Top speed dropped dramstically ... NEED HELP .

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Guys ,
My GTI is using MMC ecu . Used to run at max top speed of 200km/h without any mod . I'm maintainning the engine pure stock as were before . Only keep a good tracking on my srevice report .
Last mth , i had a timimg drop problem when i on the aircond . It will drop directly to 0 and cause the engine to die . I went to my mech , and he asked me to go and check all the sensor using electronic . So, i when to eon service centre , after the diagonose the system , they said my speed sensor kong liau . I have already change it and now my car can't even reach 160km'h ............. very frusterating la ,,,,

Can anyone let me , what is the problem ?????? :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:

kksoon

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
any different on the pick-up?

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Good day buddies ....

I have did some fine tuning , changed spark plug , change engine oil and gear oil .
So , far i have tried until 170km/h . Futher from this cannot lah ,,, not enough road . Atleast better then before .

4G9XT ,,,
I don't know wheter GTI has a speed sensor or not , but the guy from EON service center told me that this sensor kong liau . He said this sensor is located inside the meter panel .

Now , i'm having another problem . My rpm will goes up when i turn ON the aircond . The rpm niddle will goes slightly up from 1 .

Any one knows y ?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
erm, i guess the ECU got problem dee, since you dun have slipping clutch problem? cause if you are using a carbie i can help you tell which part can adjust the air-cond idling but this is EFi car, so erm...sorry bro =) maybe one of your vacuum hoses not ngam already? or maybe its your ECU? erm, i think its the ECU settings lerr... =(

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Thank 4 the info GAVAN .

I have checked the ECU at 2 different proton serving centre and 1 out side mechanic . They said , the setting all are OK . Maybe now i have to check the vacuum part .

The most frustrating part of this is , the problem won't happend when i go to PE centres . Thats why it is very difficult for them to check also .

Any other possibilties ????

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
oh mr g_ti, it's a good news that the rpm goes up if u on air-con.
if rpm drop if air-con on, then u should more worry coz the air con compresser might kong alr.
start car, the rpm sowly goes to 2/2.3k rpm maintain for a short time, then slowly goes back to 800/900 rpm = ur car is perfect

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Many doubted the functionality of an OCT and today i am going to show you the proof that an OCT does work.

NOthing to do, so took out the OCT and.. hey! It's heavy.. Shake it a little .. liquid inside apparently!

It works..

So i drained the oil out.. it captured about 100 ml of the PCV blow-by in extremely dark color: drain-out from the OCT

Accidentally spilled it and you can see how dirty it is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience