tuffoil vs engine oil vicosity

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Im a heavy user of tuffoil since i own 3 cars and one mpv for the family. It really smooths out my engine and promote better acceleration. Nowadays im trying Bardahl fully synthetic engine 5w30 for my waja seems there are lots of recommendation for it. However some of my forman claims that tuffoil will increase the vicosity of the engine oil since it's really high in vicosity and sticky. Therefore, i would like to clarify bout this issue..Issit tuffoil need to increase the engine oil vicosity in order to giving better protection?

Guys wats ur opinion? brother focal point, may i know ur point of view as well?thanks

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil works well across a broad range of oil viscosities.It will not cause oils to thicken unlike others.It wasn't created for that purpose.

Oil thickeners are sold for just a fraction of the price. The thing about Tufoil is that it will enhance the speed of oil travel as it cuts down on friction caused by oil shearing.Oil thickeners will just do the opposite.For those who belong to the fast lane and constantly keeping their revs up, this faster oil speed is important.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

searching for answers here.... as im still green in the whole modding buisness....

im driving a wira 1.6xli Millenium Ed. after a month of driving the car i had a problem where the mechanic said i had to change the engine(till today i still dont know whether he was telling the truth..) so i agreed and opted for a 4g93 mitsu engine as he said it would be cheaper than trying to replace it with another 4g92 proton engine.... total cost of the procedure is RM1200(is this cheap or expansive?)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience