engine 4 saga or shud i buy corolla mod with blacktop 6 speed?

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
need advice frm the sifoos here. shud i mod my saga or just buy a corolla with blacktop 6 speed directly.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What is your budget? What is your budget for maintenance? You are comparing which generation saga with which generation corolla? Which car do you prefer at the end of the day? What are you looking for in a car?

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
20k budget if buying new car. maintenance wondering which would be lower. currently have a saga LMST. comparing it with corolla AE101 or AE111. looking 4 a car to play as well as 4 everyday use.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dont buy corolla..ha ha
But u r driving one :rofl:

I would get a 4age blacktop 6 speed man. Driven an auto one once. Is just fun to drive and
have enough power to overtake some bigger cars. Worth getting.

Toyota ma..more reliable than proton.

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
ya. my proton makan byk duit already doing d maintenance. inherited from my father. he never jaga. byk rosak oredi. :shot:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ya. my proton makan byk duit already doing d maintenance. inherited from my father. he never jaga. byk rosak oredi. :shot:
So problem solved, sell off saga while the car is still driveable and get yourself SEG with blacktop
6 speed, sure u wont regret and thank god u changed to one.

Since got budget now. But prepare some extra cash for some wear and tear parts to change.
Tyres usually bald from 2nd hand dealers. Brake pads as well. Suspension if lucky then
k la. As long no serious problem is okay. Wear and tear is norm.

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
thanks all 4 d advice. corolla blacktop it is. :) now d only matter is finding one under 20k in kuching. :hmmmm:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
thanks all 4 d advice. corolla blacktop it is. :) now d only matter is finding one under 20k in kuching. :hmmmm:
I'll be honest with you man. I am a victim once of poor budgeting when buying a car. When you have 20k, do not buy a 20k used car. But a 15k or at the very least, a 17k car. No matter how good the condition be. All those lines "No repairs needed. Just buy and drive" are bullshits of the century. The car may not have faults. But we are not talking about breakdowns here. We are talking about wear and tear. When you buy a used car, you have to at least change the timing belt and do an oil change. Then drive around for a week or 2. Then you will grasp the condition of the car. Buying a used car is always a gamble. You can't fully grasp the condition on the day you test drive i.e fuel consumption, rattling, vibration, oil consumption.

And if you have 20k, I doubt you can get a decent ae101 or ae111. Even more so if you are in sarawak. Cars on our side (i'm from sabah) are generally 3 - 5k higher in price. And if you really found one for 18 - 20k, I doubt you will be able to drive it without spending another 3 - 5k in the same year. And forget the 6 speed. It is a gem to drive. But definitely out of your budget. Try and shop for a 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto whichever you prefer. It's not a rocket, but still enough power to drive daily and overtake most cars. Good on FC too. Parts are cheap and plenty since it is a toyota.

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
yeah. corolla seg with blacktop in sarawak a bit expensive. more than my budget. hope can raise my budget to 30k. then can buy one. mayb can sabar dulu. hehehe. many thanx for d advice bro.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
u must have knowledge about cars b4 getting an old car..

juz saying :wink:

gg00

Sep 6, 2013
Sarawak
Which part of Sarawak? U can search around in Mudah.my and see cars around your budget.

What about this one? at least unique and sporty and rare. Not sure what engine seems stock since not stated.

Toyota Corolla AE70 - Cars for sale Sarawak - Mudah.my
kuching area. waa. 1.8 engine? kuat minyak rite? :) looks nice tho. tempted.. hehe. masuk 4ag inside.

u must have knowledge about cars b4 getting an old car..

juz saying :wink:
ya. been researching alot. maintenance, spare part availability n price, etc. :) hav to think byk2 b4 buy old car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friend of a friend got mugged earlier round 0030hrs 01/12 round Sri Damansara. Owner got mugged & his car driven off by the damn thieves. Car reg no. BEN 7272 White Vios with TRD Kit. Do call owner direct should you guys have any info. Thanks.

Ben (Owner) 017 603 6072
Aswad ( Friend) 010 226 5877
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience