truth and facts about extractors

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
I went to an exhaust shop today, and wanted to get a hotbits 4-2-1 extractor.

The shop fellow showed me a used hotbits extractor for 1 year, and it was slightly crack, the air flow can't go through nicely...and the metal, my god...it was damn THIN. The quality of the metal is just like a scrap metal.

Besides that, he showed me Powerzone's extractor, it was only used for around 1.5year, and the cracking was quite obvious, but i dunno about u guys' one...

both of the extractors above are using thin metal and lousy metals which i think most of the forummers should agree. I don't mean much but it depends on u. Just my opinion on these branded extractors which can costs u a bomb. I eventually went for a custom made extractor, which costs me quite a lot, but still it's mandrel bent and yet the thickness of the extractor is thick. The performance wise, no doubt better than any of those 2.

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
I'm using Powerzone extractor for almost 1 year, the first time i looked it the build quaility is much better then cap ayam extractor. No problem so far, good performance, good mid/top end (where I put that old dyno sheet eh ..). Maybe I'll open the extractor and take a look?

thteh86, is ur custom-made extractor is made with similar shape to Powerzone/Hotbits extractor? I've never heard of Hotbits/Powerzone extractor cracking after 1 year ...

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
dude...u went to a shop...selling hotbits extractors...the guy then shows you spoilt xtractors..which haf been used for a year? :huh: :huh: :huh: then how does he actually sell ppl these xtractors???coz he's obviously showing the faulty-ness of his items..!! is it me or is this all wrong??

neway..about your xtractor material.that cant be possible.even factory xtractors last better and you should expect better quality from aftermarket items.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
turbo manifold crack or vtec high manifold cracked at high rpm i heard..
this story tak dengar la

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
maybe i should be more specific, it's not all....it's quite a lot, cause the thickness of the steel is damn thin. And I've drove a car with a PZ extractor b4, but not a hotbits one...so far, i'm very satisfied with my custom made one.

And by the way, L2, nobody will sell faulty stuffs and don't tell me there's no exhaust shop which takes 2nd hand stuffs as junk there. And i'm very sure that quite a lot of Hotbits owners suffer the same problem about cracking. I won't say that to PZ cause I haven't seen any of my friends complaining but there's a few hotbits owner which has complaint. But I can confirm with u, the steel and the bending is totally low quality, thin and the bending is nasty.

And if u're trying to just prove that factory made extractors are better than these cap ayams...yeah i believe. :) But have u ever heard that ppl spending more on custom made extractors and having better performance than those extractors. I do hear that b4... All i can tell u is that, my extractor's steel is thick and it's mandrel bent. The design is slightly different from PZ and hotbits. I can confirm that the length is different.

And this topic is meant to be a healthy debate, anybody can post as long as there's no stupid replies(trying to quarrel) without much evidence with stupid comments. Thanks and no offence to those who is offended... sorry

sycay

Oct 26, 2004
i just wanna ask some opinions from u all bout my extractor designation in my putra. currently i'm runnign up a stock extractor 4-2-1.

but, i found that the 4 portion which is connected to the 2 portion was too short. so, here i'm going to remake the 4 protion of my extractor by elongate it a few inches(6 inches)...

so, here..any consequences due from the designation???

and, stainless steel or normal pipe is noisier?? bcos i wanna make the sound again louder like boxter engine's sound.

thanks!

wajaf4p1800

Feb 15, 2005
thteh86,

bro, where did u do ur custom made extractor? i also want to custom made mine coz very difficult get an aftermarket one...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
im using Rimus extractor from this exhaust shop at ss5.....even though the brand abit cap ayam..but its actually a 90%+ imitation from the original Remus.....so far so good...not giving me any probs.....quality wise dunno ler...havent crack so far......

anyways thteh86..where did u custom make urs? maybe i'd like to custom make one after the current one im using 'kong' hehehe

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
it isn't really custom made cause the extractor i'm using is already custom made... Rimus isn't cap ayam. But it is actually some branded extractor like hotbits and PZ, but the steel is also damn thin.

U can custom made at Jian Hang. But the place i went is actually ss2/2 Lai Exhaust opposite tmn megah, custom made extractor from Taiwan for 4G15, mandrel bent very nicely, and the thickness is very nice. The shop actually featured in Hypertune b4.

I suggest u go do at Jian Hang, a bit pricy though, but satisfied workmanship. He charges me around 500 for 4G15. He too complains extractors like Hotbits

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
500~!?!?!?!? /me faints :(

dammit now that is expensive for a 1.5....as long as you are happy with it and feeling it.....cheers :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Are these RM500 extractors lenght tuned and flow tested?

How long are the primary runners before merging into the collector?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thteh86 : its just a business trick .. dint u tink bout that ?
he doesnt sell hotbits or any others.. makes his own one..

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
he does sell hotbits's extractor and in fact i was getting the extractor till i saw the crack.

And i did try with a pz extractor b4. The performance is slightly better than the powerzone tuned length extractor, and i'm still using my stock piping which isn't the best piping still. Maybe different ppl has different point of view though.

And joeker, it is tuned length but so far i haven't see anybody tested b4 cause it is quite expensive, i'm not using his... But so far, i have enquired about the Everco's extractor, non-mandrel bent and yet messy extractor, selling at a very high price. Powerzone, no downpipe at 410, hotbits mid range rev and not so much performance at 340, ppl are still willing to go for all these places and try. Example powerzone, they are giving a good product(from some forummers), and selling at a very high price where i think it isn't worth it for the material they are using...but yet, many are still going. So why don't i give a try rite?

and for 500 i don't know whether is it stainless steel or not, but i think not. Cause some shops selling the taiwan brand extractor for around 650 4-2-1 stainless steel extractor.

And mine, he's giving 2 years warranty for my extractor. Hotbits won't give it for crack but he does. I don't know about Powerzone though..

Jay5

Known Member
May 4, 2004
Visit site
i think he was indirectly promoting his "custom made extractors" by showing you that even well known brands are susceptible to cracks and fair enough maybe he has gone a lil further to make his thicker which no one really knows if thickness is really the reason why extractors crack. for all you know he could have purportedly cracked the hotbits/powerzone just to sell his one better?....hahah...i'm just guessing its purely marketing strategy...

just for the record...has any hotbits or powerzone extractor users here have had their extractors cracked? i've been using hotbits for 3 yrs and still am....and well no crack at all... :)

its pretty subjective really...any product is bound to spoil anyway anyhow....

blower

Sep 20, 2004
KAJANG
Visit site
Originally posted by Jay5@Mar 15 2005, 07:43
i think he was indirectly promoting his "custom made extractors" by showing you that even well known brands are susceptible to cracks and fair enough maybe he has gone a lil further to make his thicker which no one really knows if thickness is really the reason why extractors crack. for all you know he could have purportedly cracked the hotbits/powerzone just to sell his one better?....hahah...i'm just guessing its purely marketing strategy...

just for the record...has any hotbits or powerzone extractor users here have had their extractors cracked? i've been using hotbits for 3 yrs and still am....and well no crack at all... :)

its pretty subjective really...any product is bound to spoil anyway anyhow....
using this kind of stuff since 2002 till now with no problem at all

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
well... i did my extractor for a cheaper price than PZ and cheaper than the price in speedworks, and the performance wise is better than PZ, i can gurrantee that.

the cracking, erm...so far i have heard a few friends suffered from the cracking, maybe just unlucky i guess, but I've enquired a few shops and all of the are condemning hotbits for selling overprice and so does powerzone for the material they use.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys!

This happened to me about a month plus ago. I was working late in the office at Dataran Sunway. It was 3am plus so i thought i just sleep over which is what i always do. I got a call at about 7 plus from a guy who says he is the area's security. He told me my car has been broken into. I rushed out to see my passenger side glass has been shatered. My HU, Amps, woofer, speakers Smart tag, Engine management, boost controller, Defi meter & controller & even the farker took the time to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience