truth and facts about extractors

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thteh86 : its just a business trick .. dint u tink bout that ?
he doesnt sell hotbits or any others.. makes his own one..

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
he does sell hotbits's extractor and in fact i was getting the extractor till i saw the crack.

And i did try with a pz extractor b4. The performance is slightly better than the powerzone tuned length extractor, and i'm still using my stock piping which isn't the best piping still. Maybe different ppl has different point of view though.

And joeker, it is tuned length but so far i haven't see anybody tested b4 cause it is quite expensive, i'm not using his... But so far, i have enquired about the Everco's extractor, non-mandrel bent and yet messy extractor, selling at a very high price. Powerzone, no downpipe at 410, hotbits mid range rev and not so much performance at 340, ppl are still willing to go for all these places and try. Example powerzone, they are giving a good product(from some forummers), and selling at a very high price where i think it isn't worth it for the material they are using...but yet, many are still going. So why don't i give a try rite?

and for 500 i don't know whether is it stainless steel or not, but i think not. Cause some shops selling the taiwan brand extractor for around 650 4-2-1 stainless steel extractor.

And mine, he's giving 2 years warranty for my extractor. Hotbits won't give it for crack but he does. I don't know about Powerzone though..

Jay5

Known Member
May 4, 2004
Visit site
i think he was indirectly promoting his "custom made extractors" by showing you that even well known brands are susceptible to cracks and fair enough maybe he has gone a lil further to make his thicker which no one really knows if thickness is really the reason why extractors crack. for all you know he could have purportedly cracked the hotbits/powerzone just to sell his one better?....hahah...i'm just guessing its purely marketing strategy...

just for the record...has any hotbits or powerzone extractor users here have had their extractors cracked? i've been using hotbits for 3 yrs and still am....and well no crack at all... :)

its pretty subjective really...any product is bound to spoil anyway anyhow....

blower

Sep 20, 2004
KAJANG
Visit site
Originally posted by Jay5@Mar 15 2005, 07:43
i think he was indirectly promoting his "custom made extractors" by showing you that even well known brands are susceptible to cracks and fair enough maybe he has gone a lil further to make his thicker which no one really knows if thickness is really the reason why extractors crack. for all you know he could have purportedly cracked the hotbits/powerzone just to sell his one better?....hahah...i'm just guessing its purely marketing strategy...

just for the record...has any hotbits or powerzone extractor users here have had their extractors cracked? i've been using hotbits for 3 yrs and still am....and well no crack at all... :)

its pretty subjective really...any product is bound to spoil anyway anyhow....
using this kind of stuff since 2002 till now with no problem at all

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
well... i did my extractor for a cheaper price than PZ and cheaper than the price in speedworks, and the performance wise is better than PZ, i can gurrantee that.

the cracking, erm...so far i have heard a few friends suffered from the cracking, maybe just unlucky i guess, but I've enquired a few shops and all of the are condemning hotbits for selling overprice and so does powerzone for the material they use.

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
yo.... chill guys
well, HB extractor r prone to crack and u'll not believe it till u hear the engine sounds like a boxer engine 1 day :lol:

najibkl

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
www.protonclub.com
Originally posted by mengz@Mar 14 2005, 16:30
im using Rimus extractor from this exhaust shop at ss5.....even though the brand abit cap ayam..but its actually a 90%+ imitation from the original Remus.....so far so good...not giving me any probs.....quality wise dunno ler...havent crack so far......

anyways thteh86..where did u custom make urs? maybe i'd like to custom make one after the current one im using 'kong' hehehe
I'm using Rimus extractor also. Until a year there's no crack at all. Everyweek i check.

How come u said Rimus " abit cap ayam" ? I got warranty

guest18

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
IM not saying the hotbit stuff is fake

but just beware there is a lot of seller trying to earn more money and make pirated stuff ...

patricksom

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
malacca
hey guys....

actually im considering to change my extractor after i saw a dude on net seeling a extractor brand call Zenden.well this extractor come in chrome,anybody knows abt it?mind to share?

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
hello... :) my proton saga Lmst 1.3 ady have stock muffler ady loud wan...
if i change to powerzone 4-2-1 extractor .. hotbits mid , but i keep my ori muffler .. will it have any bad effects ..?
or suggest i change muffler also ..?

coz if reli not much difference wan then i think i just wanna do the 4-2-1 extractor at PowerZone enough lor..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To install an average size tail pipe , since the skirting is blocking the tail pipe,i can't install the tail pipe,it will be half way out , therefore , i can't install it perfectly..In addition , the orginal exhaust pipe from the muffler is too long..

So,How to DIY??

1) How do i cut the skirting(PU)?..What tools should i use..??

2) Can i cut the exhaust pipe to shorten it??Will it have any effect??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience