piston with "bowl" shaped head

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
my mech told me about this. upgrade standard kelisa piston to this piston, the head is curved inward like a mangkuk shape so creating more space for extra air and fuel than our curved outward standard piston so every stroke got more power

this way is more economical for small budget engine mod coz no need to rebore, the diameter and size exactly the same. for standard car this mod will be good enough for most daily drivers.

anyone tried this?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think what you are referring to are low compression piston. It doesn't suck more air-fuel into the engine. It just lowers the compression. The way to increase the effective displacement of an NA engine is to either bore it out or stroke it out with a stroker kit which usually involves the replacement of the crankshaft.

Those low compression piston are used for forced induction cars when they need to lower their compression ration for safety. If you use in on your normal engine, your power and torque will suffer significantly due to lower compression.

Should get a second opinion from another mech man...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
if u need power, it should be the other way around.. compress more air/fuel into a tight space, giving it a bigger force during combustion.. not by giving air/fuel more space, then the combustion force will be lower than your current set up..

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
why ur mech want to decrease your compression ratio? r u plan to install bolt-on turbo on your ride? if not, it will only make ur compression pressure worse/lower than stock which mean less power + more fuel consumption.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
totally agree with all veloc,hachi,c99d

:adore: :biggrin:

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
blacklist that mechanic ! LOL
fortunately you asked around bro.
oh my goodness, luckily i did haha

if u need power, it should be the other way around.. compress more air/fuel into a tight space, giving it a bigger force during combustion.. not by giving air/fuel more space, then the combustion force will be lower than your current set up..
thanks for the useful info bro, what should i do to get more compression?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
get a bolt on turbo/supercharger..

trust me, it will satisfy your hunger for power

:driver:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
oh my goodness, luckily i did haha

thanks for the useful info bro, what should i do to get more compression?

to get more comp, u can either get a high compression piston or change your head gasket to a thinner one.. or like cherry-tree mechs say "potong head" which is cheaper than changing pistons..

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
what to do to increase compression for N/A? hahhahaa.. i like this topic. first, piston shape, head gasket thickness, and combustion chamber shape is determine your compression ratio (CR). higher CR, but small amount of air/fuel mixture go in, u still got lower compression pressure inside combustion chamber. so, 2nd step is increase your volumetric efficiency (VE). less restricted air-box, bigger throttle body, intake manifold, port n polish and last one is your extractor. all this setting must be ngam to get the best volumetric efficiency (bigger not always better). good tuner must know all this. when u already got best VE and u also have higher CR, then you already have higher compression pressure and your N/A must be more powerful and no more RON95 for u after that. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u ready to pour every single drop of your money to fill your tank with ron97 petrol only after increase compression???? :biggrin:

if u want to install that "kawah"/"bowl" piston be ready with bolt on turbo kit next on the list.... thats where the real power came from the piston change :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience