Toyota Prado Inclinometer

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
I own Toyota Prado Yr 98'. My inclinometer was not visible at day time as the internal lamination is almost shrink and it is fucntioniong well in night with lights. I decided to open up the device and wanted to check if I can replace the lamination piece. As I open the units and the front cover, the lamination was alomost drop into pieces and its like Tinted material which has shrink due to heat so I clean it away as it was on the surface of a mirror. I attached another layer of tinted film and fix it back. I turn it on the unit and only the light appeared but nothing else. I beleive the Tinted film which orginally attached has go to do something with display. I need help and advise me hot to solve my problem. Thanks

I have attached photos and diagram for your reference. Thanks 830672.png

Inclinometer.jpg

:banghead:

Dec 29, 2010
Kuching
Try Google "LCD & polarized film".
learn some thing,
Than suggest you look for some old LCD parts to use.

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Thanks for all the Tips and I have find out that when I use my polarize Ray-Ban and look at it and I discover the images. I got a scrap LCD monitor and remove the piece and attach it. Now it works fine..Thanks

Oct 5, 2012
Subang Jaya
HI Praba, congratulations on solving the problem. I have exact same problem in a 98 Prado I just purchased. I have got the polarizing film from an old laptop... but how to remove the console to replace the film? I opened the top and removed what look like mounting screws but the console still firmly attached to the top of the dash!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

recently i took my dad's unser for snow bath n the guy there pour diesel on top of the car the he washes with the snow.when i asked him he said for brighter colour cars u have to use diesel to remove dirts?
isit true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience