Tufoil in the new 2.4 ACCORD..

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
I was told that the new 2.4 i-vtec engine has alot of sensors which are sensitive within the engine. I was wondering if it'll mess them up? Anyone tried it? I don't wanna clogged those Vtec sensors up.....

Had been a long time of tufoil in my older accord with a 2.0 non vtec engine so this is totally new.....

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
The newer cars in the high end category like Mercedes and some others are equipped with the FSS ( flexible service system ) onboard software where the decision to change oil is determined by the computer and not by the visual condition of the oil or mileage. Here they use a piezoelectric sensor in the crankcase that sense the quality of the oil and reads it as it's dielectric constant.Some people follows this while some will still stick to the 5,000 or 10,000 interval.

When engines run cooler such sensors or any other electronic sensors will stay in service longer. Higher oil temperatures promote evaporation and oil degradation.Unless the car is equipped with a oil temp gauge it is not possible to read the oil temperature. The Citroen ZX 16V is one such car. With Tufoil in one of the cars we inspected the oil temperature stays between 80-95 celsius. This is good.

We know of one Accord 2.4 that is still purring with Tufoil after it left the showroom some 2 years ago.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
The newer cars in the high end category like Mercedes and some others are equipped with the FSS ( flexible service system ) onboard software where the decision to change oil is determined by the computer and not by the visual condition of the oil or mileage. Here they use a piezoelectric sensor in the crankcase that sense the quality of the oil and reads it as it's dielectric constant.Some people follows this while some will still stick to the 5,000 or 10,000 interval.

When engines run cooler such sensors or any other electronic sensors will stay in service longer. Higher oil temperatures promote evaporation and oil degradation.Unless the car is equipped with a oil temp gauge it is not possible to read the oil temperature. The Citroen ZX 16V is one such car. With Tufoil in one of the cars we inspected the oil temperature stays between 80-95 celsius. This is good.

We know of one Accord 2.4 that is still purring with Tufoil after it left the showroom some 2 years ago.

purring is one thing but working to its fullest potential is another. My concern primarily is the oil pressure sensor where it'll activate the Vtec mechanism as per se......my mechanic told me that it's a small hole where the oil rushes through it and if the hole is stuck, Vtec will not be engaged. I did not have any sludge problem with my prev car. In fact, the crankcase was clean each time I open the oil cap. Point is, seeing that you're confident. I would take it that it's okie to use it across all i-vtec engines? Any guarantees? :)

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
We absolutely have no idea or technical info that an oil pressure switch is designed to trigger full power in a Vtec circuit. All oil pressure switches have holes large enough for motor oil to get in and out to register a reading.Sludge, pollutants and microscopic metallic debris from engine wear and tear will pose more danger to such switches in the event that the holes are indeed very small.We hate to do guesswork neither to we like to be a victim of hearsay where the blind leads the blind.Only the designer of the Vtec system knows the technical tolerances that cause a switch to fail.

We share your pleasant surprise that your engine is quite clean and free from sludge and speaking as a Tufoil user. Nobody likes their engines to wear out. When you work to derive more power from an engine you will certainly need to protect it too.It's never a one way street.Too much power without the added protection, it is straight to the car tomb.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
focalpoint,
so u have any tufoil user who drive honda B16A VTEC, nissan sr16ve with valve lift, toyota celica 1.8 VVTL-i car?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
We have many customers using cars like these.Many of them are also zth members.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Focalpoint....care to explain this article that I came across?? I really don't like to believe it.......

extracted from ToyotaOffRoad.com - Our Trucks Are Better Than Yours!

"Oil additives, you know the ones that almost everyone has tried and most
have not seen much difference, Yea those. Let?s talk about what is really
in them and what they can do to your engine.

There are hundreds of oil additives on the market. Some say that they will
reduce your mileage, or reduce your wear, or reduce your oil consumption,
and some even say that you can run your engine without any oil after
treating your engine with their miracle cure additive.

The truth is that there are 4 types of oil additives.

Solvent is one and it only cleans out deposits left by using a poor oil.
If you use a good oil you should not need to use a solvent in your engine.
Think about it, there is many places in your engine that don?t drain all
the oil out of. You know the small little valleys that hold the oil and
doesn?t drain oil. That still has the solvent it them and will contaminate
your new fresh oil. Solvent will clean out your engine but at what cost?
Solvent is made to break down oils and I for one would never use a solvent
in my engine because it would start to break down my new fresh oil and
reduce the oils ability to properly lubricate my engine.

PTFE is another one. This additive has plugged up filters has an ability
to build up on itself and affect tolerances in your engine. It only has a
500 deg F. temperature range and only holds up to 5,000 psi. Moly has a
650 deg F. temperature range and holds up to 400,000 psi. Some oils have
moly in them and if you were to put the PTFE in your engine with the moly,
you would be diluting the quality of an average oil

Chlorinated paraffin?s is the most popular additive. They show how their
oil will perform in a pressure test that has a torque wrench that puts
pressure on a bearing and a round but rough surface that is turning in the
test oil. They show how by adding their oil the wear is greatly reduced.
This can be done with household bleach but you would not want to put any
of that in your engine because it?s corrosive. The Chlorinated paraffin?s
are also corrosive to the light metals in your engine. The lead in your
engine bearings is subject to corrosion or acids that can build up. When
the chlorinated paraffin?s come in contact with moisture okind they turn into hydrochloric acid and can become acidic to the lead in
your bearings. So the reduction in wear shown by the torque wrench test is
only one realm of wear that goes on inside your engine. Acidic or
corrosion wear is another type and that is why I would never use an
additive containing any type of chlorinated product.

The last type of additive is just a SAE 20 or 30 wt that has the same
additives your engine oil comes with in the first place. In some cases
there seems to be no thought to what might happen if there are to many
additives and the oils additive balance is thrown off by throwing a bunch
of everything in your oil. This is the additive type that is least harmful
but I would recommend against using it also."

cheers....

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
There are always people with an opinion, i.e. their own original piece. Some will just echo the opinion of others much like a sounding board. And others are always on the lookout for an opinion.

Here we just keep our scope on ptfe since Tufoil has between 1 - 5% ptfe by weight.This is not to say that the Toyota guy is talking about Tufoil. As a matter of fact he is obviously disturbed by the hundreds of brands in the market place and the advertising pitch is so intense these days that a kitchen rat ultimately morphs into a tiger thanks to clever deception and you are immediately turned over.The question is can all these brands work?

To answer this question a manufacturer has to conduct some extensive R & D and be able to eventually come up with a technical blueprint. The R & D for Tufoil was some 10 years before the product was eventually marketed.Further, after the product was highly sought after by motor enthusiasts in USA, the high integrity Popular Mechanics magazine ( celebrating 100 years ) ran tests on Tufoil for a duration of 2 years.And it's " Absolutely spectacular " says the magazine as it gave the thumbs up for Tufoil. On the strength of tests like those done by Popular, Tufoil soon achieved cult status. For when Popular says YES it is a YES. On the other hand, a NO is a NO like what they said when they tested 5 fuel-saving products some months ago.

The USA government through its National Institute of Standards and Technology ( something like SIRIM ) tested Tufoil and discoverd that Tufoil has the lowest rate of wear for a lubricant. Tufoil's coefficient of friction was only 0.029!! The truth is that it isn't just about mixing ptfe into engine oil to get this fantastic result. For anybody can try this at home or even in a billion dollar lab. But can the result be 0.029? Amusing isn't it?

The Canadian government also tested Tufoil and found that there was a savings of 5.5% for diesels and a 10% increase in cranking speed in cold regions.

The point is that governments do not test something that is nonsence.

There are already thousands of Tufoil users here even though there is no TV advertisement to support it. These thousands join the great numbers elsewhere and also industrial Gen Sets ( costing millions ) owners, Hydro Electric power stations in New Zealand and even tugboat owners in New York port. If there is indeed no real benefit from using Tufoil, why are they insisting on using it all these years.

Tufoil with nano technology does not clog oil filters. Sludge and slag ( iron filings ) from running prolonged high oil temperatures and high friction do. It is no surprise that we hear reports of Tufoil users who found their engine internals amazingly clean after long periods of use.This proves that engine oil enhanced with Tufoil works in your favour.

Tufoil has the R & D. In fact it leads in the field of lubrication technology. Unfortunately the technology is highly complex and much cherished but has yet been duplicated till now. This technology has been awarded 12 patents and you can see the registered numbers on the paper box. Try looking for patents like these on supermarket shelves. They sure are hard to come by.

Cheers.

Last edited:

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
New question......Can tufoil be used with full synthetic ester base oil?? I'm thinking on changing my oil to chemlube and it's ester base. Would it break something???

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil has up to 10% ester as a base.Pls do report back if you get good performance from this combination.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
used in confidence & trust, everything will be as good as u ask for....on the other side, nothing good...and even the product is really good, but u won't get it...

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
So.......no one actually tried it?? LOL. I'm afraid it'll not go well with the ester base oil.......

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
So.......no one actually tried it?? LOL. I'm afraid it'll not go well with the ester base oil.......
Vtec or i-Vtec r not really difren from any others. using oil press to engage the Vtec, ester or else maintain the press stability & the mol r stronger than any. wats really bother u??? cheerz dude, there will be no prob. my VTEC using for damn long... even fren's K20AR oso using...

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm afraid that the tufoil will break the chemical bonds in the ester base oil and make it less effective than before adding. That's what troubling me. Else, I won't have an issue with it.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
pillage2001,
since JINEIL2EN has been using it for so long i think it is safe. at first i also scared the tufoil will block the valve timing system mechanism(Vtec,VVTI).
anywhere i dont use tufoil cozs i am looking for sth that can improve FC.

JINEIL2EN,
do ur FC improve after using tufoil?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car is vios 07..i wanna to change a sport air filter..but the the ori air filter got a sorket..so im not sure can it change or not..
the air filter that i wan to change is in the photo...

can the sensor take out from the ori intake pipping??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience