Tufoil Review

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
Hello Stan and Tom,
Good review man,I want to buy one but 2 questions only:
1)Does this Tuffoil stuff last for a few oil changes or have to use for every oil change?

2)Suitable for turbocharged cars?I noticed most Engine additivies does not state..turbocharger friendly.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Great to hear of a local review for Tufoil. A first timer most certainly and thanks Tom & ZTH for you have fulfilled your obligation to your readers by putting Tufoil to the test.

How we wished you had an emission test done as well. Using a 4-exhaust gas analyser, one would be able to see that both carbon monoxide (CO) and Hydrocarbon (HC) levels drop drastically with the use of Tufoil. This is because the use of Tufoil makes engines run very efficiently and hence combustion is more complete. Efficient engines also use less fuel. So, what is there to grumble about the hike in petrol prices.

Tufoil has a synthetic oil base and not mineral, Mr. Bothusai.

Where lubrication quality is poor and unable to withstand high heat, turbo chargers are counting time before they end up in the scrapyards. Watch the videos at ACE HARDWARE stores on the four-ball test as done by the US-government's own test labs. It is 16 days against minutes for most brands. This is the kind of punishment your bearings get inside the engine. No wonder there is power loss in traffic jams.

We say here again as Tom tells why some cakes tastes better than others. Tufoil is highly respected for the technology. When you buy Tufoil you know you are buying something that comes from a lubrications scientist, Mr. Franklin Reick. You are not buying from a faceless factory or a marketing company. Mr. Reick's technical expertise has been on the line for nearly 3 decades. He is in the Inventors Hall of fame alongside Thomas Edison.

Tufoil was created for the environment more specifically for reduced emissions in vehicles and for the use of less fuels. There is no time for gimmicks.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I just bought a Tufoil, it doesnt matter right if I pour engine oil in first or the tufoil first .. is the same right? so after pouring in both tufoil and engine oil let the engine run for 5 minutes then only drive the car? :unsure: .. And, for the first time using tufoil, pour in the whole bottle right? 2nd, 3rd, 4th service and so on just pour half of it? Can use twice lo for 1 bottle. :rolleyes: is this correct?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Let us know your location and we will let you know the nearest place you can buy the award-winnining Tufoil.

You may pour in Tufoil before or after filling in the engine oil.

There is no need for warm up. Just drive it and have fun.

First time users use 1 whole bottle. After that, a minimum of half.

We always encourage new users to watch the Tufoil videos. Vist ACE HARDWARES stores. They also sell car care and motor oils there.

YellowSpy

Known Member
Aug 14, 2004
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Visit site
Added Tufoil into my roadster (TOYOTA MRS) and "whoalla" it was revived just as if I've just done an oil change, IF NOT EVEN BETTER THAT A FRESH OIL CHANGE..... ;)

This stuff is worth the money spent!!! :D

Tufoil was added into my engine at 1530 KM after my last oil change. I felt the difference straight away the moment I went back on the wheels. As everyone knows driving a MID ENGINE car you'll get to hear every little cranny & clicks that goes on in the engine which is just inches away from your back. Here's what I have to say;-

1) Engine was a whole lot quieter.

2) Smoother transmition.

3) Increased torque & power at the low to mid RPM, engine feels lighter & smoother.

4) Engine temp was cooler which proves that there is now less friction in the engine.

It just got better and better after some run in time.... So I RED LINED the car for the whole night and BOY!! it really felt as if I just bought a life assurance for my machine!!! :lol:

Felt really confident taking the car to the limits....... Good Stuff!! Cheers...

phoenixpower

Aug 12, 2004
Question:-

If this product is really that good, why don't manufacturers recommend their usage?

and, why don't oil companies (e.g Shell, Mobil1) venture into the oil additive business?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by phoenixpower@Oct 8 2004, 18:12
Question:-

If this product is really that good, why don't manufacturers recommend their usage?

and, why don't oil companies (e.g Shell, Mobil1) venture into the oil additive business?
reason :

cost.

it's the same as: why not car manufacturer put in adjustable suspensions? it's better what..

methinks it's company policy and whatever additive, is done and added with their own oil.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Hi Focalpoint,

Let say my engine uses 3.6 Litre of engine oil.After i pour in my engine oil of
3.6 Litre then only i add 1 bottle of Tufoil? Then my engine oil + Tufoil surely will
over the maximum level of my dipstick?

Please advice as im planning to try it next month.

Thanks.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Those with the fear of overfilling their crankcase, they should pour in the Tufoil first.

Remember to tell mechanic not to overfill. Best to fill up to mid-point or 3/4 point on dipstick at workshop.

It is a very good practice top up yourself - to maximum mark on dipstick the next morning when engine is still cold.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Hi, oh silly me i don't know its 200ml... :D

Okay, so basically i add in Tufoil 1st before engine oil is the best practice.
So guys, either way i won't overflow it i see.
And have to top up to maksimum mark the next morning?

Does Tufoil works best in all engine oil? Eg. mineral,semi or fully synthetic as well.
What type of oils are you guys using with Tufoil? I have been using fully synthetic all the time & am using Castrol RS Fully now.

Planning to use semi synthetic in the next service coz if i use back fully it will over RM200 everytime i changed my oil at 4500-5000km with Tufoil added.

Focalpoint,Ninja .. What oil are you guys using with Tufoil?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
All our cars and those of close friends were run on Argent 10W30 mineral oils from America for almost 7 years. Don't know where to get this now though. One full bottle of Tufoil was added at every oil change.

One guy using this lub package was pleasantly surprised to see his cylinder walls in perfect condition after more than 6 years and there was no need to replace the piston rings!!

Next, we started using Petronas semi-syn 15W40. But we found the Petronas fully syn 5W50 1000 ( now obsolete and probably out of circulation ) slightly better with Tufoil. Nonetheless, for both lub packages, we discovered that peak power and smoothness came in when it was 4000-5000km into the oil change. And regardless of this, we went ahead for the oil change at 5000km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my mech told me about this. upgrade standard kelisa piston to this piston, the head is curved inward like a mangkuk shape so creating more space for extra air and fuel than our curved outward standard piston so every stroke got more power

this way is more economical for small budget engine mod coz no need to rebore, the diameter and size exactly the same. for standard car this mod will be good enough for most daily drivers.

anyone tried this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience