Turbo-charged Altezza

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my fren is riding IS200 turbocharged, its 6cylinders engine...guess its 1JZ..wil ask him the total cost n let u guys updated. its at sunway the car btw

Last edited by a moderator:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
bro. IS200 6-cylinder? either transplanted 1JZ or still the 1F engine. hahah. is it the gold one?? i saw a gold one and a red one.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
The IS200 6 cylinder could be a 1g engine.These were the early models probably pre-2000.There were some 1g-gt (turbo versions but quite rare)Early UK mods centered around the 1g base engine(2litre).Beams block not quite as strong as the ST205 3S-GTE version,a proper way to turbo the beams would be to change the bottom end to the ST205 block with Beams head;taking special care on where all the VVTi sensors are,compatible oil pressure pumps ;etc.Then you have to invest in a proper ECU that handles the boost and fuel as well as the vvti function.(worse if auto transmission).Perhaps you can try duplicate the limited edition TOM'S turbo Altezza.There is one in KL.Its a lot of work and cost just as much as a transplant.
My(I stress MY opinion) the Altezza is great for its handling and ride comfort and a great value for money(maintenance speaking) versus a BMW 3 series.However the engine performance was sorely lacking.
The IS300 (US model runs a 2JZ NA version so question of appeal and identity of transplant should not arise.
Just to share:I ran my car in gp3 in the HPC track day on sunday 30th Nov.(afternoon session) and had great fun.Wore of my rear brakes and almost ran out of fuel.Swop my tyres change brake pads and drove to work the next morning.If thats not great fun and durability then I dont know what is.Since swopping the engine 4+ years ago;been in 2 hpc runs,(plus one of our own);
its still the same clutch plate;standard torsen lsd;stock ceramic twin turbos and engine.To top that I am running a hydraulic clutch fan.
End of the day its what u want;me I want fun AND durability.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
The IS200 6 cylinder could be a 1g engine.These were the early models probably pre-2000.There were some 1g-gt (turbo versions but quite rare)Early UK mods centered around the 1g base engine(2litre).Beams block not quite as strong as the ST205 3S-GTE version,a proper way to turbo the beams would be to change the bottom end to the ST205 block with Beams head;taking special care on where all the VVTi sensors are,compatible oil pressure pumps ;etc.Then you have to invest in a proper ECU that handles the boost and fuel as well as the vvti function.(worse if auto transmission).Perhaps you can try duplicate the limited edition TOM'S turbo Altezza.There is one in KL.Its a lot of work and cost just as much as a transplant.
My(I stress MY opinion) the Altezza is great for its handling and ride comfort and a great value for money(maintenance speaking) versus a BMW 3 series.However the engine performance was sorely lacking.
The IS300 (US model runs a 2JZ NA version so question of appeal and identity of transplant should not arise.
Just to share:I ran my car in gp3 in the HPC track day on sunday 30th Nov.(afternoon session) and had great fun.Wore of my rear brakes and almost ran out of fuel.Swop my tyres change brake pads and drove to work the next morning.If thats not great fun and durability then I dont know what is.Since swopping the engine 4+ years ago;been in 2 hpc runs,(plus one of our own);
its still the same clutch plate;standard torsen lsd;stock ceramic twin turbos and engine.To top that I am running a hydraulic clutch fan.
hey bro. wondering what colour is your tezza? we were in gp 1. :biggrin: i saw multiple altezzaS there

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
There were only two tezza's running in the afternoon gp3 though I saw 1 parked outside pit 30-34.A white color one with decals on the side.Fellow bro driving a silver no:xxx 909 came round;he was in gp 1 morning.
Both were 1 JZs mine TT; the other VVTi,both manual.

E S K A Y

Oct 29, 2006
I agree with my legs up !! well said ...

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Im sorry maybe im just giving an option without any strong argument with it.

First of all, it is just depends on you, your budget, and your preference.
For me why i got to 1jz because i cant find any good tuner for 3s motor in my place..

Secondly, why should i spend a lot of money just to get max about 300hp on standard internal when i can go about 450hp-500hp with 1jz standard internal.

Thirdly, Drawback to the BEAMS is the high compression. Adding a turbo will only deficit its longevity.

I am not saying BEAMS engine is not good, there are some 3s motor in US make a lot good of power.

If you would like to have an instant power without not much headache. 1jz is an option for you. Some of you will say you need to have atleast 20k to do it. It may be true or not true. It just depends how much you get the halfcut and how much you pay for the installation.

A few places can install the engine roughly around rm2.5k..

3SGE Beams build up = + turbo kit + metal gasket + management + injectors + intercooler + all the necessary piping will cost at least RM10k... usually up to 25k. Depending what type of turbo and management you use.

1JZ GTE VVTi RM9500 + RM2.5k installation charges = instant power (280hp dude!)

I guess someone will ask later "what about the weight distribution?"
this is one of the disadvantages if you install 1jz inside your altezza because you will no more get 50:50 weight distribution but back to my point up there. I cannot find any good tuners for 3s motor. if somebody know who can tune it..let me know..im also eager to put my old 3s engine inside a KE70. Although 1jz give you heavy in front parts, my car have no problem to be drifted anyways.

So my conclusion is you may choose either. there are pros and cons in both ways!

This is just my opinion and my preference. :driver:

or if you want more. you can try GOOGLE :D

Bump:

What i can see from here shawn55 just wanted to try giving his personal opinions. He also wanted give some opinions on base what the customer wants. thats why he asked the questions above. One more thing is such a terrible answer when you said "For that price I can fix a Blitz Supercharger kit inside my car" when you are not comparing an apple to an apple.
monster,

to be honest or to be simply, to me, ur advise is just something like buying a wira to transplant evo engine. What is the fun of that ? People likes altezza bcoz of the look of it and of coz the balance of the the car which is Front 50.8 and Rear 49.2 cross ratio. I haven got and 1jz altezza to check the balance ratio but soon i ll get 1 of it n check it out.

When u say worth or not worth, y not say "perfect or not perfect car ? Of coz perfect car not always depends on horsepower but overall of the car. For those who like the car with a 1jz engine, i m happy with it but only thing is how much will it effect the car handling performance ?
May i ask how many of 1jz altezza hav ever to circuit to try their car ? Try to find out how the car can perform then only say how good can it be.

But if the car only want to do some 0-400m, then it will be fine for me.

Sorry if their is any offence but i just wan to make this fair.

William from Trial Tuning

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
since toyota lexus have come out with an IS300 with a 2JZ GE 3 lit engine, my guess is they have also manage to solve the weight distribution problem as well. It has gotten good reviews both the auto n manual versions.

Bearing in mind that this 2j bugger is sooo bloody famous in the states n UK....I also want one.

sigh unfortunately our road tax is gonna kill me...

that being said...having a track 2jz gte vvti manual sounds very nice..

good day gentlemen...

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
hello gentlemen,

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=GFGcWVPDLUI

check dis out! even japanese said 'omoshiroi' means interesting if our altezza uses the 1jz.like riding a small soarer.they also said that our 3s is lack of power:bawling:

wit the 1jz in there, the handling while 'drifting' is not so good 'yet' n needs adjustments but the engine is very powerful. :driver:

cheers:wavey:

Bump: :confused:seems like the vid didn't came out.try search youtube 'tuned toyota altezza'

cheers

Bump: :confused:seems like the vid didn't came out.try search youtube 'tuned toyota altezza'

cheers

grtezza

Jul 12, 2008
bro,this video is no longer available laa...can't see it...any idea?

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
fellas ...

whatever it is ... 3s-ge ... 3s-ge(t) ... 1jz-gte ... or 2jz-gte ... sxe-10 altezza in itself is still one of the best built and best looking car

so cherish of what u have and no point arquing in such a trivial issues ... at the end of the day, it depends on one's preference

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus,

Would just like to know what you all think about the above-mentioned title?

Been hearing quite a number of debates about it.

Some say if you have good suspension (high-end brand or custom) you dont need any strut bars or brace or ARB. Then there are some who say, with bars or brace or ARB is better even thought stock suspension.

Then there are also some who said if you have a good set of suspension, putting on struts or brace or ARB is of little or no use. Some even...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience