezza in itself is still one of the best built and best looking car

so cherish of what u have and no point arquing in such a trivial issues ... at the end of the day, it depends on one's preference
Nice comment bro

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
fellas ...

whatever it is ... 3s-ge ... 3s-ge(t) ... 1jz-gte ... or 2jz-gte ... sxe-10 altezza in itself is still one of the best built and best looking car

so cherish of what u have and no point arquing in such a trivial issues ... at the end of the day, it depends on one's preference
ya bro, i agree...
wuteva it is, just for fun:burnout:

chill!haha

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Guys,
Long time i have been missing. Very tied up with Year end financial closing....
Anyway I see 2 school of thoughts on this engine configuration discussion.

Some like Power so they go fo 1JZ-GTE option
Some like Balance so they stick to original 3S-GE.
So if you want Power+Balance then what is the configuration ?

Either way it all depends what is that you are looking for in an Altezza.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
:adore:Our two taikors (porosaki & Jahax) have shown up..:adore:..this is the most active thread in the Altezza forum for a long time yes...:biggrin::rofl:

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
Now i found you Jahax!!!!!!!! Kahwin ke belum? heheheh

Bump: how about super charged ?? hehe.. any advice?

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
balance...or should I say good handling of the altezza is simply a matter of tuning up your stock suspension:
1.change springs n shocks
2.adding some under braces bars for that chassis rigidity
3.upgrading your anti roll bars for that lesser body roll while cornering/zipping between cars on the highway.

the original suspension for the stock altezza sucks big time...so how can 1 say the balance/handling is good ..even for the 3s for that matter. i know coz i changed my suspension in the 1st place. mines an auto.

the only thing good for a stock altezza is its chassis....spectacular metal chassis. solid n firm.

3s/1j/2j/1 uz fe(the V8)...it all depends whether the fella understands enough to upgrade to his/her own desired specs in the handling arena.

bearing in mind some like soft/some like hard.

another thing in mine. turbo charged a 3S is fun of course..but theres no handling...lol
so how to enjoy all that 280hp(assuming) on the road?
the reason is the suspension cant even transfer all that meaty torque onto the ground.

put in a 1j. power is good. but who says the 3S turbo charged is slow? anyone chased a turbo altezza in a 1j altezza?
heavier yes. so just upgrade to harder springs to support the heavy weight.

the 1st rule in any tuning ups

1. upgrade your suspension..to have a better handling on the road.
2. upgrade brakes...since ur are driving faster..u better be able to stop faster
3. upgrade tires....good tires translate to more feel on the road
4. upgrade the engine!!!!

think about it....coz its a never ending quest for power?...nope

i call it "the fun of driving"

cheers

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
looks like I am about to pour more fuel to the fire!!

Q:Why does anybody want to mod his car?
A:To improve upon something that they feel is lacking with the car.

Unless someone wants to race in a particular class group N;group A or group S that their engine has to conform to a particular class or specification then there should not be much boundaries(most probably bounded by the $$$$$).I have seen a 5litre in a fiat 850;5litre holden engines in a 120Y;(batu tiga days)a 1 UZ in a MR2 1st generation(internet forum post) all insanely fast straight line bullets if anything else.

There is a 500 bhp 3S normally aspirated engine about good for 600km only!(poison here).Why no one want to put it in their STREET car?Why no one wants to do the full engine re-build with crankshafts;con-rods;bearings;pistons;balance and ported;fully tuned exhaust with a fully programmable ecu?I have gone this route with a 4age;follow me down this road and I will tell you the pros and cons if it does not immediately become apparent.The result can be remarkable but at a sacrifice.

It is no fun getting my/our ass kicked everyday by evo/wiras;evo/satria's;putra's and honda type r's.No fun at all.Ultimately its your car, YOU DECIDE.

If I offended anyone;I apologize.If anyone wants advice to mod to 1JZ pm me.
Enuff said on this subject for me.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
bro 1JZtezza,u r welcome open a new thread on modding 1JZ into a altezza.full support from me & i believe some other members would like to learn too

thanks!

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
Anyway turbo kit here for RS200 for sale :thefinger: if someone cares to turbo-charge their 3S-GE.

p/s : turbo-kit impossible to fit 1JZ :biggrin:.

FYI green = my elder brother chasing me with his 1JZ altezza (standard boost 0.7).... very fast at low & mid range rpm response. i win him cause of my final drive at 4.3 & 0.8bar boost and at high range rpm.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I received word that the new Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four) was in town for a couple of days, to be previewed by potential customers. I really wanted to make it, but I would be out of town for several days over the weekend; so once I got back from my holiday, I made it a point to head for Naza Italia to see it in the flesh.

So... what exactly is the Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four)? Touted as the replacement for the 612...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience