Titans On A Nissan Sunny

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
I drive a Stock suspension setup Nissan Sunny. Then around last year, I lowered the car and hell broke loose every since. Shocks kong every 3 months...And eventhough it is better than stocks.. But I am not happy with the suspension setup.

THEN, A close friend of mine (Jeff aka Sunnyboy) upgraded to TiTaNs for his Sunny. And I was offered to drive the car for SS03.

I first test drived the car around his housing area the night before the event. I immediatly felt the difference in Ride Comfort.. I drove the titaned sunny pass the same route I just drove mine to his house, and the journey is so smooth... My sunny jumps around the uneven road and jerks badly when I hit the portholes. But the titaned one just move smoothly as if there are nothing wrong with the road.

Next, was some Junction cornering. T-Junctions, U Turns, Hard left and then hard right... Those corners usually make my Sunny body roll badly and make my tyres loose traction from the cacat suspensions.. But with the titaned sunny, I took a 90 degree left junction turn at no less than 80 km/h and the car just go... with no problem at all... WOW ! The car was also well balanced, I felt no problem controlling the tail.

Next, was some Hash test. Making 180 degree turns in unbelievable speed and also try to powerslid with no handbrakes... I gun down the road around 100 km/h.. Hit the brakes and then swing the car left and right then accelerate... the car tried it's best to grip and then gave way at the rear.... The rear swings and easily being caught back after i completed the turn and I am off back on the road again.. The oversteer is so predictable

90 degree powerslides were also easy to control the car did body roll to a certain extend but we are still in control of the car. Making constant shaloms at high speed also does not upset the car.

Overall on road test.. I rate it 10/10.

Then on the event day... The feeling with the shocks were totally different compare to my last event using my 1.3 Sunny. The handling was so great I can negotiate corners easily... The main problem was the rear tires during the event, they are not gripping the road so I oversteered a lot. But car balance recovery after corners where great ! Compare to my sunny.. I think it scores twice the score.

Well... Will I install TiTaNs in my own Sunny also ? The answer is a definite YES.
When... ? Eeerrr.... Dunno ler... No money yet.. heheheh

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
You dam lucky buggger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Acoustic@May 10 2004, 05:21 PM
You dam lucky buggger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.. Got to drive a TITAN.. very lucky loh..

But did not strike lottery to get one for my own car.. Not so lucky.

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
:lol: Congratulations !!! Happy to hear that you satisfly with TITAN's absorbers.
As stanley said........must try out then you will know. :lol: :lol:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by ninja_iga@May 12 2004, 12:41 PM
no need to strike lottery wan.. hehe

seems that the next race's in July, Sepang again!
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yeah.. July is good..

SEPANG ???!!! haiya... The car park again ? beh shiok lah..