Skyline tuners i need advice..

sc500z

Known Member
Nov 12, 2008
hi guys,

i am considering to buy GTR 34 Vspec year 2000 unreg. There are few things that i am not sure of and i need some word of advice from you guys:

1. The mileage of the car is 70,000 plus, is there anything that i should be aware of/check, for example the turbine or gearbox need to be change or service?

2. The V spec version that i am looking at has no defuser at the front and back, is it the spec?

3. Does anyone knows how much if i were to upgrade the turbine, hks for example?

4. Any other advice?

Your reply will be much appreciated. Just need some advice from the experts...
Thanks and cheers happy new year.!

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
1. mileage can be faked,
2. v-spec if i m not mistaken have front and back diffuser, ask for discount then.
3. depend on how big u want ur turbine u will need around 5k-10k to spend, after changin ur turbine be prepare for other surprises as u need to change other parts in order to support ur turbine, for instance ur oil pump, intercooler,gasket, brakes, etc.
4. hks will cost u more than 5k, if money is not an issue then go for hks
5. before buying the car i highly recommend u to send the car for checking from any reputable car workshop that u can find.
6. welcome to the club.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
he's right, there should definitely be diffusers if it's a genuine Vspec.
just to be safe, when starting the car, and all the lights on the dashboard come on, check if it has 'A-LSD'.
Vspecs have Active LSD's... the standard GT-R doesnt.

for the basic stuff, DarkChild has a got it down here :
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-malaysian-skyline-club/197650-buying-a-gtr.html

as for the turbo's...if you're planning on changing turbines, i highly recommend you change your ECU, injectors and upgrade your fuelling system as well for best results. it ain't cheap man! hahaha

also when buying your car, check for clutch wear/slip...esp if the car has had a HP boost (boost controller, ecu change yadda yadda) as i noticed the stock clutch doesnt last long with such mods...

sc500z

Known Member
Nov 12, 2008
Thanks guys, are there a lot of skyline -rs in KL. My home town is in KL but currently i am staying in JB. Would like to check out the cars man..Sometimes i travel up to KL but can hardly see R34 instead i saw a lot of Z's flooding KL roads....

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
if u mean klang valley, there r really a lot of r34 around. gtr34 are not daily car so u wouldnt see much on the road especially at working hour. owners wouldnt like to be stuck in traffic jam and getting sore left leg as a result of the heavy clutch. if u want to c a lot of tis car then go to sunway as a lot is laying there for modification or tuning. of course u saw a lot of Zs cause there r meant for daily drive.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
i bump into a lot of GT-Rs! haha

i notice there are a lot of new owners, especially in the past couple of months... which is cool

oh....and we usually come out prowling at night.....

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
there r only about 65000 of r34 ever produced in the world if wikipedia's info is correct, in malaysia if we can have 1% of them all we have only about 650 of them which i think is more or less the figure. and starting last year no more import for tis car was allowed unless u have a very good cable with the custom department which i think is possible in malaysia. newcomers like me only brought over from the previous owners who r probably upgrading to better cars. so gtr34owners will not increase but merely changing hands. existing owners like me will probably sell it in the future after getting tired with it, who knows, but in the meantime i m enjoying my ride and selling it never cross my mind.

NomeXX

Jan 3, 2007
....rear diffuser is going to cost you quite abit, make sure they give it you or give you a hefty discount

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Before buying the car, open the oil cap and check is there any "deposit" around it or not. OR pull out the oil level checking stick and see whether is clean or dirty. If dirty and there are some "deposit" around it, then forget about the car! Soon or later the whole RB26 will say good bye to you!!
Upgrade the turbo, you will need to change the ECU and get it re tune and re map again. Beside, if you go bellow 500ps on wheels, depending on the engine condition, you might not need to change any gasket, seal or anything else. Before all that, get the engine to go thru compression test and the report will tell you the engine condition is it fit for upgrade or not and need to change anything for the upgrade or not.
V Spec come with front and rear diffuser, make sure the dealer give you this or else ask for better discount as it aint cheap brother!!:rofl:

S

semperfi

You sure there's no front n back diffuser? Very seldom you can find GTRs without diffusers.

S

semperfi

unless its a GTT with GTR bodykit
Yup, and swapped with a RB26DETT engine... Nothing is impossible nowadays...

It's fairly simple, No diffusers and if you have doubts... don't buy it. Go look around... plenty more choices...

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
stock GT-R (non Vspec versions) dont have diffusers, and some car's might have their rear diffusers removed to make way for a larger exhaust

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody tell me the piston size for 4g91, 4g92 sohc, dohc,mivec, 4g93. Is it possible to rebore 4g91 block to fit in 4g93 piston? Any side effect or other parts need to change? Really appreciate u guys help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience