tuner got the right to lock my fc commander?

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Good day everybody,

I would like to know does tuner got the right to lock(set password) my fc commander?

The scenario happened like this....

I planning to sent my car to respray, i don't want those paint shop ppl go n rev my car or took out for a spin. So plan to set the RPM setting (fc commander) lower to avoid them to rev my car 'kau kau'.

Found out that the fc commander been lock with password. Called the ex owner of the car how to settle it, ex owner call tuner. at 1st tuner ask me to pay money to unlock it, then later he change his mind and tell me go to reset it. If i reset it, all the data will back to normal, and later on i have to spend more money to tune it back....so troublesome....

Last time my cousin's Evo tuned at JC racing, they didn't lock with password. Any of you guys got the same experience like me?

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
some tuner will lock it to prevent some over clever driver go and change the setting without knowing what they doing:biggrin:

but if u prefer to unlock it,they can unlock it without any fee,thats what my mech do..

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
ken,

problem is he dunwan to help me to settle the problem, ask me go find other ppl to reset it. This is how they (Trial tuning) doing business....wtf man...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think they should unlock for you FOC since you are the owner of the car....and the Power FC is your property...

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
bvalve, the tuner got no rights to lock the PFC with a password that is not given to the owner. There is no such thing that you'll need to pay a fee to gain access to the password or that the tuner will reset (initialize) everything and you'll have to pay to get it retuned.

I have had a VERY bad experience with them also. I've documented my case in zth if you have not read about it.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
The only time the tuner has any right to lock your ECU is when the two of you have verbally agreed to a certain run-in period for a rebuilt engine whereby for example the first 1000km you will not exceed say 4000rpm, then the next 2000km your redline will be set to 5000rpm and so on. In that case, the tuner has the right to lock the ECU to prevent you from meddling with it and causing damage to the engine.

Otherwise, I do not see any other scenario in which the tuner has any right whatsoever to block you from accessing data (although tuned by the tuner he has been already compensated and its on your ECU) on something that is clearly your property. It's like me building a house for you as a contractor then charging you an entry fee LOL.

On a more serious note, call up the ex-owner again and ask him to get the password from Trial Tuning since they would naturally be more familiar with each other, perhaps even friends. If that fails, call up Trial Tuning and explain nicely that you are the legal owner of the car and you want to access the ECU which he has been paid to tuned at which point whatever claim he has over the map has long ceased. Therefore, you'd appreciate it if he told you how to unlock it before you go online and tell the whole world about the incident and also explore additional ways of getting what you want.

If that doesn't work, lets us know. I'm sure someone here is able to help, most are not without resources plus we have in house Mafia Lawyers with R35s who can make even kittens cry. :driver:

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
bvalve, the tuner got no rights to lock the PFC with a password that is not given to the owner. There is no such thing that you'll need to pay a fee to gain access to the password or that the tuner will reset (initialize) everything and you'll have to pay to get it retuned.

I have had a VERY bad experience with them also. I've documented my case in zth if you have not read about it.
I heard Alwyn got mention abt the case. But what the story abt i've no idea. can send me the link ah? wanan kepo a bit...hehe

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

[PIMPIN];1063737843 said:
On a more serious note, call up the ex-owner again and ask him to get the password from Trial Tuning since they would naturally be more familiar with each other, perhaps even friends. If that fails, call up Trial Tuning and explain nicely that you are the legal owner of the car and you want to access the ECU which he has been paid to tuned at which point whatever claim he has over the map has long ceased. Therefore, you'd appreciate it if he told you how to unlock it before you go online and tell the whole world about the incident and also explore additional ways of getting what you want.

If that doesn't work, lets us know. I'm sure someone here is able to help, most are not without resources plus we have in house Mafia Lawyers with R35s who can make even kittens cry. :driver:
Bro, i already called the ex-owner to help me. he said Trial tuning don't want the to give password to unlock, ask me to give other ppl to reset it....that y i'm so pissed off....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
wtf the tuner doing in such way.....if they locked it, they should unlock it without any excuses since the property not belongs to him.

if im the owner, and trial refuse to reset it at foc at all after several talks....i will ask other tuner to reset n tune it and bring the bill to tribunal court....file a case against the tuner...

he for sure gotta pay for the fee

PUTRA14

Ji
Jul 12, 2005
BT.CAVES
Just my 2cent of advise,y dont launch complaint at consumer tribunal court the fee is minimal rm5 to rm10 only,normally it could be solved fast.It is located opposite SSM registration office near PWTC or the Mall.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Trial tuning at Tmn Sg Besi?? I never never go there
Bro,

Seem like u hv bad experience with them too.....

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

wtf the tuner doing in such way.....if they locked it, they should unlock it without any excuses since the property not belongs to him.

if im the owner, and trial refuse to reset it at foc at all after several talks....i will ask other tuner to reset n tune it and bring the bill to tribunal court....file a case against the tuner...

bro,

boleh ka?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Just my 2cent of advise,y dont launch complaint at consumer tribunal court the fee is minimal rm5 to rm10 only,normally it could be solved fast.It is located opposite SSM registration office near PWTC or the Mall.
Er, dun think they will handle it...as i dun have the receipt plus this is related with the ex-owner and i just bought over the car from the ex-owner....

u know lah how good is their answer.....unless i'm some 1 else...:biggrin:

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
ken,

problem is he dunwan to help me to settle the problem, ask me go find other ppl to reset it. This is how they (Trial tuning) doing business....wtf man...
hi bvalve,

i m william from Trial Tuning. First of all, i dont get what u want from me in this topic bcoz i never receive a call from u ( of coz i dont know who r u as well )

Secondly, if u want me to unlock the password, u shud come to my shop to do that and of coz it is FOC. I guess no tuner will ever give their password to anyone since it is a "password".

One more thing i want to remind u, if u never call me before and just ask simply ask someone to inform on behalf of u, u have no right to flame me.

tq

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

hi huakenny,

The ECU cannot be lock, i only locked the the tuning data that i tuned. Lets say if someone want to retune it or do something else like copy the mapping, any tuner who have to tuning tools can reset it and tune it again.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Hi william,

yes, i nvr call u b4 as i don't know u at all. All the while i ask the ex-owner of my car to contact u and he told me that u not going to give the password and ask me to give some one else to reset it...in fact the sms still with me.

I ask the ex-owner to get the password from u due to i wanna respray the car, and im staying out of kl area. That the problem i cannot simply come down to kl.....

If u don't mind, can u pm me your contact number for me to call u? Thank.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Yeap...dah settled Kenny...and thx for the type R bov.

William called me just now and explained to me. Some misunderstanding between 3 of us... appologized to everyone. So i consider is a close file....:)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience