4-2-1 Extractor for pickup or top speed?

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
Helloo..

i got abit confused one day when thinking of this...

4-2-1 extractor is for low end RPM pickup....

What about top speed? issit 4-2-1 extractor also affect top speed..?

Or open pod airfilter only can get better top speed..?

tnx...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
4-2-1 is for low end rpm power...means mayb the powerband is at 2k rpm till 5k rpm.(just xample)
4-1 is more for high rpm power band...so mayb the power starts all the way from 4k till 8k rpm...

so if u dun normally rev tat high...just get a 4-2-1...

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hi Yong,

That what i thought at first, have you actually tried 4-1 yet? The thing is, all this time many friend have told me that 4-2-1 is good for city driving because of its low end power that it gives, and 4-1 were meant for track use because most of the power only happens at the top, but the funny thing is, when i was using the hot bits 4-2-1 system, is feel my power band was at 4k onwards all the way to redline, pulls strongly at around 5.5k, so i decided to be adventurous and go for 4-1, to my surprise the power was instant from low end, and it ended early too, perhap after 6k there wasn't much pull, by the way i'm driving a G2,

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
oh izit....but as u c...most 4-1 is use on mivec..vtec and the toyota 20v....all those r meant for high rev...
not sure wit hot bits 4-2-1 but i use powerzones...the power starts at around less than 3k then all the way to 6k

but anyhow...its just my butt dyno feel...didnt go dyno so i cant really tell it...
onli the torque graph will tell the truth...dyno wont lie...our feeling will...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
erm...last time for my 4g15 is rm 400...of coz..at powerzone...

can try zenden 1 also mah...imitation of hot bits....much much cheaper sumore

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
zenden / hot bits / powerzone extractors the quality all same wan ar?

will installing center bullet affect performance..?

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
Powerzone 421 extractor compare to hotbits 421 extractor is it smaller in piping diameter, and the method of joining from the 4 pipes to the 2 pipes, obviously their design emphasize on overall performance (maintain drivability at the same time provide smoother air flow thus better performance), I try both powerzone and hotbits extractor on my previous engine, yes, hotbit provide better pulling power after 4000rpm while powerzone provide smoother power in wider range of rpm. but frankly speaking, powerzone abit pricy (RM450) compare to hotbit (RM340).

ethanphoon592, you are right, it all depend on the extractor design, last time I join WISE club TT, I saw on wira 1.3 fitted with 4x1 extractor (dunno wat brand but from my observation it is stainless steel, smaller diameter in piping, owner car with bullet plus s-flow muffler), I try to step on this gas pedal, surprising below 3000rpm it is more responsive then powerzone 421 extractor, his extractor design from the 4 pipes join to 1 pipe length is very long, until reach the connector of single pipe of conventional 421 extractor (are you try on similar design extractor?), but to be surprise, this 4x1 extractor after 3000rpm so so only

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
i dunno wat design my 4x1 extractor is.. but i noe 1 thing la.. my car is slow slow slow gah!!!! :mad: hahahaa.. no la not angry...
i think depends on luck la which extractor u fix .. whether correct or not...

anyway can someone answer my earlier question..? :smile:

will installing center bullet affect performance..?

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Guys,

I don't deny the fact that Powerzone's extractor is giving good hp and judging the price they better be good, but based on my 2 cents, i think just go for any cap ayam brand is good enough already, some more they are using white pipe now, I used to use Hotbits headers for my G2, their 4-2-1, thankfully i got it from a friend of mine in Paramount garden for RM250, rather than getting it from speedworks RM340, i will say that, i dont know what hotbits people are doing because their flow is not balanced and its not right, as you can tell from this picture

Just look at the flow, firing order is 1-3-4-2, pipes 1 and 4 goes to 1 pipe and 3 and 2 goes to 1 pipe, so when the pistons are firing in sequence, you'll get a boxer sound effect when idling, no doubt this gives you a very nice sound effect but the power is not very good as compared to my friends cap ayam 4-2-1 with normal correct flow

I saw Waja's hotbit extractor and it looks really good, but i'm not sure whether the gasket hole is the same or not.

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
ethanphoon592 said:
Guys,

I don't deny the fact that Powerzone's extractor is giving good hp and judging the price they better be good, but based on my 2 cents, i think just go for any cap ayam brand is good enough already, some more they are using white pipe now, I used to use Hotbits headers for my G2, their 4-2-1, thankfully i got it from a friend of mine in Paramount garden for RM250, rather than getting it from speedworks RM340, i will say that, i dont know what hotbits people are doing because their flow is not balanced and its not right, as you can tell from this picture
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/ethanphoon/050917021418.jpg

Just look at the flow, firing order is 1-3-4-2, pipes 1 and 4 goes to 1 pipe and 3 and 2 goes to 1 pipe, so when the pistons are firing in sequence, you'll get a boxer sound effect when idling, no doubt this gives you a very nice sound effect but the power is not very good as compared to my friends cap ayam 4-2-1 with normal correct flow
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/ethanphoon/RallyAtSepang009.jpg

I saw Waja's hotbit extractor and it looks really good, but i'm not sure whether the gasket hole is the same or not.
ethanphoon592, since zenden and hotbits share the same design, I also feel weird how come from one of the zth forumer posted G2 421 extractor with pipes 1 and 3 join into one pipe, 2 and 4 join into one pipe in view gen2 firing sequence is 1-3-4-2, I have check with many exhaust shop, their explaination are, for engine with firing sequence is 1-3-4-2

pipes 1 and 3 join into 1, pipes 2 and 4 join into 2
more horse power

pipes 1 and 4 join into 1, pipes 2 and 3 join into 2
more torque

correct me if I am wrong

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Wirafly,

I don't know whether its right or not, but if its true like what you said, then how come no other tuners like Mugen or Spoon practices this kinda flow? I just think that its weird to have this kinda sequence.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
i thinik mugen n spoon onli comes out wit 4-1 xtractor rite...all those vtec high rev

but wat about dyno chart...ur fren 4-2-1 might be producing more hp for ur butt dyno but y not try dyno it...since the hot bits product is already tested n proven for performance

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
ethanphoon592 said:
Wirafly,

I don't know whether its right or not, but if its true like what you said, then how come no other tuners like Mugen or Spoon practices this kinda flow? I just think that its weird to have this kinda sequence.
Yes, weird design, so far I only found 2 after market 421 extractor with this type of design, one for proton G2(zenden and hotbits), the other for Suzuki Solio in taiwan (brand something like EPN or EFN if not mistaken)

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Yong,

Yup i guess the only way to find out is to dyno both extractors, basically a lot of sifus will tell you that 4-2-1 will be ideal for an instant upgrade from stock, and they will always guarantee that you'll feel something, but for 4-1 the bending of the pipes are very crucial, bend it wrongly and you will definately not get any horsepower gains, thats why a lot of first time owners of G2's when straight for Hotbits design because they had their dyno proven results, and most of them dare not experiment with cap ayam types, until one fine day some members experimented with it and once some one has become white mice then everyone broke the tradition.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have here with us a Toyota Prius today, being silver, it is very hard for a glossy and wet finish but we certainly produce the most spectacular results. Check out the process.

Upon arrival, we did a quick walk around the car to spot any visible damages on the body...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience